Author Topic: Screen recording software  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Screen recording software
« on: July 10, 2012, 11:34:28 AM »
Hello there :)
I am looking for some sort of screen recording application. I have already tried Fraps at it's full version, however, due to certain problems I need to launch Steam as administrator and even if I run Fraps in same way, it simply doesn't hook on Garry's mod and refuses to record anything. It doesn't even create the video file in the specified folder.
So I need some alternative, found it good idea to ask you all here.

1) I want it to have ability to choose FPS amount it takes. My wooden computer needs to have recording FPS regulated or I won't be able to play.

2) If possible, I want also ability to choose output format (avi/mp4/whatever).

3) No trademark or any sort of overlay visible on output video in full version (i will buy it, if you know what I mean).

Thank you :)

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Screen recording software
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 01:02:58 PM »
I use fraps, then convert the files with Windows Movie Maker, simple enough. Dunno why it wont hook though, try running Fraps as an admin too?

Offline Obez

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »
Not to make you seem like you don't know what you're doing, but do you have a 32 or 64 bit computer? My friend had this issue and just didn't get the right one. Make sure you have whatever your computer is running. Personally, I use Fraps, then Sony Vegas 9 to edit. Also, do what blackfur said and run everything as an administrator.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
I have ran both Steam and Fraps as administrator, pretty obvious it won't let touch each other else.
Not sure about bit version of Steam, as yes, I got x64 bit version of Windows 7. I will try getting the correct one and will write again. Thank you for your input so far.

Offline NykezTV

• HUGME
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 02:23:44 PM »
For steam recording just type Record <Name> in console than use fraps to record the playback. But other than that just use Fraps (Full)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal