Author Topic: video card  (Read 5906 times)

Offline Albert

• GTA V
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
video card
« on: November 19, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
Whats a good video card under 120 dollars can i please have suggestions

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: video card
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:28:08 PM »
I present to you, the Nvidia GTX 650. Tried and true good card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130827
ok

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 09:36:35 PM »
What's your current processor? The GTX 650 would be a good choice for a cheap GPU, however if your processor is really old/bad it may bottleneck.

Offline Albert

• GTA V
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 10:01:27 PM »
i dont know what my processor is. Is there a program to check it and if there is can you give me a link

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »
i dont know what my processor is. Is there a program to check it and if there is can you give me a link
Go to start -> Run -> and search for dxdiag (If you're on Windows 7, just search for dxdiag). Under the "System" tab it'll display "Processor: YOUR PROCESSOR"

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 10:15:07 PM »

Start>Right click "My Computer">Properties
Listed next to "Processor"

My way is faster than Wake's, yo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 11:32:41 AM »
Go for msi cards. They're solid. And the Twin Frozrll coolers are efficient so if you can, go msi.

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 11:53:20 AM »
Save a little longer for a GTX 660, the GTX 650 is good in all but the major flaw which nearly caught me off was this;

NO SLI support, I was about to buy two GTX 650's to luckily find out that they didn't have SLI connectors. I then saved a little longer and bought two GTX 660's, they have served me well for 2 years now running everything I throw at it max without a sweat.

So, if you want to make your PC upgrade ready, save a little more and get a GTX 660.

Sadly, I will be handing these cards to my father soon as Star Citizen seems like it might just beat my streak of playing everything maxed out. Next stop : Gtx 770 SLI!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:55:07 AM by Stevob21 »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 12:27:48 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/MSI-OC-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-R7790-1GD5/dp/B00BY3LCUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385054795&sr=8-1&keywords=7790

that is all, if you save up a bit more you can get a 7850 which is really nice too, no point going for an overpriced nvidia card at the budget you listed when you can get an amd card with better performance at similar price

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 04:26:31 PM »
The AMD card might be slightly better but it can consume up to 50% more power than Nvidia's and pump out far more heat.

You pay the premium on nvidia for better efficiency and heat reduction.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »
The AMD card might be slightly better but it can consume up to 50% more power than Nvidia's and pump out far more heat.

You pay the premium on nvidia for better efficiency and heat reduction.

pretty sure it doesnt lol i have my GPU overclocked and it doesnt really pump out a load of heat

amd still worth it over overpriced nvidia cards

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 08:06:15 PM »
From personal and work experience I suggest a NVIDIA card for the driver support. Now for the budget I really suggest saving up until you can get a 660 ti or 760 as for the 50-80$ more it boost performance quite a bit but if you have an old system just save up for a new one! =)
I slay demon and demonic accessories.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »
It all comes down to what you're going to want to do with it. AMD uses a lot more power consumption, but this is better if you plan on overclocking. If you want to just plug it in and get epic performance, go with Nvidia. If you want to overclock, go with AMD.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal