Author Topic: Whiney Wannabes  (Read 8948 times)

Offline Creepy Toaster in the Corner

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Whiney Wannabes
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:15:29 PM »
Has anyone else noticed the annoying people coming up to resistance establishment and saying "I demand to become part of the resistance"? The other day my character fell off a pipe and got injured. I was taken to a citizen hosipital and they had to baricade the door because of the retards wanting to "Become part of the Resistance". I was loling part of the time because they stood there a good 30 minutes  at the locked door wanting in. There needs to be a rule about this because its REEEEEEEEEEALLy annoying. :o

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Whiney Wannabes
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »
Whenever a citizen runs up to me and asks "hey can I join the Resistance" I just give them the same reply: "You're already part of the Resistance, my friend."

Then if they decide to ask where they can get a gun or a vest following my reply, it's quite clear they aren't in it for the united cause.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 10:46:09 PM »
There's not a huge problem with someone having a character that's new in town and is interested in finding the Resistance. Its a form of RP that's perfectly legit and normal and can often come with some really good passive RP experiences. The problem comes when people want to join the Resistance for the sake of gaining weapons, special clothing (vests), and pretty much anything that makes them stand out from the crowd, as OzJackal basically said. In this case, it sounds like more people trying to find their way into something as sloppily as possible.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:55:45 AM »
~
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:42:04 PM by Cow ??¦? ???°??? ???? ???°???¤ »
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 02:16:51 AM »
When I played Len, I often left my sniper in my iventory cause I constantly got "/me examines sniper." "Woah nice gun where can I get one?" "Can you give me some ammo?" "You got any spare guns?"

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »
When I played Len, I often left my sniper in my iventory cause I constantly got "/me examines sniper." "Woah nice gun where can I get one?" "Can you give me some ammo?" "You got any spare guns?"

Read my post above, I had the same problems.

Offline Jimmy Rustling Day

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 03:46:55 AM »
It makes me rage. There is no group called "resistance". It's a mishmash of groups resisting the combine.
HL2RP Characters:
CITY
Alex 'Jack' Pond: STATUS: Deceased.
C45.CCA.NOVA-03.212 (Mark Facri) : Training in his new division. STATUS: Active.
OUTLANDS
Harold Slokum: Coping with the death of a friend. STATUS: Alive.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 03:56:56 AM »
Honestly, I think this Resistance RP in the city needs to come to an almost-complete hault. I mean, we're talking about citizens running around with shotguns, in the city. If the combine are so powerful, why are they letting these people running around with shotguns and SMG's full of ammo? All they would have to do is sweep a few times with OTA and you pretty much fixed that problem, but they can't seem to do that.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Cux

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 05:29:35 AM »
Honestly, I think this Resistance RP in the city needs to come to an almost-complete hault. I mean, we're talking about citizens running around with shotguns, in the city. If the combine are so powerful, why are they letting these people running around with shotguns and SMG's full of ammo? All they would have to do is sweep a few times with OTA and you pretty much fixed that problem, but they can't seem to do that.

Pshh, they even let us citizens have no man's land (District 6), where we can wander around freely from any Combine rule.
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in  their home."
-Kenneth Olsen, President and Founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, in 1977

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, U.S. Commissioner of Patents, in 1899

Offline Dragon Dildo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 06:55:53 AM »
It's disappointing, really, everytime I get my character mixed into some resistance stuff, they always bring up "business" as the No. 1 thing. And guess what the business is, yep, that's right, killing CPs and getting their guns.
HL2RP Characters
Jim Boyle - Obeying the Combine in City
Marcus Nicholson - Getting used to City
Heikki Savolainen - Relaxing in D6.
Cliff Westburgh - Hunting rats in D6.
Chandler Hetfield (Outlands) - Trying to find his bearings.
Joey Geller (Outlands) - Sitting in the clinic with his left leg broken.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 07:37:49 AM »
Resistance RP needs to be a lot more secretive, not like open rooms dedicated to the resistance, but hushed whispers in apartments and perhaps the odd holstered 9mm, not walking around showing your guns off just because sweeps are so damn hard to get authorized. Be realistic.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 01:09:52 PM »
My opinion on this, as a unit, is that these groups, with shotguns and SMGs running around everywhere, flourish in D6 because we never do sweeps anymore. The citizens even come out on top of the D6 wall, wave their guns around and scream, then run back into the tunnel knowing that we cannot follow. We need some sweeps if not only to show that we are still the dominant power in the city, because at the minute, it just looks like were sharing half the city with the lulrebels, vortigaunts, and even the unofficial resistance groups are starting to roam D6 with weapons and vests out. I suggest at least one sweep every day at the very minimum. We have the manpower, we have the time, we just don't have the authorization.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:11:38 PM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Dragon Dildo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 01:27:03 PM »
We must weed out the lolrebels to make way for the actual rebels. Agreed, there should be way more D6 sweeps.
HL2RP Characters
Jim Boyle - Obeying the Combine in City
Marcus Nicholson - Getting used to City
Heikki Savolainen - Relaxing in D6.
Cliff Westburgh - Hunting rats in D6.
Chandler Hetfield (Outlands) - Trying to find his bearings.
Joey Geller (Outlands) - Sitting in the clinic with his left leg broken.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 03:49:23 PM »
~
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:42:59 PM by Cow ??¦? ???°??? ???? ???°???¤ »

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
My opinion on this, as a unit, is that these groups, with shotguns and SMGs running around everywhere, flourish in D6 because we never do sweeps anymore. The citizens even come out on top of the D6 wall, wave their guns around and scream, then run back into the tunnel knowing that we cannot follow. We need some sweeps if not only to show that we are still the dominant power in the city, because at the minute, it just looks like were sharing half the city with the lulrebels, vortigaunts, and even the unofficial resistance groups are starting to roam D6 with weapons and vests out. I suggest at least one sweep every day at the very minimum. We have the manpower, we have the time, we just don't have the authorization.

I love you for this suggestion and I +SUPPORT it. Many times when I get on my unit, the Plaza is empty. Why is this? Its because everyone has figured out they can also have guns and a life of danger in D6, where the CCA can't ever go (except maybe once every 6 months on average). People would rather go get their guns and walk around like a bad ass in D6 than actually spend time doing passive RP under the harsh rule of the CCA where everyone is literally scared shitless to even mention the word, "Resistance" out loud.

I'm going to give my honest opinion on what I think about no one being able to authorize sweeps but Rofl or Raiden. I'm not saying it matters, I'm not trying to force it on anyone, I'm simply stating what I think, which doesn't actually change, or mean anything. Rofl get's on the HL2RP server maybe 30 minutes a week to play a SYNTH unit, and that's about all anyone hears from him. Raiden, I've only ever seen get on the HL2RP server twice. From what I understand, Raiden lives in the Oceania time zone, so that would explain why I've never seen him on, but because they're never hardly on, no one has easy access to get a sweep authorized. Awhile back, a lot of people complained about the frequent D6 sweeps. In my opinion, they were being whiny bitches because they'd finally get their hands on a pistol or something, and then D6 would get sweeped and they'd lose it. Then they'd come on the forums and post about how mad they were that sweeps were happening weekly. Due to this backlash, it was made that Rofl and Raiden were the only ones who could authorize sweeps, knowing they would probably only authorize 1 out of every 30 requests, if even that. I can't count the number of times a D6 sweep would have created some really good RP for both the CCA, and the citizens in D6 but couldn't happen because Rofl or Raiden never answer anyone over Steam, or just say no to the sweep because they didn't want to hear about the bitching from the citizens who would have died because they decided to shoot at the CCA units.

As Riemer said, there's no fear in the citizens. No one is afraid to say the word, "Resistance" out in the open, and they shouldn't be. The CCA only has control over the Plaza, and partial control over D2. Lolwebuls literally run D6, and the CCA can't do a damn thing about it because Rofl and Raiden don't want to deal with people complaining anymore. The server is setup so that players can't do anything about people doing whatever the hell they want in D6. Just as Riemer said, citizens can get on top of the D6 HAP, wave automatic weapons in the air, fire off shots, hell even fire off shots at units if they want. They could throw 500 grenades in the damn plaza if they wanted to, just as long as they're able to sprint back to the D6 tunnel before a unit can catch them or shoot them, and the CCA can't do a single thing about it. The way things are now, lolwebuls could attack the Plaza anytime they wanted and just run back to the D6 tunnel to reload and regroup, then attack again, then run back, ect. Nothing could be done about it and they know it. That's why people go straight to D6 all the time and the Plaza stays empty 60-70% of the time.

I played on a server for a few days before I found Catalyst and the citizens there literally wouldn't even mention the word Resistance outside, or be seen talking to anyone who asked about it. Someone reported a citizen and I for talking about resistance forces in a very quiet location and we were both beaten unconscious on the spot, drug to a cell, left inside for awhile, and when we woke up, we we're beaten unconscious again and drug out and throw into a pile of trash. We got lucky that was all that happened to us. After that, I knew why no one ever went against the Combine on that server, or even breathed the word Resistance. I was literally scared of being caught snooping around about it. Eventually, we had some really good RP in which units pursued me and a group of citizens into the slums area of the map and found us and pretty much executed us all right there.

I just think too much is left in the hands of administration here at CG. Sure, some players are irresponsible and shouldn't be making big decisions such as when to sweep D6. At the same time, there are plenty of players who ARE responsible and capable of knowing when to authorize and how to handle a D6 sweep. I just think it was made that Rofl and Raiden could only auth sweeps because they never planned to authorize them anyway. That way, it makes it look like there's a chance you could get a sweep authorized, but in reality, Rofl and Raiden are pretty much always going to say no. We got to do 1 D6 sweep about two-three months ago to find a Vortigaunt. That was the best RP experience I've had in my history of HL2RP. What's so bad about allowing even just the admins and ops that play on the HL2RP server? Are they not responsible enough to know when its okay to authorize a sweep? You have to be a pretty damn good RPer and make a name for yourself to even get the chance of being thought of as a possible admin or server op, how much better and more responsible do you need to be to know when its not such a bad idea to sweep D6? Why can't some system be thought of and approved where you need at least 2 DvL's or a CmD+ to authorize a sweep of D6? Its ridiculous that the SeC is supposed to have command over the entire sector, yet he's technically not allowed to keep control of D6. The SeC is basically the Darth Vader of the CCA, he can kill an OfC if he wants without a second thought or hesitation, but he can't authorize a sweep of D6? Bullshit, complete and utter bullshit.

D6 sweeps create really good RP for both units and the citizens who walk around with guns in D6. Something needs to be thought of so they can authorized more realistically. What makes HL2RP fun is the concept of trying to survive under such a harsh government rule. Currently, no one is afraid of the CCA really. D6 sweeps would change that.

+Support for a new authorization system for D6 sweeps, and more frequent D6 sweeps.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal