Author Topic: [POLL] ArmA 2 ( And pref. OA also)  (Read 16145 times)

Re: [POLL] ArmA 2 ( And pref. OA also)
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2011, 06:02:57 AM »
Is it going to be vs. AI? Or player vs. player?

If it's player versus player I would love for the scenario to involve Russian involvment aiding the Tajikistani military. I'm a big MVD and SU-25 fan :)

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2011, 06:31:33 AM »
Is it going to be vs. AI? Or player vs. player?

If it's player versus player I would love for the scenario to involve Russian involvment aiding the Tajikistani military. I'm a big MVD and SU-25 fan :)
Depends upon players.
what

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2011, 06:34:17 AM »
Makes sense, it would be wise to make a poll about it once this goes official.

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2011, 09:41:49 AM »
Player vs. AI would work best at this point, seeing as we have a relatively small number of people who want to play.
Also, I suggest we get a few people to sort of take the lead on this, and decide when to have our operation.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2011, 10:28:44 AM »
Fishy, can I be part of your squad, I would like to be the Ammo Carrier/Rear Guard.

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2011, 10:29:39 AM »
Fishy, can I be part of your squad, I would like to be the Ammo Carrier/Rear Guard.

I added you as a friend to tell you you were accepted.

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »
Hoplite, Blt and me just successfully engaged in a game of ArmA 2 Combined Operations. It was enjoyable, Hoplite kept on crashing, it may of had been the fact that the map was a full scale battle with numerous AI. Anyways, my map was a success with me and Blt and we nearly completed it, sadly, a AT Fireteam was lucky enough to spot a RPG on the building we were in which caused it to collapse on us.

Anyways, Domination is basically all there is, I wouldn't start drafting squads until we are decided completely about this, and it would have to be much more than just a AT fireteam roster. This is of course, assuming you want a PMC team, you'd need 1 pilot, 1 AT fireteam, 1 security detail that includes SUV drivers and gunners.

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2011, 12:04:44 PM »
Hoplite, Blt and me just successfully engaged in a game of ArmA 2 Combined Operations. It was enjoyable, Hoplite kept on crashing, it may of had been the fact that the map was a full scale battle with numerous AI. Anyways, my map was a success with me and Blt and we nearly completed it, sadly, a AT Fireteam was lucky enough to spot a RPG on the building we were in which caused it to collapse on us.

Anyways, Domination is basically all there is, I wouldn't start drafting squads until we are decided completely about this, and it would have to be much more than just a AT fireteam roster. This is of course, assuming you want a PMC team, you'd need 1 pilot, 1 AT fireteam, 1 security detail that includes SUV drivers and gunners.

Pretty sure we're not using PMC, seeing as we're trying to let everyone join us.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2011, 12:07:53 PM »
when you used addons the caracter dosen't have, they get it, just they addon's armor and sutff is blurry, but not the weapons.

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2011, 12:27:56 PM »
If you dont have the same addons as the server or other addons the server doesnt have (excluding a very small amount of mods) then you will not be able to connect to the server

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2011, 01:50:31 PM »
I personally prefer player against player, especially in serious tactical operations, but AI is also extremely fun also

BTW will the server be on takistan? i love that map..... chernarus..... not so much
My dropbox gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/30764657/1/Ponies?h=988a91
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline frostwolf

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »
I would perfer player vs AI  the best.

It should be arma 2 combined ops because there is  very little people I know who own arma 2 and not OA.

If there would be a mod to get I think it should be ace. Ace ofers a lot of stuff I find it to make the game funner. If we do get ace thought, we should get only the stable versions that come out and you just place in your addons folder like any other mod.

I don't have PMC or british forces but I can still playplay if you use them (just with graphics on low)

Sadly I agree with everyone else saying that we are not serious enough to most missions but warfare might be good.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2011, 03:32:04 AM »
They may say we aint, but we will damn well try. Determination>opinions
what

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2011, 06:47:31 AM »
I think warfare would be best....In the end warfare is the best game mode to keep everyone happy. It involves Player vs. AI and Player vs. Player, unit buying, unit commanding, choosing of weaponry, freedom of choosing tactics and such etc...

The big thing with warfare is the freedom of choosing what and how you want to do any and everything. That's why it's a good mode.

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2011, 08:05:58 AM »
We're going in circles here, so let's agree that we all want to do ArmA 2.

Can we all agree that regular ArmA 2 would be best so we can get the most people involved? That way the F2P people can join us too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal