Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Jason Young's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1131 times)

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] Jason Young's Civil Authority Application
« on: December 29, 2011, 08:35:13 AM »
Jason Young's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Coble

IC Character Name: Jason Young

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character wants to join the CWU for many reasons. One, he feels like at the moment he is just not doing his all for the Combine, handing in contraband? Ha. He wants to be out on the street catching these rebel scums or Anti-Citizen that make our city a little bit more horrible. He feels that sometime the CCA just can't cope sometimes and he would make a wonderful person for them to join.

One time, Jason, had seen a man looking very suspicious. He couldn't report it to the CCA he had no evidence, nothing to go on, so he followed him. The person was moving towards a lady, he backed off and stayed around a corner observing the situation. However, when it came to the moment he wanted to intervene and help the lady, the man pulled a gun. Terrified, Jason ran around the corner and stayed hidden as he fumbled for his request device, but, it was all for nothing the man had already shot, killed and escaped. Jason felt horrible about the experience and knew, if he had been in the CCA, this wouldn't of happened.

The last thing that made him sure he wanted to be in the CCA was, one day when helping the CCA with moving debris from the RDT, a mortar shell malfunctioned. The shell was fired into the city releasing, headcrabs and then eventually zombies. Jason was scared but the CCA kept their calm rounded everyone up and moved them to the apartments. Jason watched as the CCA opened fire on the abominations and enjoyed every moment of it. He knew that he wanted to protect citizens, just like what the CCA were doing now. Once it was all over he stepped up his effort to get Loyalist points and is last seen filling out an application.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
He likes to keep everybody happy, and will not abandon friends in battle. He has been known to get scared if the odds outweigh him and can make rash decisions because of it. He doesn't like talking back to people unless they have pissed him off. Easily persuadable

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I think Jason is expecting Glory and power, the idealized version of what the CCA is, most likely to be. He hopes after his traumatic past, he will be able to to catch anti-citizens or anyone who maybe breaking the law in anyway. He seems to view the CCA in a sort of fantasy filter, thinking this might be a great adventure as if this is a quest he must undertake. He also hopes that he can show his superiors that he is worthy of the CCA and prove himself in anyway.

For me, I have always like how the CCA handle situation, which is often why I like to go into my Conscript to see the inner workings of the CCA. I think this could be a great roleplay experience for me, and would allow me to expand on my roleplaying ability. I also hope to help with the minges, since for some reason there has been a recent boost in their activity. I also want to see what the CCA is like on the inside and hope to expand my knowledge a little bit more.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Jason Young was never an important man in life, he worked in an officer fixing computers, in Scotland. He had no family to speak of, his friends were small and honestly he could live without them. Tom would always visit him at work but honestly he had no time for him today he just wanted to get work done. After a few days of the same routine, there was something new, the portal storms. While he was walking to work, he came across a recruitment office, he walked inside seeing all the people lined up signing up to fight what looked like an invasion. He got to the front of the queue and was about to write his name when another portal storm hit the building. Jason was unconscious but alive as people rushed into the building to help any survivours, Jason was just able to get out before the building completely collapsed. He made his way shakily to work because he knew of no other thing he could do. When he had arrived at work and had gotten comfortable he heard an explosion. He rushed to the window, and saw men in masks with weird guns shooting civillians. Tom ran over to Jason and informed them they had to leave, the elevator wasn't operational so they had to use the stairs. When they made their way down it was carnage, people were dying in the streets and everywhere there were fights going on. Jason ran down the street with Tom until a stray RPG round into the building next to him caused him to get knocked across the street. Jason regained his composure, looking round for Tom. Tom called out to Jason, Jason saw that Tom was stuck under rubble, Tom asked for help, Jason on the other hand saw the battle moving up the street and didn't want to be caught. He ran. He was panting sweating but there was something else, something new. A Strider had blocked the other end of the street. Jason was terrified as he looked around, but before he could even think, the Strider used it's cannon on the ground near him and Jason was sent flying, with heavy injuries he was captured by the Combine and soon the earth had fallen.

Jason wanted to forget his traumatic past so began to become addicted to breen's reserve trying his best to forget all that had happened to him. He was eventually transferred to City 45 and then it dawned on him. No-one knew him, he could start fresh, be whoever he wanted to be, he stepped off the Razor train and looked at his new city.
"Time to start again."

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
4 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
3 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
3 and a bit weeks

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT +1

5. In what country do you live?
UK

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Well, actually to be fair the first time coming onto the CG server. It was quite new to me as this was setup quite differently than the last servers I had been to. I quickly became an Anti-Citizen and got into a fight with the CCA, I was hoping I would be able to take on one, however soon enough more and more CCA officers just kept on coming. I knew I was screwed so stopped, where I was promptly beaten and thrown into the Nexus. When the officer came into my cell I tried to defend myself but it was all for not. I was amputated as I screamed out to world, unloved, and no-one would give a damn. It was a very powerful moment for me and yet in terms of adventure is quite small. I don't know why that scenario sticks in my mind, it might of been because the officers I role played with were just fantastic and made the experience awesome.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Jason Young
CID: 92455
Height: 6ft 2
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 170
Mental Distinctions: Observant, On alert.
Mental Defects: Has a bit of memory loss due to the collapse of the uilding.
Mental Advantages: Is a natural with technology
Notable Qualities: Knows his place and likes to keep it that way.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, never.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I am Loyalist, I want to make this world a better place. I have done much in my time as a citizen, but it can not go on. If I want t reach my true potential of capturing anti-citizens and stopping crime effectively, I must become part of the CCA. I hope you accept my application and look forward to working with you.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Jason Young hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:43:54 PM by The Butt Inspector »

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jason Young's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:26:32 AM »
UNIT:113
DIVISION:UNIFORM
CLEARANCE:HIGH COMMAND
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Jason Young
Citizen Identification Number: 92455

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| Recruit 371 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.113
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:42:03 PM by Kiwieemass1405 »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal