Author Topic: This isn't fair.  (Read 5206 times)

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This isn't fair.
« on: August 11, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »
For some reason I was denied on my CP app. Now the man above me wasn't. So I would like to compare our APPs.

Total word count:
Me:1532
Him: 1856

Yes that is bigger then mine but let me continue.

Question 1 word count:
Me: 416
Him: 394

Also for the 300 min words thing I had 305 words. RTLK why was this denied?

I also completed the yes or no answers with full sentences and not just yes/no.

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: This isn't fair.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »
For some reason I was denied on my CP app. Now the man above me wasn't. So I would like to compare our APPs.

Total word count:
Me:1532
Him: 1856

Yes that is bigger then mine but let me continue.

Question 1 word count:
Me: 416
Him: 394

Also for the 300 min words thing I had 305 words. RTLK why was this denied?

I also completed the yes or no answers with full sentences and not just yes/no.

I doubt it's so much the length, but the substance. You had a lot of filler situations that didn't exactly entail the whole thing.

you ban me for such bad reason u just cant understand the level of depth i roleplay on i am just far better roleplayer than u lol play half life 2 and then come back 2 this server plz
*sigh*
chunkeymonkey79: please get the entire CG community and uproot Saoul and RTLK
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 02:33:30 PM »
I was denied for answers to short.

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 02:50:37 PM »
Probably because some of the "paragraphs" were 2 sentences.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »
Nope, they we're all over 4 sentences.

First para: 8 sentences
Second: 8
Third: 16.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:56:22 PM by Gray Fox »

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 02:57:19 PM »
I excpect to be keeping the safety of many citizens lives and respecting the authoraty given to me and my character.  I also assume that there will be a lot expected of me at first, and I am completely fine with that.

Doesn't look like 4 sentences to me.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 02:58:47 PM »
Samuel Shiffer grew up with parents of crime. It wasn't everyday he would come to a breakfast table with some sort of drug on his table. He found no hope in life and gave up for a long period of time. Sam's parents we're brutal, forcing him to fetch items around the house and the neighbourhood. Before Sam hit eight years old, his parents we're caught in a drug raid. He was then brought to a orphanage. His parents we're then put in jail. He never saw them again. Sam thought that this was a good thing, and it was. For him.
Once sam hit the age of 17 he left the orphanage for law school. He wanted to become a lawyer.

He grew strong in his late teens, hoping to make the world a better place for everyone. In collage he grew stronger. His life was at it's best, high on life he would say. Everyone in the world he knew would agree that this infact was his muse, this meant a lot for him. In law school for three years he met with another person. This person became his brother he never had. Sam and his new found friend Moe, agreed once out of law school they would start a lawyer franchise. But a two years into law school Moe was killed in a gang drive-by. Sam swore he would change the world for Moe.

Out of law school he became a lawyer. Even though he promised Moe that he would change everyone, he felt to week. No franchise just himself. Life became more miserable for Sam. He felt life was like a routine now. One rich white man after the other blaming some criminal of something stupid. Or some company in debt he had to deal with. It wasn't the amazing life he wanted. He then went into depression and no longer a lawyer. When he was in his ripe fourties the seven hour war occured. At first he did not know what was happening. He thought it was some millitary stuff going on to get us out of the world. Then by the time he was safely transfered to City 18. He embraced this powerful movement from the man they call Breen, and his forces that he controls, "The Combine". He thought that this was his calling. He had nothing to lose, but if he did, he would for the Combine. It's not that he seeks vengeance, it's that he wishes to keep his promise.

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 03:01:58 PM »
It lacks a lot of detail from the portal storms, and it's not relevant.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »
Was that why I was denied though? No.

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
Ugh, god damn, just because it was too short DOESN'T MEAN IT'S THE ONLY REASON FOR BEING DENIED.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
But thats the reason I WAS denied. Maybe there are other reasons, but the main reason is SHORT. And it is not SHORT. And if it is not SHORT WTF WAS I DENIED FOR. Sorry for raging, it's that a lot of work came out of that and I feel poorly treated.

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »
10% warning issued.

20. Do not post image macros/reaction pictures in any section except for spam.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:40:54 PM by Fishy »

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?
Once I get accepted I excpect to be dealt with strictly and learn fast. I excpect to have a lot of responsibility put on my characters shoulders. Going around patrolling the streets and looking for any sort of resistance. Going on missions with other units.

I excpect to be keeping the safety of many citizens lives and respecting the authoraty given to me and my character.  I also assume that there will be a lot expected of me at first, and I am completely fine with that.

^ That might be part of the reason. You've turned what should be one sentence into four, to meet the standard "4 SENTENCE = 1 PARAGRAPH" structure. The second part is only 2 sentences, and the first is 2 at most.

You need to put in some effort. CCA isn't just to be given out to everyone. Also, spell check it. It'll make you appear more mature and suitable for the rank, even if you are not (No, I'm not calling you immature).

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »
Well, I guess I have to wait 3 weeks, a day before school starts.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »
My app might get denied.. I have a good feeling about it..

I'm not trying to make to make it long though, I'm trying to make a good application that reflects how brain washed my character is.. I also try to put my RP exsperiences in it. This is to RTLK or whomever handles apps these days, reconsider if you believe it's to short, I put work into it to put as much as my characters personallity in it. I put as much of my character's soul into it.. It wasnt meant to be OMFG WALL OF TEXT but meant to be a reall application were you can feel as though a real person, not me, wrote it. Whom seems to be actually from HL2.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal