Author Topic: Jobs and vehicles.  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jobs and vehicles.
« on: April 24, 2013, 10:09:16 PM »
Allow all Goverment employees to use there "owned" cars, they pay out of pocket if they use them, I don't always want to drive a fire truck when I have to go and check on something.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jobs and vehicles.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:22:24 AM »
IRL firefighters stay (or should stay) at the station in the event of a call, or they take fire owned vehicles if errands need to be run. EMS use the ambulance to run errands while on call. Police use their police vehicles to do this.

I do not support this. You need to be with your emergency vehicle at all times in the event of a call.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 12:26:37 AM »
IRL firefighters stay (or should stay) at the station in the event of a call, or they take fire owned vehicles if errands need to be run. EMS use the ambulance to run errands while on call. Police use their police vehicles to do this.
- Don't Support

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 12:32:51 AM »
I am say, maybe the city cannot afford it?  Make it so you can atleast use it as a backup... or if you have to... search for fires if needed, normally there is enough fire fighters that it does not really matter on OCRP, I know from experience.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 10:08:57 AM »
The firefighters job is to remain at the station and stand by for calls. Not search for fires.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 12:09:08 PM »
the only problem i can see is they are going to use there vehicles instead of gov vehicles. say you run out of gas in your gov vehicles then the player going to hope in there truck or car and go to the fire or police chase in there car. Or think they can get away with being "UNDERCOVER" cop.

and in the Accepted post: they are probably going to change it so you can fill up your Gov vehicle using your own money

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 04:47:10 PM »
I am just saying that the firefighters and paramedics.  The police should only use the police vehicles, the fire trucks, to bulky to get into tight spots, you can also get there faster useing another vehicle, use your fire extinguisher to hold it down till the engine arrives.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 05:20:55 PM »
You seem to be missing the point.
IRL firefighters stay (or should stay) at the station in the event of a call, or they take fire owned vehicles if errands need to be run. EMS use the ambulance to run errands while on call.
Why are you risking the loss of a house so you can go drive to the car dealer and see if you can buy a car? GO off duty if you're going to do that or take the truck with you if you absolutely must go.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 05:51:31 PM »
I am thinking this of a first responder, yes, the errend thing should not be done on OCRP, but If you need to get there first... maybe add a firefighter suv or something... I guess...

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »
My suggestion is a fire car. Just like IRL normally used for fire Marshall's and fire chiefs. It can't support water obv but realistically the city typically has a car or jeep used for the Marshall to make inspection calls / visiting homes other than responding for fires.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal