Author Topic: Windows 8 or windows 7?  (Read 5881 times)

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Windows 8 or windows 7?
« on: December 09, 2012, 11:33:11 PM »
im getting a pc for christmas and im woundering what i should get windows 7 or 8 for gaming
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Windows 8 or windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »
No way you should be getting Windows XP. That would just be completely stupid if your main focus is "gaming".

Then its between Windows 7 and Windows 8. I would personally say go for 7. I've not tried 8, but from what i've seen and heard, it seems more like some family come together shit, and i don't think a lot of games support Windows 8 yet.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »
Why would you get Windows XP...?

Windows 7, no doubt. Haven't tried Windows 8, but it looks more "Old-Style", mostly designed for the Tablets. Like Crap-Head said, if you are focusing on Gaming, get Windows 7.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »
Windows 8 has better performance than Windows 7 and retarded people don't seem to understand that you can easily get off the tablet desktop with a click and it'll take you to the familiar Windows 7 looking desktop.

Get Windows 8 if you have the money, better performance for gaming.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Windows 8 or windows 7?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
Windows 8 has better performance than Windows 7 and retarded people don't seem to understand that you can easily get off the tablet desktop with a click and it'll take you to the familiar Windows 7 looking desktop.

Get Windows 8 if you have the money, better performance for gaming.
Windows 8 is actually cheaper base than 7.

I'd do 8 cause I've gotten used to it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 05:09:33 PM »
I have windows 8 and it's alright. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the fact that you have to connect everything with Windows 8 if you want to unlock some of the other features.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 12:22:37 PM »
Windows 7 definitely.

Windows XP is still a great operating system, but it's old, outdated, and not that great for gaming anymore.

Windows 8 shouldn't even be called what it is since it's so damned different from pretty much every windows OS ever made (windows 95 and up), learning how to use it would just be a pain in the ass.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 01:38:41 PM »

Windows 8 shouldn't even be called what it is since it's so damned different from pretty much every windows OS ever made (windows 95 and up), learning how to use it would just be a pain in the ass.

It's actually not that different from windows 7, they really didn't change a lot but added more to it. The only thing that I noticed as a sort of 'drastic' change was that the start bar was replaced with a start menu. It's also really easy to use, it only took me a day to pick up.

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 04:48:13 AM »

It's actually not that different from windows 7, they really didn't change a lot but added more to it. The only thing that I noticed as a sort of 'drastic' change was that the start bar was replaced with a start menu. It's also really easy to use, it only took me a day to pick up.
im probs going to get windows 8 because people ay my house have it also. Does windows 8 work with BF3 and all those games too
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 07:23:54 AM »
The problem with windows 8 is that it's a walled garden limiting support of programs.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Windows 8 or windows 7?
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »
The problem with windows 8 is that it's a walled garden limiting support of programs.
I disagree

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 02:58:39 PM »

That's the things though, they added a bunch of useless stuff that I won't ever use and then removed stuff that I use every day.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal