Author Topic: John Bourne's Diary - Entry I  (Read 863 times)

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
John Bourne's Diary - Entry I
« on: August 31, 2011, 01:44:55 PM »
Well, it's been a good few weeks now that I've been a worker. And I find that it's been an experience. Feels like my first day was only yesterday, feeling emotions of excitement and nervousness. I was promoted thanks to others not living up to their potential, I finally feel as though I'm getting somewhere in this world. The tea is delicious, the customers are nice, and the Union is beginning to treat me better. Well, the majority are. Today, I was at a stall handing out free gum, and a unit came over and knocked my tea over, telling me to move along. I felt distraught with anger, but I kept my cool and left the stall. I still don't understand what was his problem, but they know what's best I suppose.

The others have been treating me really well however, I've been handing out free doughnuts to several units. That will please them, and hopefully they will return the favour. The citizens always look up to me, I've been asked several times for work. Each time I've had to give them a duty, whether it's cleaning the walls or sweeping the floors. It keeps them pre-occupied and happy if they get their point. I remember when I was in their position, so clueless of what lay ahead of me. Now that I'm in this position, I feel at a point of responsibility, as if I have been handed a malice of power. So to speak. Obviously the union is still above me, but this seat of power, or accomplishment rather, has given me confidence that the Union is here to help us in every turn.

I haven't seen my organiser in a while, I hope nothing has happened to him. He was the one who promoted me after all. I feel that this is only the beginning, I can see myself as a Tier Commander, sure their only just dreams, but dreams can become reality. I have just got to prove my worth and show them what I'm capable of. I guess I'll leave it for a few weeks to write another entry.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal