Author Topic: Gamemode Overhaul Ideas, Part II.  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gamemode Overhaul Ideas, Part II.
« on: November 06, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
Hey all, and this is Strelnikov's offical gamemode overhaul suggestion thread. Part I was an old thread that didn't really go anywehre, so now it's time for part II. I'll try to keep this as updated as possible. Anyways, I'll jump right in.

IDEAS:

1: Overhaul weapons (posted a thread a while back) or change the server from CS:S to M9K.
M9K is really great looking and it would be retardedly easy to add a much wider selection of weapons due to the vast number of weapons included in the M9K packs. If needed, I will take the liberty of making an official Catalyst-Gaming content pack on the workshop (for every server; OCRP, HRP, etc).

2: Remove the buggy TDM/SGM vehicles (with refunds of course).
Just remove the ones that bug out when model detail is set to anything lower than high. This would solve a lot of people's lag issues as they wouldn't have to have their graphics settings turned up as high.

3: DE-NERF WEED!
For god's sake, this alone would restore the playerbase!

4: New jobs (such as an actual detective job instead of a police rank).
We seriously need more jobs. OCRP, by the time it died, was basically cops'n'robbers.

5: More PassiveRP options (easier-to-obtain props, etc).
No explanation needed. Just easier-to-obtain props (but NOT like HRP's prop system) so people can run stores easier.

6: Seriousness level.
Keep it semi-serious, but tweak the rules so it isn't like we're reenacting 1984 whenever OCRP is played.

I'll try to update this as frequently as possible as soon as I read what the rest of the community is saying.

Revive OCRP? We can do it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:53:25 PM by Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gamemode Overhaul Ideas, Part II.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 04:05:25 PM »
1. i prefer CSS weapons tbh, so id rather it stay CSS weapons imo but that is just my preference
2. i would like to see us go back to sickness models or something similar if we cant get TDM cars fixed
3. yes
4. jobs need to serve an actual purpose, id rather not see them there purely for a visual title to RP with
5. suggest some props and devs might add them to be obtained
6. pls no, OCRP doesn't work when its semi-serious, would rather see it LiteRP again

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »
1. id rather see dynamic weapon system like in a previous topic where you can change various things on your gun. Or is that m9k?

2. As posted after this in hd models, id rather see sickness cars back with a few tdm cars to cut down on filesize. Still this is a good idea

3. Clearly people didnt like that. Idk whos idea it was in the first place.

4. Or more shit to do in general. Not specifically complete jobs but other forms of income like farming, trucking, logging, etc would be beneficial.

5. It was intended people made furniture stores in ocrp. I did that for awhile but due to my skills change I couldnt continue. When I did though I made a good amount of money by selling furniture. This suggestion is kinda on the eh side of things.

6. Thats already in the works. Were gonna set things to a lite standard but still support serious rp.

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 04:26:45 PM »

4. Or more shit to do in general. Not specifically complete jobs but other forms of income like farming, trucking, logging, etc would be beneficial.

YES. I would love to see RP jobs like trucking or logging. You could just spawn a large truck, go to checkpoints without a certain degree of damage, and get a reasonable payout relative to the jobs difficulty.
ok

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 04:29:22 PM »
Speaking of new jobs, why not add a coroner to collect dead bodies? Irl its them who do it anyway, not paramedics.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 06:22:09 PM »
Speaking of new jobs, why not add a coroner to collect dead bodies? Irl its them who do it anyway, not paramedics.
Sounds good to me, but I'm not a dev. Ask Wake/Nick/the new guy Rofl brought in to finish it up.
1. id rather see dynamic weapon system like in a previous topic where you can change various things on your gun. Or is that m9k?
That's not M9K, that's Customizable Weaponry. Having used both, I honestly prefer M9K. It looks and works better, and the weapons have a lot more variety to them.

2. As posted after this in hd models, id rather see sickness cars back with a few tdm cars to cut down on filesize. Still this is a good idea
No, please no. Sickness was buggy and annoying, and everything was just ripped from GTA IV. If I wanted GTA IV cars, I'd go play GTA IV.

This single-handedly killed OCRP. Thanks, Karma.

Is there even a forest IN Rockford?

5. It was intended people made furniture stores in ocrp. I did that for awhile but due to my skills change I couldnt continue. When I did though I made a good amount of money by selling furniture. This suggestion is kinda on the eh side of things.
Meh. Just put prop safeguards like what HRP has in place. Make it so that we still have to craft themm, but allow us to have skills required to craft basic props by default without lowering our skill points.

6. Thats already in the works. Were gonna set things to a lite standard but still support serious rp.
If it was semi-serious with less Nazi-like rules, it'd work fine.
Replies in red.
1. i prefer CSS weapons tbh, so id rather it stay CSS weapons imo but that is just my preference
How can you like CS:S weapons? CS:S is old, broing and bland. People only use them because they're easy to develop.
2. i would like to see us go back to sickness models or something similar if we cant get TDM cars fixed
As above. Sickness was buggy and annoying, and if I wanted to have GTA IV cars, I'd play GTA IV.
3. yes
I know, right?
4. jobs need to serve an actual purpose, id rather not see them there purely for a visual title to RP with
Detectives wouldn't just be an RP title. We could have it so that they have a sort of "crime scene" HUD mode, where they can investigate a crime scene. See who was killed/attacked and find out with what/by whom.
Not just being in the gamemode, but being easier for players to get. As above.
6. pls no, OCRP doesn't work when its semi-serious, would rather see it LiteRP again
As above.
Replies also in red.

YES. I would love to see RP jobs like trucking or logging. You could just spawn a large truck, go to checkpoints without a certain degree of damage, and get a reasonable payout relative to the jobs difficulty.
Not sure what purpose this would serve. Isn't that basically what smuggling is already?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:24:58 PM by Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 06:25:14 PM »
Sounds good to me, but I'm not a dev. Ask Wake/Nick/the new guy Rofl brought in to finish it up.
That's not M9K, that's Customizable Weaponry. Having used both, I honestly prefer M9K. It looks and works better, and the weapons have a lot more variety to them.

No, please no. Sickness was buggy and annoying, and everything was just ripped from GTA IV. If I wanted GTA IV cars, I'd go play GTA IV.

This single-handedly killed OCRP. Thanks, Karma.

Meh. Just put prop safeguards like what HRP has in place. Make it so that we still have to craft themm, but allow us to have skills required to craft basic props by default without lowering our skill points.

Replies in red.
How can you like CS:S weapons? CS:S is old, broing and bland. People only use them because they're easy to develop.
As above. Sickness was buggy and annoying, and if I wanted to have GTA IV cars, I'd play GTA IV.
3. yes
I know, right?
Detectives wouldn't just be an RP title. We could have it so that they have a sort of "crime scene" HUD mode, where they can investigate a crime scene. See who was killed/attacked and find out with what/by whom.
Not just being in the gamemode, but being easier for players to get. As above.
As above.
Replies also in red.

Not sure what purpose this would serve. Isn't that basically what smuggling is already?

Well it's different than smuggling considering it's Legal. You're hitting different checkpoints and delivering product whether it be trees or trailors.
ok

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 06:33:44 PM »
Well it's different than smuggling considering it's Legal. You're hitting different checkpoints and delivering product whether it be trees or trailors.
Makes sense, I guess.
READY AYE READY

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 07:09:20 PM »
You need to critically think more Strelnikov lol. Explanations as follows:

As I said before, the suggestion wasn't about new weapons, it was about a dynamic weapon system to make shit more interesting. I'd rather see the ability to add suppressors, foregrips, scopes, sights, etc then a bunch of shiny looking guns.

How was it buggy and annoying? After we fixed the scripts, they were practically flawless. Besides we might just stick to TDM and have some cool shit for it.

Did you even look at some of the development pictures? Rockford is surrounded by trees and forest. Theres even a huge hill beside the beach with dozens of trees.

The rules weren't even nazi-like. They were semi-serious rules. If you thought they where nazi-like you havent played a true serious RP like our HL2RP. What you're looking for is some lite rules.

Smuggling is illegal. Shipping is legal. VERY big difference in RP style there. You get pulled over when smuggling, you're fucked. If you noticed in one of the threads about shipping, you'd make a small amount of cash but there's no time limit and you cant get fined for it.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 08:44:46 PM »
How was it buggy and annoying? After we fixed the scripts, they were practically flawless. Besides we might just stick to TDM and have some cool shit for it.
Statua, you need to remember that the vast majority of the Sickness vehicles couldn't even get over the curb of the road.

Did you even look at some of the development pictures? Rockford is surrounded by trees and forest. Theres even a huge hill beside the beach with dozens of trees.
I looked at the urban areas because quite frankly, that's all I'd be caring about. I spend most of my time either growing in the subs or as a cop in the city, so I don't usually have time to marvel at the landscape.

The rules weren't even nazi-like. They were semi-serious rules. If you thought they where nazi-like you havent played a true serious RP like our HL2RP. What you're looking for is some lite rules.
The rules themselves weren't, the way the admins enforced them was.

btw, I actually quite enjoy serious RP gamemodes.
READY AYE READY

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:25 PM »
Statua, you need to remember that the vast majority of the Sickness vehicles couldn't even get over the curb of the road.

I looked at the urban areas because quite frankly, that's all I'd be caring about. I spend most of my time either growing in the subs or as a cop in the city, so I don't usually have time to marvel at the landscape.

1. And neither can my Honda Civic IRL which has more clearance then my roommates Chrysler Intrepid. Whats your point?

2. No comment...

3. We enforce them as they were. Whats your point? The fact that we actually did our jobs?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »

1. And neither can my Honda Civic IRL which has more clearance then my roommates Chrysler Intrepid. Whats your point?

2. No comment...

3. We enforce them as they were. Whats your point? The fact that we actually did our jobs?
1: Still, some could and some couldn't. It was really annoying.

2: Well, that's my playstyle. Like it or not, I enjoy the RP of being a cop. If I'm not either growing or being a cop, I'm passive RPing.

3: YOU may have enforced them as they were, but do you remember Ninja'd? Or Cow? Or OwenCobs, before he straightened himself?

EDIT: Locked as it was basically just an argument and went nowhere. I'll take some of the points made here and start a new thread.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:08:06 PM by Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal