Author Topic: Sooo.... What the hell?  (Read 6351 times)

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sooo.... What the hell?
« on: August 23, 2011, 10:17:09 PM »
As a lot of people know, on the eastern coast of America, lies the Delmarva Peninsula, which is in the center, or near the center of the "Ring of Fire".  The "Ring of Fire" is a tectonic plate.  Because of this fact, the Delmarva area doesn't ever get hit by quakes.  Well, today, the D.C. area was hit by a 5.8 Magnitude earthquake.  I felt it about 100 or so miles out.  Anyone else?  Oh, btw, it knocked the Steam serves in that area offline... So, if I were to, oh, idunno, join OCRP, my admin rank and other things would not load.   Wtf Earth...

Offline Dordan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sooo.... What the hell?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:20:13 PM »
That's good right?

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »
That's good right?

It threw me out of my bed today, which by the way, is like a bunk bed, but the bottom bunk is actually a desk, AND, my house almost fell.  No, its horrible, and add on top of that the fact that WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE THEM. [/rant]

Offline Dordan

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:50:50 PM »
It threw you out of your bed?  :o You said you felt it not got thrown by it.

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:58:51 PM »
It threw you out of your bed?  :o You said you felt it not got thrown by it.

That constitutes feeling it....

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 12:40:43 AM »
I felt it since I'm 30 miles from DC, I was sleeping at the time and it woke my ass up.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:24:46 AM »
Well, I am happy that I live in Czech Republic. Its next to Germany. No earthquakes.

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 04:58:08 AM »
As a lot of people know, on the eastern coast of America, lies the Delmarva Peninsula, which is in the center, or near the center of the "Ring of Fire".  The "Ring of Fire" is a tectonic plate.  Because of this fact, the Delmarva area doesn't ever get hit by quakes.  Well, today, the D.C. area was hit by a 5.8 Magnitude earthquake.  I felt it about 100 or so miles out.  Anyone else?  Oh, btw, it knocked the Steam serves in that area offline... So, if I were to, oh, idunno, join OCRP, my admin rank and other things would not load.   Wtf Earth...

Ring of fire is the Pacific Tectonic Plate, not the Atlantic. The reason it was so weird on the Eastern Coast of America is because there IS no plate there to shift. It's actually square in the middle of one (North American Plate, I believe) but yeah... enough of me being a Nazi.

I didn't feel it here in Georgia, but it pissed my dogs off somethin' fierce....

you ban me for such bad reason u just cant understand the level of depth i roleplay on i am just far better roleplayer than u lol play half life 2 and then come back 2 this server plz
*sigh*
chunkeymonkey79: please get the entire CG community and uproot Saoul and RTLK
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »
I live in Michigan, about 600 miles away from D.C, and my sister felt it in an 18 story building. She got sick of course, but I didn't feel it at ground level.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 12:25:29 PM »
Well, I am happy that I live in Czech Republic. Its next to Germany. No earthquakes.
There aren't any earthquakes in Europe or in this case very small magnitude earthquakes over there.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »
i kinda felt it here in New York. It kinda made me dizzy, and my glass of pop was shaking. (i was at the mall) then some group of kids where flipping out because someone hear that there was an earth quack there. somehow, that turned into everyone calling there homes because they thought it happened here.
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline Snapster

• VIP
  • Awards [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 06:39:13 AM »
I don't get why everyone was so scared on a tiny little shaking, get over it! xD I live on the West coast, so they are common here, glad we only get earthquakes unlike the rest of the united states that get everything else haha.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 07:33:12 AM »
Minute earthquakes can happen where there isn't a fault line.
what

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 09:53:42 AM »
I felt it in Maryland. Scary shit; even though the shaking wasn't bad, we almost never get earthquakes and it caught me by surprise.

@snapster: The reason it bothered so many people is that it was so unlikely to happen. Most people where I live have no freaking clue what to do.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:57:03 AM by Burning Bullet »

Offline JACK SPARROW

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 05:22:11 PM »
I was in northern MD when it happened, small world right Bullet? anyways it took a couple seconds to register in my head until I dove for the nearest doorway.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal