Author Topic: Complete Re-write of the Radio(music radio)  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Stevob21

Complete Re-write of the Radio(music radio)
« on: November 06, 2013, 04:43:46 PM »
Hello, I am the new developer here for OCRP and I'd like to know what you guys think of my upcoming plan for the radio.

Recently while checking the Garrysmod Wiki for any new useful functions and hooks, I noticed a new one which would be increadibly handy.

Code: [Select]
sound.PlayURL()
This is identical to what the bass module does, streams music in a 3D area within the localplayer (making it even faster than the bass module). It also supports all systems that play Garry'sMod (Windows,OSX & Linux)

I would also do a re-write of the clientside, allow you to input some of your favourite channels (which only you can see) which would then save and allow you to play a custom channel on the radio you bought (Finally!!)

What do you guys think, leave a comment on any adjustments.

Thanks. Stephen.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Complete Re-write of the Radio(music radio)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 05:03:55 PM »
Tried to use sound.PlayURL already. Tying it to the vehicles causes major issues and makes the sound create too many phantom streams.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:46:51 PM »
Tried to use sound.PlayURL already. Tying it to the vehicles causes major issues and makes the sound create too many phantom streams.

Sounds like you are having it re-create the sound multiple times, last time I tried it setup the sound on initialize and worked perfectly fine with moving the sound around.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 07:12:32 PM »
If it works well in all aspects of use, I'd much rather see this then people making hundreds of suggestions for their favourite radio station. As long as it works right and doesnt cause lag, damn right I wanna see that. Only issue I see is RIP Catalyst FM.

Maybe we could have it like, 3 most popular stations first, (first one being CFM) and the 4th is a custom station where you enter the URL of the stream.

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 07:28:55 PM »
It does work, here's a quick sample video I made.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJpY9vyDQVY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJpY9vyDQVY</a>

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 08:51:31 PM »
Unable to see the video, but I tried this method when it was first introduced. Parenting to a radio prop and fravgunning around was fine but parenting to the vehicle made it lag behind and occasionally create phantom streams like it did with gm_bass. Its because of the velocity and the distance between updates and stuff.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »
Seems to be working just fine in the video.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal