Author Topic: Assaulting Units  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Swoots

• pounding horse pussy since 1847
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Assaulting Units
« on: February 09, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »
This is mostly a rant, although it could also be a suggestion - to put a stop to it somehow.
Lately, it has become very noticeable that people are taking advantage of low rank units (recruits, 04, 03's) due to their lack of experience and knowledge as well as physical properties. Sure, this is okay but the problem is that people are overdoing it. I can say as a fact that per day at least two units are jumped by citizens.
It would be okay if the roleplay was at least well executed but the thing is that the citizens can barely type properly, and their /me's are very basic and not in-depth. Now, I understand that this may be due to them being new players but it ruins my whole day to see units being jumped by malnourished citizens.

Rant over, I guess

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Assaulting Units
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 07:01:32 PM »
Thing that makes me pissed off about a lot of threads like this (not that I'm saying your idea personally was bad) is that it is an IC issue, and should be dealt with ICly. Lower-ranked units should patrol in twos or something. This is an IC problem, and to do something OOCly to stop it would be mixing IC with OOC. I've seen this in a lot of threads and I've seen a lot of admins mixing IC with OOC to fix IC problems which pisses me off.
game over

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »
In my opinion, people jumping lower ranked units is metagaming. Citizens aren't supposed to have one single bit of knowledge of the CCA and how it works or their ranks or anything. The way its supposed to be, is that a citizen doesn't know the difference between an OfC and an 04. They should ICly know nothing about a unit, other than not to disobey them or face death, a beating, detainment, or all of those.

I was jumped myself yesterday by three citizens while there were only 3 units on. Myself, 275, and a recruit. I was the only one patrolling, as I believe 275 was training the recruit. There weren't but a few citizens on, so SD were being met. I think what people are doing is using their OOC knowledge that an 03 or 04 isn't ICly as capable as an 02+ and then singling those units out and jumping them, knowing that if that unit RP's correctly, they won't be able to handle the citizens.

You never see an 02+ get jumped. There has to be a reason for it, and I'm calling metagaming. People are learning the ranks OOCly, or on their own unit, and getting on a citizen, and using that knowledge to single out and jump 04's. Like Swoots said, if it was actually being RP'd out correctly, it wouldn't as big of a problem. Today, an 04 was lured to a shop and jumped by 4 people. It gave us a cool RP situation, but the problem was that a few of the attackers were doing things like acting like superman while wounded and malnourished. One was shot in the arm, one was stabbed, another was bashed in the face with a shotgun by an 01, which was Swoots himself. One actually tried to escape, which is reasonable. The other two still went on to attack while wounded by stab wounds and blunt force trauma wounds to the face. That, along with being malnourished to begin with, are enough to bring down any citizen, but not these citizens. The one bashed in the face decides to wrestle the 01 and even "bring him down." The one who was stabbed decides to "Pull a hidden blade and charge another unit." Along with this, one of the citizens attacking the unit does a /me of "/me tries to kill cop." That one was a real quote, word for word.

When I was jumped, one citizen did a powergame /me of "/me puches the cp in the stomach, making him puke in his facemask." I had to LOOCly call the citizen down for powergaming, in which that /me was voided. Its getting pretty aggravating that citizens keep trying to jump these 03's and 04's. We don't let recruits patrol alone for this reason, but I think its only fair for 04's and 03's to act a little more like superman if they're going to get jumped on a near daily basis, rather than for the CCA to change their patrol policies. If 04's were required to patrol in groups of 2 or more, then let's say 5 citizens are on, 3 units are on, and one unit is an 04, one is an 01, and one is a recruit. The 01 is training the recruit, and the 04 is patrolling. ICly, the citizens wouldn't know how many units are available to respond from the Nexus, so checking the scoreboard to see that only 3 units are on is metagaming if they decide to jump the 04 because of lack of units on. I think people are doing things like this in attempts to get units weapons and equipment just to have guns.

Like I said, if you can properly RP as a citizen and not act like superman when ICly you're malnourished, then feel free to create a good, fun RP situation where you attack a unit. If you can't, then don't bother please.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »
In my opinion, people jumping lower ranked units is metagaming. Citizens aren't supposed to have one single bit of knowledge of the CCA and how it works or their ranks or anything. The way its supposed to be, is that a citizen doesn't know the difference between an OfC and an 04. They should ICly know nothing about a unit, other than not to disobey them or face death, a beating, detainment, or all of those.

I was jumped myself yesterday by three citizens while there were only 3 units on. Myself, 275, and a recruit. I was the only one patrolling, as I believe 275 was training the recruit. There weren't but a few citizens on, so SD were being met. I think what people are doing is using their OOC knowledge that an 03 or 04 isn't ICly as capable as an 02+ and then singling those units out and jumping them, knowing that if that unit RP's correctly, they won't be able to handle the citizens.

You never see an 02+ get jumped. There has to be a reason for it, and I'm calling metagaming. People are learning the ranks OOCly, or on their own unit, and getting on a citizen, and using that knowledge to single out and jump 04's. Like Swoots said, if it was actually being RP'd out correctly, it wouldn't as big of a problem. Today, an 04 was lured to a shop and jumped by 4 people. It gave us a cool RP situation, but the problem was that a few of the attackers were doing things like acting like superman while wounded and malnourished. One was shot in the arm, one was stabbed, another was bashed in the face with a shotgun by an 01, which was Swoots himself. One actually tried to escape, which is reasonable. The other two still went on to attack while wounded by stab wounds and blunt force trauma wounds to the face. That, along with being malnourished to begin with, are enough to bring down any citizen, but not these citizens. The one bashed in the face decides to wrestle the 01 and even "bring him down." The one who was stabbed decides to "Pull a hidden blade and charge another unit." Along with this, one of the citizens attacking the unit does a /me of "/me tries to kill cop." That one was a real quote, word for word.

When I was jumped, one citizen did a powergame /me of "/me puches the cp in the stomach, making him puke in his facemask." I had to LOOCly call the citizen down for powergaming, in which that /me was voided. Its getting pretty aggravating that citizens keep trying to jump these 03's and 04's. We don't let recruits patrol alone for this reason, but I think its only fair for 04's and 03's to act a little more like superman if they're going to get jumped on a near daily basis, rather than for the CCA to change their patrol policies. If 04's were required to patrol in groups of 2 or more, then let's say 5 citizens are on, 3 units are on, and one unit is an 04, one is an 01, and one is a recruit. The 01 is training the recruit, and the 04 is patrolling. ICly, the citizens wouldn't know how many units are available to respond from the Nexus, so checking the scoreboard to see that only 3 units are on is metagaming if they decide to jump the 04 because of lack of units on. I think people are doing things like this in attempts to get units weapons and equipment just to have guns.

Like I said, if you can properly RP as a citizen and not act like superman when ICly you're malnourished, then feel free to create a good, fun RP situation where you attack a unit. If you can't, then don't bother please.

Yet, this can not be proven as metagaming because they can say, "I was going for the person in the normal uniform, not the one in the trench coat because I know they are higher powered ICly." That, and the fact they can just say they attacked a unit that was off-guard, is why they can get away for it.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Turkey

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 12:23:30 AM »
'Ello, unit 863 here. I was the 04 who got assaulted and luckily I saved a condump.

[Black skin: Blue jump...] says "help officer"
[Black skin: Blue jump...] says "go"
C45.CCA.NOVA-04.863 says "<:: Show me.-"
Psycho | STEAM_0:1:6725791 has disconnected from the server.
** [Male, Medium build, b...] punch cop
** [White male, clean sha...] attempts to punch cop.
** [caucasian male 6ft  b...] attempts to knock cop out !
** [White Male, 145lbs, M...] attepmts to punch cop\
** [Black skin: Blue jum...] attempts to hold the officer down do i?
** [Male, Medium build, b...] attempt to take cop gun
[LOOC] John Sailo: lol
** C45.CCA.NOVA-04.863 is pulled back, a few punches missing.
C45.CCA.NOVA-04.863 radios in "<:: Officer down!  I am 10-99, repeat, I am 10-99!"
C45.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.270 radios in "<:: 863, how many cycles?"
** [Black skin: Blue jump...] attempts to smeck the oficer from behind
** [White male, clean sha...] grab's the officer's pistol.
C45.CCA.NOVA-04.938 radios in "<:: 10-20?!"
** [White Male, 145lbs, M...] attempts to grab his arms
** C45.CCA.NOVA-04.863 is smacked from behind, stumbling forward.
** [Male, Medium build, b...] punch out cop
** C45.CCA.NOVA-04.938 opens the door with his gun raised, ready to fire
C45.CCA.NOVA-04.938 says "<:: Hold it right there!"
[Black skin: Blue jump...] yells "stay back or wee will kill him"
[Male, Medium build, b...] says "WTF!"

and you get it from there.

Offline Swoots

• pounding horse pussy since 1847
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 06:05:22 AM »
'Ello, unit 863 here. I was the 04 who got assaulted and luckily I saved a condump.

[Black skin: Blue jump...] says "help officer"
[Black skin: Blue jump...] says "go"
C45.CCA.NOVA-04.863 says "<:: Show me.-"
Psycho | STEAM_0:1:6725791 has disconnected from the server.
** [Male, Medium build, b...] punch cop
** [White male, clean sha...] attempts to punch cop.
** [caucasian male 6ft  b...] attempts to knock cop out !
** [White Male, 145lbs, M...] attepmts to punch cop\
** [Black skin: Blue jum...] attempts to hold the officer down do i?
** [Male, Medium build, b...] attempt to take cop gun
[LOOC] John Sailo: lol
** C45.CCA.NOVA-04.863 is pulled back, a few punches missing.
C45.CCA.NOVA-04.863 radios in "<:: Officer down!  I am 10-99, repeat, I am 10-99!"
C45.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.270 radios in "<:: 863, how many cycles?"
** [Black skin: Blue jump...] attempts to smeck the oficer from behind
** [White male, clean sha...] grab's the officer's pistol.
C45.CCA.NOVA-04.938 radios in "<:: 10-20?!"
** [White Male, 145lbs, M...] attempts to grab his arms
** C45.CCA.NOVA-04.863 is smacked from behind, stumbling forward.
** [Male, Medium build, b...] punch out cop
** C45.CCA.NOVA-04.938 opens the door with his gun raised, ready to fire
C45.CCA.NOVA-04.938 says "<:: Hold it right there!"
[Black skin: Blue jump...] yells "stay back or wee will kill him"
[Male, Medium build, b...] says "WTF!"

and you get it from there.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about. This happens at least twice a day and as you can see, the people are either new players or minges.

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 06:27:30 AM »
I get it, all you citizens just want guns so you can run around like you're a big shot. But it's going to be harder than that, you're living in a constantly monitored, overpopulated, city where the CCA outnumber the citizens.

I do't condone units constantly playing to win but you have near 1% chance of winning anyway.
This is directed at these citizens........

Edit: just to make it clearc
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:31:26 AM by Pirate Robot »

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 10:21:52 AM »
I'm 938 in this situation by the way.

Another problem I noticed with this, and I didn't see this being as bad before I got there, was that they kept flooding the chat with /me's. So many in fact, that I don't understand how you could possibly react to all of them. If this was properly done, the citizens would have done one /me at a time, properly typed out, and give the unit time to react before the next citizen tries to do his /me. I also came in with my gun raised, and none of them had a weapon out. If they did, why wouldn't they have used it on the unit or on me? So my point is, where was the fearRP? About a second or two after I got there, 01 275 got there behind me and fired his shotgun at them. No fearRP whatsoever.

The same thing happened to me when I got jumped in the UCH park. Only one of the citizens that jumped me seemed to have any idea of how to RP. The other two had no idea what they were doing. There were so many badly done /me's that I couldn't even react to them before they did another set of them.

Another thing people need to realize is that just by typing "/me [/b]attempts[/b] whatever" doesn't mean their character just did it. It means your character attempts it, and the other character involved then does a /me to react to it, saying whether or not the /me was successful or not, within reason of course. Not everything can miss or be unsuccessful, but at the same time, not everything can be successful. We had a talk OOCly with the citizens involved in this because they felt they should have won against 4+ units, two of which were 01's while one was stabbed, and another was bashed in the face with a shotgun by an 01, all while being malnourished and having guns pointed at them by every unit. They seemed to think that their "/me attempts...." were things that actually were successful just because they did the /me.

Like Pirate Robot said, too many citizens just want to get a gun, kill a unit, and tell people, "hai i kild unit n gotz gun /meh shootz evry1 n whinz hafl lif 2 ar pee" Not gonna happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal