Author Topic: Reconnect to HL2RP 3 times before entering?  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Reconnect to HL2RP 3 times before entering?
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:50:52 PM »
Every time I join HL2RP, I connect normally and wait 5 minutes. After that amount of time, it says: (Username) has timed out. I then reconnect again, and when I join, I automatically lose connection to the server ( you know, those little red words in the top right that says auto-disconnecting in _). I then type retry in console to reconnect, and then I get to play the game. Any idea why it does this, and how I can join first try?

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Reconnect to HL2RP 3 times before entering?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 12:36:44 AM »
I'd probably see if your internet connection is functioning properly. Other than that, I vaguely remember having this problem at one point, and had it as a result of a GMOD update. If your internet connection is fine, try verifying the cache files for Garrysmod.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:42:26 AM »
Well I do for one know that my NAT connection is set on moderate, and y Internet provider (Frontier) sucks ass. I will try to verify my files tommarow. Thanks fr the suggestion.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 08:56:59 AM »
Well I do for one know that my NAT connection is set on moderate, and y Internet provider (Frontier) sucks ass. I will try to verify my files tommarow. Thanks fr the suggestion.

lol moderate nat connection

can i see speedtest.net results so i can see if your internet is actually shit or not cause that could be the problem
internet cuts out and cuts in sometimes (well, used to) for me and it reconnected like 4 times so that could be your problem

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:59:30 AM »

lol moderate nat connection

can i see speedtest.net results so i can see if your internet is actually shit or not cause that could be the problem
internet cuts out and cuts in sometimes (well, used to) for me and it reconnected like 4 times so that could be your problem

speed isn't the issue here, you should do a ping test instead to see the jitter/packet loss of your connection, though that's only to some random server. either way it's unlikely that if you have to reconnect EXACTLY 3 times every time then its probably something to do with your router/network card/drivers

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal