Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Clark Pridmoore's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Clark Pridmoore's Civil Authority Application
« on: April 04, 2012, 09:23:30 PM »
Clark Pridmoore's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: LL_Phoenix

IC Character Name: Clark Pridmoore

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
    My character would like to join the Combine Civil Authority because he finds many criminals wandering around plotting late at night (I'm usually on late at night) when not a lot of Civil Protection are around, he feels that he can stop those criminals that are on late at night and keep the peace in the community when it gets out of hand. Since Clark is a loyalist he believes that the Combine help people and he also wants to help. He has seen resistance uprisings against the Combine and wondered for a while why anyone would want to join the resistance, because all they do is come in and destroy what the Combine has put up to help. Clark has always observed the Combine, watching how they react to situations, and he saw that they were a tight group that operates with precision and also wanted to be a part of that.

Clark is also joining for the benefits, and the different look upon everything. He is tired of being a civilian and wants to join the terror force and make sure that no more criminals roam the streets of City 45. He saw how civilians would obey what the Combine would tell them to do. He wants to join a group of people that also have the same interest in helping the community, but with force. Although when the Combine come knocking and he is innocent and always wants to help, the Combine still give him a hard time, but he knows that its needed. If you step your guard down anything can happen, Clark wants to help with that and be a strict unit that won't let anything get passed him, without any of his superiors approval, and won't let anyone get by just because he knows them.

Clark reports any crime that he sees, and he sees a lot of crime happening and thinks to himself. Why go on my request device and sit there and be helpless until a Unit or two arrive when I can just take care of it myself? (Of course I wouldn't handle it myself until I was high enough rank to do so.) Some people think that being a part of the CCA would be kind of boring, just standing there or patrolling around. But that it what I actually want to do. I want to stand guard somewhere or patrol around or watch rations and keep the Plaza safe. Clark knows that if he becomes a Unit he can help his society more. But also so he can live a better life, upholding the current laws and rules put in place by the Combine.

Also on a secondary note. I have been seeing a lot more minges around at a later time when I play and I can't really do anything other then complain. I would be very helpful as a Unit because I can stop those minges late at night and hopefully people would understand that when a Unit means business to a minge that people would just stop minging in general.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Loyal: Clark doesn't turn his back on anyone. Trustworthy: You can trust Clark with things you can't talk to others about. (Unless its something bad about the CCA). Good Listener: Clark will always hear what you have to say. Reliable: When you ask Clark to get something done, he will get it done. Fast Learner: Clark learns things fairly quicker then others. Smart: Clark has the ability to make decisions quickly and they will be effective.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
    I am expecting a tough job that will require a lot of responsibility and activeness in the community. It will open up new ways of RP to me and my character, and I hope that it will be a great experience. I know that sometimes it will be boring and sometimes it will get hard, but I am ready to approach being part of the Combine Civil Authority. It also seems like a really fun thing to do.

I am on every single day I can be on and hope to be a good aspect to the force. I wouldn't annoy anyone and I would be constantly learning about new things about how the Combine operate and how everything works out and how to handle every situation possible. Just being a member of a tight knit group of people would be a totally new experience for me and I would really enjoy it. Although I would have to learn everything I am prepared to take on this responsibility and have a great time doing it. Clark wants to join the force unquestionably because he wants to live differently and uphold the laws that have been put for the community. Clark knows that the resistance is growing and he can't help much by just using his request device; he believes the only actual way he can help is to be a part of the force that are the peacekeepers rather then the force that is just a bunch of criminals thinking they are doing something for the right cause.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
    Clark was born in 1987, in California, June 16th. Clark never really had a chance to meet his parents because the day he was born he was put up for adoption by his parents and he never got to meet them. He eventually just decided to leave the orphanage because no one had gotten him for a while and he thought no one would ever adopt him. So he lived on the street a while and went to school. Clark was always kind of like a teachers pet, doing what he was told and didn't really complain about it. A lot of the time he was made fun of and didn't have a lot of friends in school because he would always tell on people. While in class he would always get bullied and never really learned to trust anyone. But there was one girl that he knew, her name was Ryley Figueroa and he met her in middle school. Clark really liked Ryley but never had the time to ask her out or anything even though he wanted to. He didn't have the time because he was always studying or doing something school related since in his future life he wanted to be a computer technician. When the portal storms started and the Combine started to pour through, Clark was on the street sleeping. He had witnessed a lot of people dieing but didn't think too much of it. He ended up being captured by the Combine and sent to City 18 where he had lived a lot of the time as a loyalist, praising the CCA for getting Rebels off the street and such. When he didn't have anything to do he would go around and clean the street and just ask around for anything he can help with. Since school Clark never really had a chance to meet Ryley and was afraid of her fate, that the portal storms had taken her life. But one day, while he was sweeping the streets of City 18, he had seen her. Ryley had happened to be moved to the same City as Clark. Clark walked over to her and they talked for a few and Ryley had went on her way. Clark watched where she would go after she was done talking to him. She had been walking into the district where all the Resistance members would go. Clark had continued to watch her, to make sure that wasn't just a one time occurence for her. Clark had eventually confronted Ryley about her going to that district. Ryley had then told Clark that she was in a Resistance group and that she hated the Combine and wanted them all dead. Clark hadn't talked to Ryley after that event for about a month or two, but one day Clark had decided to confront Ryley about it again.

C- Clark R-Ryley CP-Civil Protection Unit

*Clark sees Ryley sitting on a bench in the Plaza and walks over to her*

C-"Hey Ryley, are you still in that stupid Resistance group?"

R-"Yea Clark I am, I still don't understand why you hate the Resistance, the Combine caused the Human race a massive amount of casualties!"

C-"Yea that may be Ryley, but you are a criminal and you deserved to be punished."

R-"Still Clark, the Combine came onto Earth and just decided to take it over with no mercy! The whole world was fine and everything would have been fine without them!"

C-"No, Earth's nations were having problems, all the stuff going on around the world like rebellions, uprisings and everything. Governments were toppling down and you know it. If there was anything like the Resistance before the Combine came along it would just look like a group of gangsters coming over and trying to destroy society. Even if the Resistance takes over, do they even have a plan for anything? Do they honestly think that they can take over the Combine and establish a new government just like that? *Clark snaps his finger* The Combine came in and helped stabilize the community and got rid of people that could have affected that process. Why shouldn't I just pull out my Request device right now and get you put in for being against the Combine and being in the Resistance? I could have you killed right now."

R-"Clark you don't understand."

C-"You know what? I am going to request a Unit over here right now and you will be killed."

*Clark then requests that a Unit come to the Plaza because he has found an Anti-Citizen*

CP-"Is this her?"

C-"Yes sir, this is the Anti-Citizen, she is in the Resistance, she told me personally that she is in the Resistance."

CP-"Citizen, face the wall"

*The CP searches Ryley and finds a .357 Magnum and a bomb she was going to use to destroy the City 18 Nexus*

CP-"Level one contraband, come with me citizen."

*Ryley walks away with her hands tied behind her back and as she follows the CP she looks back and says*

R-"You bastard...."

*Clark sits back and nods his head.*

C-"You were the one with the bomb Ryley... You were the one with the bomb..."

*Clark then returns to his apartment*

After that day Clark has begun to not trust others that well unless he really gets to know them.

Clark, was eventually moved to City 45. He never really liked City 18 because there were always riots and such. So when Clark had been moved to City 45 he had promised himself that he would be come a greater loyalist then he was before and give no mercy to criminals and resistance.

Since then Clark has helped the Combine more then ever, at one point he locked an Anti-Civilian into his room so the Combine could catch him and this is how the event happened.

A-Anti-Civilian C-Clark CP-Civil Protection Unit

*The Anti-Civilian rushes into the UCH looking troubled. Clark comes out of his room and looks at the man.*

C-"Hey, whats wrong? Why do you look so scared?"

A-"I- I- I need a place to hide or something. Sw- Switch clothes with me!"

C-"I don't think I can do that sir. But I can let you use my apartment for hiding if you are running from the combine."

*Clark gestures towards the room next to him which was UCH:A2, The Anti-Civilian rushes inside*

*Clark locks the door while the Anti-Civilian is inside and laughs, he then puts his mouth up to the door and says.*

C-"You just sit tight in there."

*At this point the Combine have locked down the building and Clark rushes out to tell them that he has found the man they were searching for.*

*Clark and two Units proceed down the hallway to his room in which clark unlocks the door. The Anti-Civilian looks rather angered. He then snarls at Clark in rage as the Combine tie him down and search him.*

*The man gets pulled away by the Combine*

Clark had never felt more achieved that day. Knowing that he had helped the Combine catch a criminal by actually helping instead of just using his request device.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I have not had a CCA character on the Catalyst Gaming server.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
I played on WoW RP servers for about 2 years seriously and 2 years total from other RP servers such as PerpRP and other HL2 RP servers.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
2 and a half years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I found it in 2011 and I played it for about 5 months and then I stopped playing it for a while because my computer was bad but now I got my better computer so I am playing on it more often again.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Western Pacific Time

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America

6. How old are you?
Sixteen

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
    My most memorable quality experience of RP was when I was on the CG server and some Combine were having trouble with some Anti-Civilian one of the Anti-Civilians came into the UCH while the Combine were locking it down. He said he needed help hiding from the Combine so I offered him my room to hide in. After that I chuckled and walked out of the room and locked him in until the Combine arrived and then I opened my door and let the Combine have their way with him. (Being a loyalist is so awesome)

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes I consider myself a very good listener. But if I forget something somehow, I don't hesitate to ask questions when I can.

IC Section

Full Name: Clark Pridmoore
CID: 40568
Height: 6.4 ft
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 159 Lbs
Mental Distinctions: Smart, Fast Acting
Mental Defects: I get mad at careless people fairly quickly.
Mental Advantages: Can make split second decisions with what is at hand.
Notable Qualities: Very Loyal, Wants to help, I do what I am told, Wont hesitate to turn a criminal in, tend to finish what I start.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have not been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before and plan not to.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
It is all that I eat.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am willing to give my life to the cause of the Universal Union. Whatever it takes, I will help the cause as much as I can.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I accept all actions that I perform or of those under my command as my OWN responsibility and I will never blame them on someone other then myself.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as I live, and more if possible.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the Combine Civil Authority because I feel that I need to help in the fight against the Resistance and do what is right for the community and the people around me.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Clark Pridmoore hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Edit: Added a comma to..... Clark has always observed the Combine watching.
Edit2: Increased the size of my backstory and Question 1 And Question 3.
Edit3: Added Detail to question 2, Clarks backstory, and also indented paragraphs.
Edit4: Just touching up on all my stuff. Adding commas and what not.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:59:48 PM by DJ Purple - Fuck »
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Clark Pridmoore's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 01:09:22 AM »
UNIT: 604
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Clark Pridmoore>
Citizen Identification Number: 40568

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <CCA.C45.VICE-OfC.604>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING]Clark Pridmoore's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 08:50:07 PM »
I was accepted. Unit 701
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal