Author Topic: Ten percent fuel  (Read 2087 times)

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ten percent fuel
« on: June 03, 2013, 11:00:34 PM »
First idea) So I looked at update 12.2 which removed the cars spawning with 100% fuel, which was a problem another time and fixed and now its fixed again. Anyway I was thinking, why not have a minimum amount of fuel the car spawns with, maybe 5-10%. Main reason is that you would never park your car on empty just to have it towed because you cannot fuel it up with a gas can. Realistically you would go to the gas station first. This would stop people from having to either call a tow truck which realistically, again, would never happen unless you have a brain the size of a peanut, or rejoin the server. People should keep track of their fuel, but you can forget. Plus since cars are required to turn off to save fuel people may accidently forget to turn it off. Or what if you are arrested? Then your car may still be running and apon release you have no way of getting fuel.

Second idea) Other idea still has to do with the update and whatnot but why not have the NPC give the option to spawn the car with a tiny bit of fuel. It could be more expensive than regular fuel but it would be just enough to get you to the gas station. The way the NPC would work is there is still all of the cars but instead of clicking on a car and it spawning on the right side by the description it would have two options,"Spawn vehicle," and ,"Spawn vehicle with fuel," or something similar.

Just something I though of. Also as I wrote it I think like 20-40 liters would be what you get, not percentage. Since some cars have more fuel than others.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ten percent fuel
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 11:16:06 PM »
First idea) So I looked at update 12.2 which removed the cars spawning with 100% fuel, which was a problem another time and fixed and now its fixed again. Anyway I was thinking, why not have a minimum amount of fuel the car spawns with, maybe 5-10%. Main reason is that you would never park your car on empty just to have it towed because you cannot fuel it up with a gas can. Realistically you would go to the gas station first. This would stop people from having to either call a tow truck which realistically, again, would never happen unless you have a brain the size of a peanut, or rejoin the server. People should keep track of their fuel, but you can forget. Plus since cars are required to turn off to save fuel people may accidently forget to turn it off. Or what if you are arrested? Then your car may still be running and apon release you have no way of getting fuel.

Second idea) Other idea still has to do with the update and whatnot but why not have the NPC give the option to spawn the car with a tiny bit of fuel. It could be more expensive than regular fuel but it would be just enough to get you to the gas station. The way the NPC would work is there is still all of the cars but instead of clicking on a car and it spawning on the right side by the description it would have two options,"Spawn vehicle," and ,"Spawn vehicle with fuel," or something similar.

Just something I though of. Also as I wrote it I think like 20-40 liters would be what you get, not percentage. Since some cars have more fuel than others.
What about bringing back the gas can, yet it only fills like 3% of your tank?  It would be just enough to get you to the gas station, and it would be refillable, meaning it would still need to be re-filled to work again.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 11:32:23 PM »

What about bringing back the gas can, yet it only fills like 3% of your tank?  It would be just enough to get you to the gas station, and it would be refillable, meaning it would still need to be re-filled to work again.

I support bringing back the gas can, much more realistic...

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 07:37:28 AM »
Gas can has been suggested several times and denied for good reasons. It won't be coming back the devs concluded

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:45:33 AM »
Gas can has been suggested several times and denied for good reasons. It won't be coming back the devs concluded

Not sure why, but I'm sure they have their reasons... I just don't want to have to prop push and/or call a towtrucker to get my car to a gas station.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:40:02 PM »

Not sure why, but I'm sure they have their reasons... I just don't want to have to prop push and/or call a towtrucker to get my car to a gas station.
I really don't see any harm coming of the gas cans if it only makes your car go to like 3%... and limited use aswell...

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »

I really don't see any harm coming of the gas cans if it only makes your car go to like 3%... and limited use aswell...

Should cost like $500 - $1000. Only used when really needed.

But people will just use props to take their cars to gas stations...

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 02:47:42 PM »

Thus breaking rules.  Having the gas can is good idea, just make it so it costs the same as if you where filling it, you just have to buy it the first time, then you refill for the same amount as you would your car for about 3%.

Should cost like $500 - $1000. Only used when really needed.

But people will just use props to take their cars to gas stations...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal