Author Topic: Car bombs...  (Read 2645 times)

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Car bombs...
« on: May 03, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »
Ok so a few days ago police sufferd a massive terrorist attack where cop cars all over evocity were being destroyed by car bombs...

My idea is to have a system where car bombs being rigged produce a noise which can be heard by people within a certain radius of the player setting the bomb up, another idea would be to actualy disable car bombs if an officer or person noticed someone setting a car bomb up. This would include SWAT members being able to diffuse car bombs on any vehicle giving SWAT another purpose except for responding to fire fights and protecting the mayor.

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Car bombs...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:48:37 PM »

I agree with the SWAT being able to defuse the bombs, maybe make it so that get a "Defuse Kit" from the police locker and it costs the city money to buy one, and each one can defuse bombs until the SWAT leaves the job. There should be a chance of cutting the wrong wire and blowing it up instantly. The explosion should be smaller and weaker, however. Similar to an explosives size and strength.

I do not agree with it being automatically canceled when a SWAT, police officer, or anyone else sees it as the event should be RP'd and 911 be called. There should be some sore of animation of putting the bomb on a car, I'm sure there is one or an addon for one that can be used. There should also be a sound.

Also car bombs should have a specific rule set for them. At the moment you can use them anywhere, willy-nilly and there is no rule against it. There are rules for Molotov Cocktails but not these bombs? Something needs to be done. Something like:

1. No car bombs in the government areas, or within view of government officials.
2. The car bomb must be RPly placed, not just walk up, place, leave.
3. The car bomb may not interrupt passiveRP
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:58:46 PM by Ligglo the Derpy »

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 04:26:47 AM »
Ok so a few days ago police sufferd a massive terrorist attack where cop cars all over evocity were being destroyed by car bombs...

My idea is to have a system where car bombs being rigged produce a noise which can be heard by people within a certain radius of the player setting the bomb up, another idea would be to actualy disable car bombs if an officer or person noticed someone setting a car bomb up. This would include SWAT members being able to diffuse car bombs on any vehicle giving SWAT another purpose except for responding to fire fights and protecting the mayor.

I think you are on about when the database was down and so people had admin, that was people using some sort of explode command with admin.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 04:57:35 AM »
I think, while you are planting a car bomb there should be a loading bar that last for 10 seconds, during that you can press "y" and type a /me this way theres some time to RP it.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 08:41:58 AM »
I agree with all comments so far, however the animation of planting a car bomb IMO would be too obvious and would require an animation which would consume the dev's time, which is why i only suggested that a sound be added for detection, officers would not know their car has been rigged unless they hear that someone is tinkering with their vehicle, hence they would call for SWAT to defuse a car bomb.

Offline Akise-Kun

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 01:02:25 PM »

I think you are on about when the database was down and so people had admin, that was people using some sort of explode command with admin.

No the police force suffered a massive death count after car bombs would be planted on nearly all cars where police or others were near by, I was at the suburbs sorting out a problem that was cause there and someone parked there car near me and walked off for a mere 30 seconds once he entered his car again everyone in the area died but he survived

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
No the police force suffered a massive death count after car bombs would be planted on nearly all cars where police or others were near by, I was at the suburbs sorting out a problem that was cause there and someone parked there car near me and walked off for a mere 30 seconds once he entered his car again everyone in the area died but he survived
Car Bombs are ~11.5K each.
That's a lot of money someone would waste or a lot of fun for someone that has a lot to waste.

Also, are you implying there was no one around to plant the bomb on suggested vehicle?
Since you stated someone left their vehicle, walked away and then return back to his vehicle and it exploded?

Offline Akise-Kun

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 02:37:58 PM »
Car Bombs are ~11.5K each.
That's a lot of money someone would waste or a lot of fun for someone that has a lot to waste.

Also, are you implying there was no one around to plant the bomb on suggested vehicle?
Since you stated someone left their vehicle, walked away and then return back to his vehicle and it exploded?
There were only 2 people around when I was dealing with the situation and I'm only stating what happened on that day, I am not arguing about who did it.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »
Even still without exploits of admin commands when the server was slightly broken, this is till a worth while feature that could be implemented.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal