Author Topic: Fallout 3 or New Vegas?  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fallout 3 or New Vegas?
« on: August 11, 2012, 04:02:39 PM »
If anyone else out there is a Bethesda Fallout nut (like yours truly) then I'd like to hear your preference; New Vegas or Fallout 3.

From my perspective, Fallout 3 will take the gold. I still love New Vegas, but Fallout 3 got the perfect levels of disturbing, hilarious, and innovative locked down. I liked that in Fallout 3, your choices actually effected those around you (A pretty good example would be nuking Megaton). The plot was great, the music was ironicly kick ass, and the immersion was perfect, at least, in my opinion.

Also, having Liam Nesson demand to know what kind of person you are literal seconds after you're shot from your mother's baby cannon is also pretty great.

So, drop your opinions below.
I'm a fag

Offline MrVolker

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fallout 3 or New Vegas?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »
I love Fallout 3, I'm kind of eh with New Vegas. Like you said, I just felt vastly more immersed when playing Fallout 3, and to put it the best way I can, Fallout 3 just had more "magic" to me. New Vegas felt like I was playing a glorified and glitchy mod.
That's just my personal opinion though.

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:52:36 AM »
I loved the gambling in New vegas as well as Cesar legion and the NCR.  Overall I like new vegas better!

Did you hear Fallout 4 is in production!
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
I love Fallout 3, I'm kind of eh with New Vegas. Like you said, I just felt vastly more immersed when playing Fallout 3, and to put it the best way I can, Fallout 3 just had more "magic" to me. New Vegas felt like I was playing a glorified and glitchy mod.
That's just my personal opinion though.
Well said, Fallout 3 was a really good game and overall felt well made.
New vegas was just a new map and new weapons which were originally Fallout 3 mods, nothing too different and tbh it was pretty bad.

Offline ?Vakarian

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 04:54:58 AM »
I preferred Fallout 3 for a few different reasons, such as the ones you already mentioned.

NewVegas seemed to have a depressing tone to it. It was probably the music that played that did this for me. It didn't seem like the quests were anything special, either. Somehow they seemed empty.

I felt that Fallout 3 was a lot more fun over all. It had a lot of humour in it which I liked. The DLC was also better, the best being Point Lookout. Old World Blues was good in NV, but the world seemed emptier.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »
I have to say this is a hard question to answer.
I've been playing Fallout: New vegas for the last few months or so, and I've been getting really into it, espessially its DLC's. Granted, Dead Money and Honest Hearts were kind of bland, except Honest Hearts had Joshua Graham, but Old World Blues was funny as heck ("WHAT ILLOGIC IS THIS? KEEP YOUR FILTHY, PENIS-TIPPED FEET OUT OF OUR LABS AND SECRETS!"), but was buggy, although it wasn't DLC breaking. Lonesome road was by far my favorite, being that I felt truely alone and hated(Not really in a bad way, but you know). But however, Fallout 3 was my first Fallout, and I always loved the over the top action that came from it, espessially at the end of the main quest line. The DLC's were always really fun to, as random as they seemed to be sometimes.

Overall, for its story, I prefer Fallout: New vegas, just because I can shape the backstory of my Courier, and have his/her actions effect the storyline and what he/she does. But with action, I would defineatly take Fallout 3.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline =[pG]=??¢ Griever

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 12:03:48 PM »
I found New Vegas to just be Fallout 3 on a new map full of bugs. I didn't even complete it, it disappointed me heavily...

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 12:32:48 PM »
Fallout 3 felt... darker. Both literally and figuratively. I was afraid to enter any vaults because I was afraid of what lurked inside. At one point my whole screen turned a bright green, and I saw a figure walking towards me, I scrambled to my PS3 and flipped the power switch in the back off. I like them both, Fallout 3 for the creepiness factor and Fallout NV just because I liked it either way.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline ?Vakarian

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 03:33:01 PM »
But however, Fallout 3 was my first Fallout, and I always loved the over the top action that came from it, espessially at the end of the main quest line. The DLC's were always really fun to, as random as they seemed to be sometimes.

I've noticed that a lot of people prefer the game they played first. Not entirely sure why, but I guess it's because of the newness. After playing one, the other doesn't seem as fresh or new. I think this was also part of the reason I preferred the third.

Offline Gallel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »
I'd have to say I preferred Fallout 3 much more than New Vegas. I enjoyed New Vegas' story line, hell, that's why I bought the game. I'm addicted to the entire story of the fallout universe so I was willing to take the sacrifice of playing through the game. New Vegas wasn't /too/ bad, but it was definitely lacking compared to Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was just much easier for me to become immersed in, and I felt it had much more to do in it than New Vegas.

The DLC for New Vegas made me hate the game completely. I bought Dead Money and never finished it. I became enraged with the game completely and I haven't played it since. I read up on the story line on the wiki but that's about it. Fallout 3's DLC really beat New Vegas' by far.

All in all, I really really liked Fallout 3 and wouldn't mind smashing my copy of New Vegas into tiny, little bits.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
Story-wise and such? Fallout 3. It has a really nice story and you even start in a Vault, plus your father is voiced by Liam Neeson which is a big yes. If it was for some nice gameplay features, has to be New Vegas. I just wish Fallout 3 had some of NV's features like Ironsight Aiming and the reputation system for different locations and gun modding etc.

EDIT: I found FO3's DLCs a bit shitty tbh, they bored the shit out of me fast and I just wanted to stop doing them asap. Never tried New Vegas' DLCs but New Vegas had a bunch of bugs anyway.

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 09:17:18 PM »
I found that Fallout 3 was based more on walking around and shooting shit, whilst New Vegas was a lot more passive and they actually put a decent amount of characters with a backstory and the followers gave you quests, I found Fallout 3 boring at some stages whilst New Vegas never bored me.

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 10:42:39 PM »
I found FO3's DLCs a bit shitty tbh, they bored the shit out of me fast and I just wanted to stop doing them asap.

More or else my feelings as well, and the same can be said for New Vegas' DLCs (Dead Money was really, really bad, and very boring).
I'm a fag

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »
I really love the adventure book quest series with that girl in the first town you meet in fallout 3. Though fallout NV was good as well, but I really think 3 was better in story line and quests.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Mr. Busch

• #Bluesquad
    #2Termz
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
Love them both, Bethesda put a lot of work into both of them. But lets get into this-

Overall fallout 3 is the best of the fallout installments. The mods are far more advanced and you have wider selection of them. It doesn't matter if they armor mods or small expansion packs like the "CUBE" mod(One of the best mods for fallout 3, try it sometime). The story of New Vegas felt kinda... straight forward and otherwise unbearable to get into, Fallout 3 on the other hand had a decent story line that was easy to follow and seemed reasonable. All the DLC's for both games felt "meh" they were "walk here and do this" and all they added were a few new armors/weapons/caps and a small story line that you would of been fine to have gone without. And then comes the bug issue that both games deal with.... constantly but I found the NV bugs quite hilarious. In NV they got the "group" system right and is way better than that of fallout 3's.

Now I'm not saying I don't love and play New Vegas. It is a very good game and I enjoy playing it, I just enjoy fallout 3 a little better. Once the modding community works more on the New Vegas mods and gives out some more decent quality mods New Vegas will soon take fallout 3's place.

(Music on both games are amazing and can't be compared)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal