Author Topic: S2M Rule Clarification  (Read 23018 times)

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2M Rule Clarification
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »
I was right behind you and we were both aiming at my friend. You weren't expecting at all that I would shoot you. You moved a second after I did my /me, and that is why I turned around and shot you.
1. Right behind you.
2. Point blanc.
3. You weren't expecting me to shoot you.
4. Your attention was on my friend.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 10:00:52 PM »
Except you never did any /mes that we could see, so we couldn't react at all. . .
lolwut?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 10:02:54 PM »
First of all, you don't know my character's backstory. For all you know he could have plenty of experience with guns.
You couldn't have experience from before the Seven Hour war without forgetting it.

Uhm, that's incorrect.

And if I had time to do /me's for sweating, they definitely had time to do reaction /me's.

Actually, according to another post (by a HL2RP Super Admin) of which I will not find which is this: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=1636.0 , any experience from before the Seven Hour War  is forgotten.  Example: you may have been a EMT or Doctor before the war, but due to stress, rations, breenwater all that you can remember is how to do CPR but not how you know it.

So say you are a sharpshooter before the war.  Following the same logic, all you would remember is the parts of a gun, or something like that.  Not how to shoot almost perfectly.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:04:26 PM by RTLK »

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 10:04:55 PM »
Firefights are tricky to RP properly and require a lot of OOC coordination.

In my opinion, all participants MUST have CONTROL at ALL times.
That means all "accidental" shots should be voided.
All actions/shots must be roleplayed to the maximum AND shooters must wait for the other players to roleplay a reaction.

Shootouts must be taken painstakingly slowly, they're not just an FPS minigame with a few /me's slapped on.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:08:56 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »
First of all, you don't know my character's backstory. For all you know he could have plenty of experience with guns.
You couldn't have experience from before the Seven Hour war without forgetting it.

Uhm, that's incorrect.

And if I had time to do /me's for sweating, they definitely had time to do reaction /me's.

Actually, according to another post (by a HL2RP Super Admin) of which I will not find which is this: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=1636.0 , any experience from before the Seven Hour War  is forgotten.  Example: you may have been a EMT or Doctor before the war, but due to stress, rations, breenwater all that you can remember is how to do CPR but not how you know it.

So say you are a sharpshooter before the war.  Following the same logic, all you would remember is the parts of a gun, or something like that.  Not how to shoot almost perfectly.

As I said before, I didn't shoot perfectly. I fired 30+ shots, of which many were aimed far from the two. I know how to s2m, I've been RPing for a year and a half on multiple servers and communities.

10:00 PM - s0nicdawg: the resistence has a dug that makes you remember, Toy said it was Omega-256 or something.
10:00 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: at all
10:00 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: but
10:00 PM - s0nicdawg: drug*
10:00 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: the thing is
10:00 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: you dont forget things after the war
10:01 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: thats just not true
10:01 PM - s0nicdawg: The water...
10:01 PM - s0nicdawg: We gave you the drug? right?
10:01 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: yep
10:01 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: you like raped me with it
10:01 PM - s0nicdawg: Well then you remember.

I'm not justifying myself as a sniper in this, I'm just saying, this firefight was won fair and square.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 10:08:25 PM »
I agree with Yankee's post. Toy told me that all of the shots that hit were accidental (something I contest completely), and that accidental shots counted.
lolwut?

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 10:09:11 PM »
I thought the guy was a Dumbass for randomly killing Toy (which I guess you /me killed him) Then I got killed before I could ask what's going on.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 10:10:06 PM »

Uhm, that's incorrect.

As I said before, I didn't shoot perfectly. I fired 30+ shots, of which many were aimed far from the two. I know how to s2m, I've been RPing for a year and a half on multiple servers and communities.

10:00 PM - s0nicdawg: the resistence has a dug that makes you remember, Toy said it was Omega-256 or something.
10:00 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: at all
10:00 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: but
10:00 PM - s0nicdawg: drug*
10:00 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: the thing is
10:00 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: you dont forget things after the war
10:01 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: thats just not true
10:01 PM - s0nicdawg: The water...
10:01 PM - s0nicdawg: We gave you the drug? right?
10:01 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: yep
10:01 PM - Hyper - Take it Back!: you like raped me with it
10:01 PM - s0nicdawg: Well then you remember.

I'm not justifying myself as a sniper in this, I'm just saying, this firefight was won fair and square.

The firefight was not won fair and square. We could have easily won with our SMGs and pistols if we had pretended to S2M, but really go all c0unt3r 5tr1k3 on you, like you did to us.
lolwut?

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »
I thought the guy was a Dumbass for randomly killing Toy (which I guess you /me killed him) Then I got killed before I could ask what's going on.
He did a /me of pumping his shotgun, and then I whispered to him to 'Pop Y-R'. There was a reason, it was not random. And your death was legit for reasons I posted above.
Oh, and of course the reasons for killing him were:
1. He walked into my group and made himself 'Co-Leader'.
2. He rupheed me (Fudo too).
3. He took over my resistance group.
4. We wanted his guns for our new resistance group.
(I know RP isn't about items and weapons, but that is what my character though)
5. I wanted to steal his blackmarket radio and get the frequency so I could purchase things for my resistance.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:15:28 PM by CIS.JoshB ?jonnysnotparis? »
lolwut?

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 10:13:29 PM »
But the thing is, I did not know what was going on. Thats why I did react to anything.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »
You guys gotta understand:
The important thing is not shooting to miss in and of itself. The truly important issue is letting other players respond to your actions.
o7

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 10:14:13 PM »
You had shotguns. Which is why we were hit about twice, as opposed to you two dying. Your weapons are near useless at that range.

As for your claim to us going CSS on you, PROVE IT. You keep saying this, but you give no evidence or reason to believe that it's true.

And in preemptive retaliation to whatever you might say, I'll reiterate. I myself fired 30-40 shots from my pistol. If I was s2k-ing, I would've fired about 5-10.

You're just mad about losing your character. If you didn't want to risk losing it, you shouldn't have risked it by shooting up people who are obviously going to have allies who retaliate.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 10:15:43 PM »
You guys gotta understand:
The important thing is not shooting to miss in and of itself. The truly important issue is letting other players respond to your actions.
I agree with Yankee, you should have atleast let me react or do something.

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 10:16:32 PM »
Also, I like that no one has pointed out that when they died, these two came back and "Operator," whoever the guys is OOCly, almost killed me with no RP.

They argued with me about the firefight, and lied in saying that they had an admin's support to re-do it. I told them to have the admin tell me himself, they ignored me and kept arguing. I went to go get some logs, and as I did so "Operator" got another shotgun somehow and loaded it, and started firing at me with no RP.

If that isn't a rule violation idk what is.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 10:18:02 PM »
1. That is Operator's problem.
2. I said I am getting an admin about your S2King, I do not believe I said that I had his support.
lolwut?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal