Author Topic: Car Despawning.  (Read 1704 times)

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Car Despawning.
« on: May 05, 2013, 06:26:44 PM »
When people pullinto the garage to despawn their vehicles i feel that there should be a 30 second despawn timer to prevent people who drive past red light ect who are being chased by comps instantly despawning their vehicle to remove evidence of their involvement.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Car Despawning.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:13:45 PM »
The other problem we have with the respawn is when the tow truck picks up someone car the respawn there car and its like what's Tue point have towing illegal parked cars

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 12:51:49 AM »
The other problem we have with the respawn is when the tow truck picks up someone car the respawn there car and its like what's Tue point have towing illegal parked cars
  Would be nice if they made it so that the car has to be near the npc to be respawned.  And if you reconnect... or something it kicks you.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 03:45:13 AM »
For stopping the respawning when towed - if in x radius of impound lot, it cannot be respawned. And I agree on a respawn timer.
what

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 04:10:24 AM »
For stopping the respawning when towed - if in x radius of impound lot, it cannot be respawned. And I agree on a respawn timer.

I cant lua so forgive me but is it a Hook? ok

If we can make a hook to know when a car is being towed we can stop a car being respawned whilst being towed, then we can go into what BLT said and put a radius around the car inpound lot disallowing a car to be respawned, if a player tries to respawn their vehicle they can recieve a hint saying

"Your vehicle is currently being towed or is at the impound lot."

Another suggestion would be having a hint read out to the owner of a car saying that their car is being towed and not to respawn it or run the risk of being kicked/banned.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 04:31:58 AM »
Could be one or two ways of doing it but it could be. Its not too complicated that if its within a set coordinates to do what you said so that's a good idea, but with the hints I remember back on OC where if your car got stolen they'd say don't respawn it in OOC and people would still go and do it, so that won't help well.
what

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 06:00:30 PM »
Could be one or two ways of doing it but it could be. Its not too complicated that if its within a set coordinates to do what you said so that's a good idea, but with the hints I remember back on OC where if your car got stolen they'd say don't respawn it in OOC and people would still go and do it, so that won't help well.
  Distance would be best, and no OOC or anything, it just gets taken away, then the gov can inform the person that it has been taken and needs to be paid for inpoundment.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal