Author Topic: Various suggestions brought back up  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Various suggestions brought back up
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »
Ok so there's billions of suggestions out there, I could spend all night posting and bumping them. Or I could make a big post right here. So for all the suggestions past the ones I posted in today, here's the ones I though should be brought back up.

Allow government officials to use cellphones. No reason why they cant.

Accepted and completed.

Allow passengers to view 3rd person too. Like in hrp where you push space to see in 3rd person around the yacht.

Keys model added for hands.
(a model is apparently already made for scars?)

Coffee and doughnut food items.

Seatbelts. You ragdoll out the car if you crash your car going 35 MPH+

Towels to remove blood from floors and walls

Gas cans that add up to max 5% fuel so you can reach a station

Lamps that emit light

More drug production such as meth.

Automated unit number assigning to gov official organized into groups for the job (pd 1, fire 2, ems 3) (ex police 1-11, fire 2-02, ems 3-01) The unit number would just show up in front of their name on chat and voice.

Turning off gov radio temporarily (60 seconds, then automatically turns back on. you can still turn it off again)

Private Storage for items

Car bomb planting sounds

Character descriptions (displayed under your actual name like when you recognize someone in hl2rp)

Repair wrenches

Multiple character profiles (for different skill sets, reputations, etc)

Bullet penetration

Food/drink progress bar. Much like filling a vehicle, when you choose to eat/drink, a progress bar runs as if you where taking time to eat/drink. Would prevent people from firing back energy drinks in a split second when running.

Hats. Moneysink. Hatfortress2 lol but no. Seriously. Hats and other apparel items. Great moneysink.

Tow truck driver computer for figuring out who owns said car so they can call said person when they tow it.

Life alert prints pt location in chat as well as displaying it on your hud.

Ability to fill up cars you dont own. Possibly bring up a menu to choose which car to fill.

/911 only goes to dispatcher when dispatcher is online

iPhone radio using the music icon, you can listen to radio from your iPhone. It would play over "headphones" so you are the only one who can hear it.

Different phones. Cheap flip phones that only allow texting and calling. More expensive phones that allow more shit like above, the radio. Maybe it can open the internet. Choose various ringtones. Choose contacts.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:52:57 PM by Statua [OCRP2 New Years] »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Various suggestions brought back up
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 12:59:30 AM »
Like all of these, yes.  AS for the gas fill-up thing, there is script out there from perp that makes it so you pick up a roped pump handle/piper so we here in belleville call it.  Witch is then touched to sed/any car and it takes money from the person who is holding its pocket/wallet.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 11:19:24 AM »
Anyone else have opinions on this? Loads of good simple suggestions here (for the most part) that can be thrown in the to-do box.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 12:32:21 PM »
Going to put in green/orange/red my opinion for each one.

Ok so there's billions of suggestions out there, I could spend all night posting and bumping them. Or I could make a big post right here. So for all the suggestions past the ones I posted in today, here's the ones I though should be brought back up.

Allow government officials to use cellphones. No reason why they cant.
Yes, why is it not allowed in the first place.

Allow passengers to view 3rd person too. Like in hrp where you push space to see in 3rd person around the yacht.
Yes, would be a nice addition.

Keys model added for hands.
(a model is apparently already made for scars?)
Would be nice to have a first person model for the keys.

Coffee and doughnut food items.
Would provide a minor moneysink, maybe drinking too much coffee would give a caffeine overdose effect.

I wouldn't mind this as long as it only happened without a seatbelt on. Adding seatbelts into the car should be a minor upgrade unless you want to save money but risk your life instead.

Towels to remove blood from floors and walls
Yes.

Gas cans that add up to max 5% fuel so you can reach a station
If this was to be implemented I would rather it be a one-time activation until you reach a gas station so it is only used as emergencies when you run out but aren't close to one.

Lamps that emit light
Yes.

More drug production such as meth.
This would be nice as long as a dynamic market was created so demand would increase/decrease the price like on HRP with fish and fruit.

Automated unit number assigning to gov official organized into groups for the job (pd 1, fire 2, ems 3) (ex police 1-11, fire 2-02, ems 3-01) The unit number would just show up in front of their name on chat and voice.
Don't believe it is needed for LiteRP.

Turning off gov radio temporarily (60 seconds, then automatically turns back on. you can still turn it off again)
Make it a toggle without a time limit. A notification should be shown on-screen if your radio is on or off.

Private Storage for items
Not sure why this was never done, could be done with a Storage Banker NPC in the bank.

Car bomb planting sounds
As long as it isn't too loud then this would be nice.

Character descriptions (displayed under your actual name like when you recognize someone in hl2rp)
Not needed for LiteRP.

Repair wrenches
As long as it requires a certain skill to do it then sure.

Would seem a bit dumb for OCRP, plus it isn't a serious gamemode like HL2RP.

Bullet penetration
I can sort of see this being abused plus would start making barricading useless.

Food/drink progress bar. Much like filling a vehicle, when you choose to eat/drink, a progress bar runs as if you where taking time to eat/drink. Would prevent people from firing back energy drinks in a split second when running.
Again, LiteRP, but there might be another way to reduce the energy can thing, like having a cooldown on when you can next drink an energy drink or drinking too much would give you caffeine overdose effect.

Hats. Moneysink. Hatfortress2 lol but no. Seriously. Hats and other apparel items. Great moneysink.
YES PLS

Tow truck driver computer for figuring out who owns said car so they can call said person when they tow it.
Would be very handy.

Life alert prints pt location in chat as well as displaying it on your hud.
Would be nice but mainly visual since the displaying in HUD would still be more beneficial.

Ability to fill up cars you dont own. Possibly bring up a menu to choose which car to fill.
Should be limited to people on friends and organisation.

/911 only goes to dispatcher when dispatcher is online
Yes, would make their job more important as long as 911 goes to everyone if there is no dispatcher.

iPhone radio using the music icon, you can listen to radio from your iPhone. It would play over "headphones" so you are the only one who can hear it.
As long as it isn't named after a shitty apple product then sure.

Different phones. Cheap flip phones that only allow texting and calling. More expensive phones that allow more shit like above, the radio. Maybe it can open the internet. Choose various ringtones. Choose contacts.
Would be a nice moneysink, phone names should be original and not use existing brand names, maybe modified ones like Nukia, Samsang or HTSee.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 01:05:54 PM »
I agree with most of your points. The main reason behind the serious RP type things such as the descriptions was to give some support for people who where interested in a more serious form of RP, though I do see where issues come in with that. Wasnt trying to change the server to a more serious type or anything. Just supporting those who play serious on lite (yes it is possible and its not that hard either)

I wouldn't mind this as long as it only happened without a seatbelt on. Adding seatbelts into the car should be a minor upgrade unless you want to save money but risk your life instead.

I was thinking of the same system with starting your car. You hit like r to start your car and c to buckle in. Wouldnt even be something you buy, just something thats there with every car. I've played on servers a long time ago with this in. It was quite interesting chasing people who jump in their cars and speed off immediately then crash and go flying. Quit hilarious at that.

This wasnt intended for serious RP purposes. It was intended for the biggest problem I came across constantly. I started out with my character selling all the furniture and props and items available with his skillset. Was great. But then I started up The Underground again. With this I had to switch over my skills so I could craft car bombs and weapons. Now I cant sell furniture. This suggestion was mainly brought up so people could switch between play styles without having to collect loads of books and reset their skills all the time.

Bullet penetration
I can sort of see this being abused plus would start making barricading useless.

It would only really be for glass materials in like windows and such.

Other then those, I agree with everything else you said.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 05:25:35 PM »
I agree with most of your points. The main reason behind the serious RP type things such as the descriptions was to give some support for people who where interested in a more serious form of RP, though I do see where issues come in with that. Wasnt trying to change the server to a more serious type or anything. Just supporting those who play serious on lite (yes it is possible and its not that hard either)

I was thinking of the same system with starting your car. You hit like r to start your car and c to buckle in. Wouldnt even be something you buy, just something thats there with every car. I've played on servers a long time ago with this in. It was quite interesting chasing people who jump in their cars and speed off immediately then crash and go flying. Quit hilarious at that.

This wasnt intended for serious RP purposes. It was intended for the biggest problem I came across constantly. I started out with my character selling all the furniture and props and items available with his skillset. Was great. But then I started up The Underground again. With this I had to switch over my skills so I could craft car bombs and weapons. Now I cant sell furniture. This suggestion was mainly brought up so people could switch between play styles without having to collect loads of books and reset their skills all the time.

Bullet penetration

It would only really be for glass materials in like windows and such.

Other then those, I agree with everything else you said.
If customiazble weapons where added, bullet penetration would be auto implemented.  Also, the penetration veries depending on round type, and gun type.  This comes default with the addon.  Also, you can set penetration scripts that are pre added.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 02:09:01 PM »
Anyone else have thoughts on these before I throw the ones me and abbott agreed on to the to-do list?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal