Author Topic: Fuel changes/balancing.  (Read 1895 times)

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fuel changes/balancing.
« on: June 04, 2013, 05:49:42 PM »
So as we all know trucks use up more fuel, sedans and little cars don't use that much and sports cars and SUVs vary. However the amount they hold is different.
Most trucks usually have a large diesel tank which would get them pretty far. Sedans, coops, and other little vehicles don't care much but have a good fuel economy. Sports cars and SUVs all vary in their fuel tanks but they usually carry a decent amount.

This suggestion is to rework the vehicles to make the amount of fuel a vehicle holds be more realistic.
Im talking about specifics but just in general:

Mule and Yankee: They should have maybe another 2-300 liters. They are trucks, they would carry a lot. Plus they are slow.
Hummer H1, it holds 900 liters for fuel yet realistically it burns it just like a truck, and it holds as much as a truck. Just supporting the idea that trucks would get more fuel. Also this is an SUV technically but its basically a truck when it comes to fuel.

The Ferrari F1 (Little convertible) holds 850 liters, when realistically it holds less than what a ford fusion or something holds. It should be reduced. Same thing with the BMW 507.

Sports cars:
The McLaren and the Reventon both cost between 829-900k and both have 500 liters of fuel. Then one tiny step up the the Audi B8 and you get an extra 350 liters? Kind of ridiculous that its that big of a jump. And the McLaren is pretty equal to that vehicle besides how much gas it holds. I think the McLaren and Reventon should both be boosted to 650-850 liters.

Minicooper: It holds as much as some of the top cars like the Reventon and McLaren, and holds the same amount the mule does. Really? A truck who's gas tanks combined are 1/2 the size of the mini, basically, has the same amount as the mini. Its just ridiculous, however I am not in favor of reducing the mini...or maybe just by 50 liters or so.

All vehicles besides the ATV and mini should have a decent amount of fuel and average 450-600. When it comes to SUVs and trucks I think should be around 550-800 if not more considering how much they realistically hold. And sports cars/fast ones should be anywhere from 650-850.

These are just my ideas however just in general I think people can agree its a bit odd how some cars have so much more or the equal amount to a vehicle which realistically doesn't even hold half as much as another.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fuel changes/balancing.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 06:01:13 PM »
In general I think all cars burn fuel too fast

Offline GrannyLad

• This Is Fucking
    Awesome
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »
In general I think all cars burn fuel too fast

This^
I totally agree, wayyy to fast

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
Agreed. But still back to my suggestion, fuel is part of the issue for some vehicles. But we can also make that suggestion, burns way WAY too fast....even with the gas tank upgrade.

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 07:35:31 PM »
id have to agree, trucks should have way more fuel than a conventional car. Aswell as to the cars drinking gas like water, in the cruiser i can go about 4 times around the map and have to refuel... and its not really a lot of driving around.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »
Yup, cars do not nearly have the mpgs that they should, and again trucks hold a tone more than regular cars.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 10:13:13 AM »
Fuel is based on velocity. It goes down as the cars maintain speed / distance the capacity is the only factor that keeps fuel up I believe.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal