Author Topic: Steven 'Candyman' Rhodes's PK appeal  (Read 6506 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Steven 'Candyman' Rhodes's PK appeal
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »
My verdict hasn't really changed since the last thread. I'm not going to support a permakill which had the character identified via a description which wasn't even knowledge to the Combine - something which has been confirmed by several High Command figures.

There is not a single piece of information in the GRID forums which suggests scanners can identify people from their body proportions, only facial recognition:

I also have confirmation from the GRID DvL (who I imagine controls and conducts maintenance on the scanners and thus would have technical-level knowledge of what they can and can't do) that scanners are unable to identify citizens via body proportions:

If we start identifying people via a description and magically matching them to body proportions, I want every person who doesn't turn up to ration distribution labelled as an anticitizen under the suspicion of them finding and consuming illegal/alternate food sources. Then I want to you watch the server and playerbase decay and realize that these kind of circumstances are just plain wrong for the grounds of a PK.

+support
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:07:33 PM by OzJackal »

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »
My verdict hasn't really changed since the last thread. I'm not going to support a permakill which had the character identified via a description which wasn't even knowledge to the Combine - something which has been confirmed by several High Command figures.

There is not a single piece of information in the GRID forums which suggests scanners can identify people from their body proportions, only facial recognition:

If we start identifying people via a description and magically matching them to body proportions, I want every person who doesn't turn up to ration distribution labelled as an anticitizen under the suspicion of them finding and consuming illegal/alternate food sources. Then I want to you watch the server and playerbase decay and realize that these kind of circumstances are just plain wrong for the grounds of a PK.

+support

I agree with Oz.
SCN units wouldn't be able to recognize a citizen, by their certain movements / body description.
Perhaps, we do have pictures of them or not, who knows.
IF we only had the fingerprints, I don't see how the SCN unit would know, that would be "Candyman."
If we've had the correct description of him, then it could had been possible, but that would be near the person, not 10-15 feets above the person.
I've seen SCN units, use the alt button, to follow people. When they've seen their names, they just fly off, not taking any photos or anything, which annoys me.
SCN units, should ONLY be able to recognize a person, by his face.
AKA; Facial, eye color, hair color, how long is the hair, how does the nose look like, and so on.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
I have no idea where the fuck fingerprints came from in either this or the previous appeal.

The scanner took pictures of the persons FACES. Fingerprints were NEVER involved.

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »
Did you RP taking pictures of the faces or did you just lolflash

And it doesn't matter if you took pictures of the fingerprints or not, if you're telling me all I need is a single picture of their face to ID them, that's still way more than what we're currently used to in regards to IDing anti-civvies
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:52:40 PM by Orangesplaywith »

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »
Accepted. After reading through the points of both threads, I find this the proper verdict.

(and before anyone goes "BUT WTF, KMP IS ONLY A BA HE CANT DO THIS", any BA can accept and deny character appeals.)
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal