Author Topic: Require Input  (Read 1954 times)

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Require Input
« on: November 03, 2011, 11:48:57 AM »
Hello, I am the media guy and secondary mapper for a mod called Fabulae Occupationis. For my Media Studies at A Level I have decided to make it my project also. Hence, I would like some feedback for the teaser trailer posted.

All I want you to do is watch through it and answer the questions below, the more answers I get and the more detailed the answers, the better. You should watch it without doing any prior research into the mod.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsldBEqiqGA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsldBEqiqGA</a>

1. What emotions were evoked (if any) during this teaser and at which parts?

2. What genre do you believe the game ot be from watching the teaser?

3. What did you like and dislike about the teaser?

4. Did the teaser make your interested in the game, and if so, why? If not, give your reasons also.

Participation in this is much appreciated.

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Require Input
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »
1. What emotions were evoked (if any) during this teaser and at which parts? I got emtional on a sad level, the song's so sad. It was ''touching.''

2. What genre do you believe the game to be from watching the teaser? Not sure if understanding, but I get the thought of apocalypse...

It was fine, I can't really say anything bad about it. It's a little mysterious which would attract players.

4. Did the teaser make you interested in the game, and if so, why? If not, give your reasons also. Well, , it looks mysterious, so I would definitely try it out if I got the opportunity.

WHATS SONG NAME? I heard it before so many times, I just can't remember it now... DAMN...

@good job, looks good :)

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 12:05:06 PM »
The song is "Time" by Hans Zimmer.

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 12:38:44 PM »
The song is "Time" by Hans Zimmer.
Oh yes, I heard that song many times, thanks much sir!  :P

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 01:07:09 PM »
Confusion, definitely. It's kind of got an eerie feel up until the part where it shows the name thinger. Then it got kind of exciting and even more creepy.

2. What genre do you believe the game ot be from watching the teaser?
It could be either an action-y FPS or one of those creepy exploration games like that one mod, Letters to... oh, what was the name. Ethyl, Evelyn? Anyway, yeah.

I like the effects used on the end half of the video, personally. Don't like that giant blob of intense light when the camera turns toward the window, though. Feels super unnatural.

4. Did the teaser make your interested in the game, and if so, why? If not, give your reasons also.
Kinda, kinda not. The video would be the very last thing I'd look at before downloading it, depending on if the game had passed my other (secret) criteria such as well explained story with good (non-generic) plot, multiple positive reviews, and small/fast download (will not download ANYTHING close to 1 gig, no matter how impressive the story / reviews are, lol).
So, yeah, this video wouldn't be a main deciding factor for me. But, if I were already interested in the story and such, this video would definitely hype me up.

Edit: Just looked it up, thanks to Ducky for the idea that I should've had but didn't, lol. The teaser definitely makes a ton more sense after you've read up on the plot, lol.
Also, I just want to let you know that I am in love with the story and I want to play this game now. Excuse me as I go have an excited attack.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:21:03 PM by The Butt Inspector »

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 01:10:02 PM »
Not many. It just seemed really mysterious.

2. What genre do you believe the game to be from watching the teaser?
Survival horror, actually. That, or a puzzle game. It sort of reminded me of silent hill, but only a little.

It made me want to look it up and see what it was about. I liked the slow pace, and after looking up the game, the pace seemed even better.

I looked into the game because the trailer didn't give enough info, which is perfect for a trailer. I will certainly be watching out for this.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal