Author Topic: Life and Afterlife  (Read 2440 times)

Offline crazily farting teacher

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Life and Afterlife
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:56:19 AM »
 I have looked back on my life. So far I have lost a lot of things. I also acheived many great things so far. But as I look back into my past... I think: What could I have changed? Then I look back at deaceased friends and family. There was this kid I met a long time ago and we were probably the bestest of friends. Then I got interested in video games and such and before you know it, his grandmother died and a few months later he just... left. I also wonder what the afterlife is like. There is this scratching thought in the back of my mind that thinks: in afterlife... everyone still has a chance to go to heaven. I imagine if I could see any of my deceased friends and family up there? I wonder what it will be like when my time comes? I always see the glass half full and I try to take the bad things out of life. Then I reflect on it and how my fate changed. If I could, I would go back in time and attempt to save a lot of peoples lives as I could. I don't know if time travel could affect me because, well I have saved a drowning person before. What is someone never saved him? He would die. There are a lot of choices in life. Some just stay there nagging you in the back of your head. All you can do is just hope for the best and try to see the glass half full. My dream job is being a video game designer or a youtuber or maybe even a musician. Then you look back and you realize they your life is on a ticking time clock and at a random time... you are gone from this world. To be honest with you since I am really a sensitive person when it comes to this when I reflect and begin to see the glass half empty all I can do is sob tears and hope for the best int he afterlife. What is your opinion of Life and After life?

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Life and Afterlife
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 08:01:39 AM »
Well first off you are with out a doubt too young to be worrying about this yet, as am I and unless you have a terminal illness I really don't think many people on this forum really need to be worrying about the life ending quite yet, you have many, many days ahead of you. Still like you I too am interested in the thought of it, but less so worried about it as such. Personally I am without religion and as such I see the afterlife as unrealistic. There is no soul, scientifically your conscience being is simply an illusion of different senses and different 'chemicals' working away in your brain. Once we die our brain stops working and this conscience illusion falls apart.

However its still nice to believe that something MUST happen, even if it seems illogical, to me though it is not heaven. Heaven makes so little sense to me and it is illogical in so many ways. I prefer the belief in reincarnation, it's slightly less ridiculous. Not to mention that the elements of your brain make up who you are, so in theory if some of those elements eventually became apart of a different brain would that conscience belong to you? Or would it just be a new illusion that isn't really controlled by anyone? Who knows.

On the other hand if there is no form of afterlife just hope you live to an old age and have fun I guess. If you are old your standard of life will be much worse then it used to be and so as long as you have no (or little) regrets then death can be seen as a chance of relief, a period of rest where you no longer have to worry about the struggles of life. Or perhaps it will be a real bitch and you will wish you could go back and do it all again, if so I hope that there is some afterlife for you. To be fair it's just something that will happen and you shouldn't try to get worked up about the inevitable.

But once again, you shouldn't get worked up about it because you are still so young and death is still so far away. On the note of missing friends and family, be grateful for what you still have and that you are still in good company of the living. Best not to make good company of the dead, if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:07:50 AM by St Panda King »
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal