Author Topic: PK Appeal (To much hilarity..)  (Read 4843 times)

Offline RapidJuice

• View Profile
    • Awards
PK Appeal (To much hilarity..)
« on: April 01, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
Steam Name: RapidJuice
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16941386
Character Name: Stephen Kane
Admin who issued PK: UU.COTA-STORM.AW.44942, I don't know, he's Overwatch. It masks it.
Reason for Un-PK: I've played here for a long time, never have I demanded for someone's character to be permanantly killed, nor have I ever killed a player's character intentionally, or wished for someone's character to be PK'd. So it was a surprise to me, to come back after 14 or so minutes of studying and playing Batman Arkham City, not even noticing my Garry's mod was still running on my minimised screen. I heard around 10 beeps from the computer, so I came back to see people messaging me to get back in and stop being AFK suddenly, for some reason, so I did. Here's what I  saw when I came back from it.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559812102237172881/28DD73C38AC1C15DC5552AE7017480EF619A20A4/
This is a picture of five, six or so Overwatch soldiers who have, while I was AFK, which I stated earlier in the logs, snuck into the bar and aimed their guns at me.
Out of Character for OOC:
Stephen Kane: afk

So, I'm known amongst Civil Protection to be kind of understanding when it comes to Universal Union affairs, I don't get in their way, I support them, for the most part. So, it's April fools day, they're all surrounding me saying "Lol" etcetera talking about "scaring me", so I play along mostly, even though I'm scared WITLESS.
[LOOC] UU.COTA-STORM.AW.44942: then when he comes back scare him
[LOOC] UU.COTA-THETA.OWR.23988: Lol
So I tell them, just continue, I'm outside the Nexus, it's a holiday, they've been waiting for this, so why not? Aslong as, through common human decency, they don't actually kill my character, all is well, they've had their fun, I've let them play along, saying stuff like;
[LOOC] Stephen Kane: xD, nice job guys ;3

So, when I saw
UU.COTA-STORM.AW.44942 permanently killed the character 'Stephen Kane'.
I kind of went like "Woah woah hold on".
I came back from being AFK, literally I needed to stop the AFK timer from kicking me from the server, my Garry's mod was minimised. I hadn't been talking in OOC, like I usually am to tell players the link to the website or whatever help they need, so on their part they knew I was AFK, or could assume. So, after 14-15 minutes I can only assume of them crowding around me, I eventually come back. I could have just let the AFK timer run out, but I didn't since I didn't think it'd be a perma-kill.

Tl;Dr
- They didn't /me or roleplay their shots.
- They didn't /me or roleplay coming in or spotting me, only random radio codes.
- It seems like this is some kind of grudge thing, even though I don't even kill CPs or anything.
- I've played on this server for months, this is my favourite character.
- Common human decency would let me get away without a PK, I've asked around.
- It's April Fool's day, I got bombarded with jokes and tricks earlier, so I thought they were OOC to begin with.
- They all spoke in LOOC as if it was a joke.
- I wouldn't have been there ICly, my character never hangs around the bar, ever. I only use it go AFK because it's dark.
- I would never force a perma-kill on any characters, I would only say NLR. Not even to someone I hated.
- This is the only character I have interest in on the server, I have literally no reason to play otherwise.

HL2RP Status

Stephen 'Kane' - ANTI-CITIZEN 1 - Alive.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: PK Appeal (To much hilarity..)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:11:34 PM »
Like I said on Steam, I'm all for redoing this. I understand that it could easily be misunderstood as a joke, so I do not see why not. You know my other opinions from our chat.

So you sort of have my support, I suppose. I don't know how much it counts, but I was involved.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:44:46 AM »
You were offered the chance to fight back. Alex said we would head back to the canals and you could go wherever, and then we would sweep for you, giving you a fighting chance. However you insisted we just shoot you there.

Right now my opinion is neutral on this matter.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:28:31 AM »
Spoiler for lotsa quotes ok:
You were offered the chance to fight back. Alex said we would head back to the canals and you could go wherever, and then we would sweep for you, giving you a fighting chance. However you insisted we just shoot you there.

Right now my opinion is neutral on this matter.

This. We gave you a chance to fight back and redo it all sicne you were AFK but you decided not to and litterally just told us to kill you.

- They didn't /me or roleplay their shots.
- They didn't /me or roleplay coming in or spotting me, only random radio codes.

I have to agree on the lack of /mes aswell, iirc i was the onoly one who did a /me when you were killed, everyone else just held down M1 and pointed at you. We did ICly spot you, and again, i thikn i was the only one who /radio'd it in. 

Will come around to that
- I've played on this server for months, this is my favourite character.

That dosnt change any of our decisioning, if you screw up, you will face the consequences.

- It's April Fool's day, I got bombarded with jokes and tricks earlier, so I thought they were OOC to begin with.

When you came back we told you that we were IC. You dont really have an excuse here or anything, as you were well informed

They all spoke in LOOC as if it was a joke.

Agree that it could be confusing, but as stated above, we DID inform you that we were IC when you came back. It was just random LOOC chatter waiting for you to come back.

- I wouldn't have been there ICly, my character never hangs around the bar, ever. I only use it go AFK because it's dark.

You leave the server if you know you're going AFK.

- I would never force a perma-kill on any characters, I would only say NLR. Not even to someone I hated.

Its the thing of the server. If you die RPly and not in an event, you're likely to get PKed. Cant really explain why though.

- This is the only character I have interest in on the server, I have literally no reason to play otherwise.

Yes, and you broke enough IC laws so the overwatch was called in to kill you. If you only wanted to play on that char and so, it was pretty stupid do to all that stuff to start with.

Now, the reasons you were killed AND PKed:

Your constant abusing of the request ICly ( /request hi )

Your constant loitering around the D6 Tunnel, then running when you were spotted.

Possession of weapons

Basically, the thing you did was to constantly taunt CPs and then running into OOC safety when you were spotted.

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 02:39:02 PM »
I was there, I saw him killed with NO RP whatsoever. My character was also killed, with no RP again. I fully offer my +Support for this un-PK. I also think it is unfair that my char got away with NLR, while Stephen was PKed, despite the fact that we died from the same people, at the same location, at the same time, and under more-or-less the same conditions.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:40:38 PM by EliteOps12 »
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 03:44:04 PM »
You ran into the line of fire, a bad idea. There is a difference between a mere citizen and a high value target, too. We've been hunting him for a couple of weeks.

Offline RapidJuice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 02:43:18 PM »
Trivium, the only reason that I let them do as they pleased without resistance is because I thought there would be no PK involved, I wasn't clear on the rules.

If I got the un-PK, I'd be really grateful, let them retry the raid on me if they wanted to. I've stated my points, I've spoken to loads of people including admin staff about it and most of them agree or have no opinion and I just hope that's enough.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:47:55 PM by RapidJuice »
HL2RP Status

Stephen 'Kane' - ANTI-CITIZEN 1 - Alive.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »
We need roflwaffles auth to deploy overwatch again i guess, so when we get that, i'll unPK you and we can redo the event with PROPER RP.

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »
A side note to this. Actually detain him this time so he can be PK'd, he was killed in the bar, a non-Pk zone. If and when it is redone actually detain him so we can get info from him.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 07:57:53 AM »
A side note to this. Actually detain him this time so he can be PK'd, he was killed in the bar, a non-Pk zone. If and when it is redone actually detain him so we can get info from him.

a non-pk zone

what. PK's shouldn't be restricted to zones.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »

a non-pk zone

what. PK's shouldn't be restricted to zones.

There isn't. Any RPed death is a PK unless both parties agree for it to not be a PK. The Nexus/RDT/Trainstation Checkpoint just happens to be an auto-PK zone.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 01:05:06 AM »
Can I get some solid opinions from the people involved with the appeal so that a final verdict can be reached? Thanks.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 08:11:44 AM »
Can I get some solid opinions from the people involved with the appeal so that a final verdict can be reached? Thanks.

We re-do the RP when we get roflwaffles auth for OTA in city

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 05:40:52 AM »
KillmePlz can sort out the OTA deployment authorisation in order for the RP to be redone.

Appeal is accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal