Author Topic: PC ideas?  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Tyrion The Anal Explorer

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
PC ideas?
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:39:38 PM »
Gonna build a computer one day. Budget £0-£550
help.... Make a build or somet

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: PC ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:52:11 PM »
More information will be nice.
What are you going to do with your PC?
What kind of Pc is good for you depends on what you are going to do with it.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »
What do you need? Do you need peripherals(Mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc). Operating System? What country are you from?

Offline fergfin

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:11:37 PM »
I did some research for you, as I am also building my own at the moment. I assume you are making to play games like GMod and the like? But now a lot of new equipment has come out, making now the best time to build a budget but good PC. Here is a basic design that I found. Some of the parts could be improved, but they are all good pieces of equipment. http://compreviews.about.com/od/tutorials/a/DIYBudgetGamePC.htm

POSITIVES +

Case is easy to work with
The Intel Ivybridge cores will become very cheap in the coming weeks as the Haswell cores have come out.
Nvidia 600 series have already begun to drop in price due to the new 700 series coming out.
Peripherals are included.
The power supply comes included within the case.

NEGATIVES -

I would suggest upgrading the i3 to an i5
No Bluray (however, you probably won't need one)
No monitor is included, but I will link some suggestions for you)

LINKS TO PEOPLE THAT ARE SMARTER THAN ME

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/forum/showthread.php?15249-Guide-to-PC-Gaming-hardware&highlight=Special

This is a site that is AMAZING, it lets you build a pc, and check out the parts. VERY HELPFUL! http://au.pcpartpicker.com/

I hope this helped, give me a pm or post on here if you can narrow down what exactly you will be using your PC for.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »
I want a gaming pc, with windows 7. Also just the PC so no monitor accessories. Just the computer.
Gonna be used to play Games like Battlefield 3 shooters and sorta demanding games

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline fergfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 09:24:44 PM »
Ok, if I were you I would get an i5 with a Nvidia 650ti or 660. These parts are amazing for their price and perform well on BF3 and looks like it will run well on BF4. The cards can run Crysis 3 well on medium to high settings. It all adds up to be around US$650, but the prices are dropping very quickly, so if I were you, I would wait a few weeks for the prices to get very cheap.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 09:35:33 PM »
Ok, if I were you I would get an i5 with a Nvidia 650ti or 660. These parts are amazing for their price and perform well on BF3 and looks like it will run well on BF4. The cards can run Crysis 3 well on medium to high settings. It all adds up to be around US$650, but the prices are dropping very quickly, so if I were you, I would wait a few weeks for the prices to get very cheap.
Bad idea with his budget. Keep in mind he needs a motherboard, processor, graphics card, hard drive, ram, power supply, and an optical drive. Honestly, an i3 is about all you could afford right now. If you don't want an i3, though it is one of the best low end processors, you can go with AMD. Intel has better quality, though, and an i3 easily outperforms a lot of low end cpus. I'll try and throw together a build soon.

Offline fergfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:47:02 PM »
Bad idea with his budget. Keep in mind he needs a motherboard, processor, graphics card, hard drive, ram, power supply, and an optical drive. Honestly, an i3 is about all you could afford right now. If you don't want an i3, though it is one of the best low end processors, you can go with AMD. Intel has better quality, though, and an i3 easily outperforms a lot of low end cpus. I'll try and throw together a build soon.

Yeah, but keep in mind GPU's such as the 660 have already dropped up to US$ 100.

Also, I may be a little off here, but he is England based, using pounds. But yes, the i3 would be his best bet, and he also doesn't need any peripherals. I still think going with a 650 is his best budget GPU that will play higher-end games.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 11:28:38 AM »
My budget just to remind you...

^^Credit to Dixon xD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal