Author Topic: Lolwebulz!! LOL!  (Read 8568 times)

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lolwebulz!! LOL!
« on: October 17, 2011, 07:55:29 PM »
          It has got to stop. I'm livid due to the ignorance that this community contains. Everyone who attempts rebelRP is instantly labeled as 'lolwebulz', without a chance to show their RP capabilities. This is seriously such a fucking ignorant title, and simply rude. I've seen some of these supposed 'lolwebuls' RP. It's better than that of those of you that are labeling them as this crude title.

Now, some of you may be thinking 'How is this ignorant? I don't get it.'. And to you I say: Do you honestly think the only form of RP that citizens should have is loyalist RP? Certainly not, because that just makes absolutely no sense. There's bound to be rebels, or those who stand against the oppression of the Combine/CCA.

On another note, today I saw someone's justification for calling a group 'lolwebulz' as 'They spread propaganda.' To this I say: It makes complete fucking sense to spread propaganda. Why would they not want to get their name out there? Just because there's propaganda about their group does not mean that they are not secretive.

Speaking of secretive. I was on my unit today, went into the /viewobjectives and saw that the CCA supposedly knows how the Red Union do not speak eachothers' real name. I demand proof, the only explanation I see is Metagaming. I know for a fact that no Red Union persons have been caught, interrogated. Of course this is not an accusation, there could possibly be an IC misunderstanding: units taking in citizens thinking that they are Red Union members.

Now, to wrap this all up: NOT ALL REBEL RP ARE 'LOLWEBULS' And I do not like seeing some of you, with less than average RP skills, labeling it as such.

Sincerely,
      The Krusader
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 07:59:27 PM by The Krusader »

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lolwebulz!! LOL!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
-snip-

Accidentally quoted it.

Offline Don Captain

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »
No, let me wrap this up: YOU DON'T SPREAD PROPAGANDA FUCKING EVERYWHERE PUBLICLY.

You spread it fucking everywhere, even where CPs can see, stop it, seriously. Just because you where allowed to burn down the CWU doesn't mean that your automatically not Lolwebels.

Sincerely
OfC.620.
James Morgan/UNIFORM-OfC.620 - City 18 - Alive
Johnathan Stapeur - City 18 Outer Canals - Alive
Unknown/UU.OTA.REAPER-9.76620 - Outlands - Alive
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: Stick you Spontanious Judgement Device
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: In my QUantum Physics hole

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:01:16 PM »
No, let me wrap this up: YOU DON'T SPREAD PROPAGANDA FUCKING EVERYWHERE PUBLICLY.

You spread it fucking everywhere, even where CPs can see, stop it, seriously. Just because you where allowed to burn down the CWU doesn't mean that your automatically not Lolwebels.

Sincerely
OfC.620.

Okay then, Don. Give me a definition of 'lolwebuls'. Because obviously we do not have the same idea as one another. After that, justify your reason for labeling us as such.

On the other hand, yes. We have a lot of propaganda. But do the CCA even have a hint of where Red Union is? Or who the members are? I think not.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:04:15 PM by The Krusader »

Offline Don Captain

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:05:41 PM »

Sincerely
OfC.620.

Okay then, Don. Give me a definition of 'lolwebuls'. Because obviously we do not have the same idea as one another. After that, justify your reason for labeling us as such.

On the other hand, yes. We have a lot of propaganda. But do the CCA even have a hint of where Red Union is? Or who the members are? I think not.

Lolwebels = People who aren't secretive, people who don't act like actual rebels, that they wouldn't go spreading the word about them everywhere, we've destroyed at least 10 pieces of your propaganda already, it's getting old, fucking stop.
James Morgan/UNIFORM-OfC.620 - City 18 - Alive
Johnathan Stapeur - City 18 Outer Canals - Alive
Unknown/UU.OTA.REAPER-9.76620 - Outlands - Alive
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: Stick you Spontanious Judgement Device
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: In my QUantum Physics hole

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »

Sincerely
OfC.620.

Lolwebels = People who aren't secretive, people who don't act like actual rebels, that they wouldn't go spreading the word about them everywhere, we've destroyed at least 10 pieces of your propaganda already, it's getting old, fucking stop.

This topic isn't dedicated to not calling Red Union 'Lolwebuls', It's about all RebelRP. And what isn't secretive about us? We have not been located, caught, or even identity knowledge.

Offline NRK

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »
If I may say, there's atleast 100 pages of propaganda posted. We certainly keep busy. Also talking about Resistance must be secretive, we aren't so much a resistance, more of a collective with the purpose to create a new Earth, in our own image. We are a radical group of super-reactionaries, touch of terrorism, touch of slaver etc.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:19:39 PM by B Mashina »
God Bless the Greatest Country on Earth

Offline Trees

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
Greetings Executor!

Sincerely
OfC.620.

This topic isn't dedicated to not calling Red Union 'Lolwebuls', It's about all RebelRP. And what isn't secretive about us? We have not been located, caught, or even identity knowledge.

So many quotes, very little space.

Anyways, this interests me greatly as I keep hearing about, "lolwebulz" all the time but I don't think that a common definition of them has been established. What are, "lolwebulz" exactly? You need a common ground to stand on if you want to debate about them, in my opinion.

I agree with Don Captain about spreading propaganda everywhere publicly. Based on what has been stated in this thread, I conclude that no rebels have been caught or at least no information about the Red Union's members has been leaked to the CCA. Even though the rebels have been secretive when they put up their propaganda, they shouldn't simply stick it up where all the CCA is going to see it. Truthfully, the rebels should be a bit scared that a Loyalist or a CCA member will see them and report them.

However, The Krusader makes a valid point that they have not been caught or information about their wherabouts has not been squeezed by captured members. Also, they should not be classified as, "lolwebulz" because they might not be entirely secretive, but they do act like rebels by the simple knowledge that A. they have not been caught and B. that no instance, an actual instance, of being an, "lolwebul" has been posted in this thread.

To speak of other things; we're getting off topic here. This is to discuss, "lolwebulz" not CCA metagaming or how the Red Union advertises itself. I believe that the first step to debating this issue is to establish an, "lolwebulz" moment using an actual instance from the server. Only then can you actually get this spot on, as I say. Either establish what an, "lolwebul" is or establish what real rebels should act like. Then you can see what people do wrong and classify that as being an, "lolwebul."

As to my opinion, and I am not a rebel of any sort nor am I a member of the CCA, an, "lolwebul" is someone who simply believe that rebels are the best of the best and are able to be Gordon Freeman. They display very violent acts in public-an instance I had witnessed involved a black Asian man forcing me to join an organization which opposed the Combine-with no regard to the repercussions of their acts. "Lolwebulz" do not fear RP very well, in my eyes, and do infact see their character as just a save file in a videogame. They do not see characters as actual people who would not want to risk their lives by attacking members of the CCA in public without a set plan. "Lolwebulz" are often not very secretive and are caught easily by members of the CCA. "Lolwebulz" to me are minges for the most part, as rebels would RP well.

That is my two cents on this issue. Please feel free to return it at any time.
-RegiFire
You ask why, I ask why not.

CITIZEN

Johnathan Issac
- ALIVE, attempting to become a member of the CCA. His business is the second-most priority.

Start Mission.

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »
Every character is not alike another. Every character is bound to differentiate from one another.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:59:49 PM by The Krusader »

Offline Fansastick

• IM NOT GAY
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 11:16:20 PM »
When I think of "Lolwebulz" (I dont use that term) I think of the news(maybe minges) who feel like as soon as they join a server they need to start up a resistance and get guns and weapons. I don't really know anything about "Red union" but when I see random citizens who are supposed to be malnourished and a bit afraid of the CCA, walking up to the SeC and throwing a rock at him, it's a bit ridiculous.
Out of Character for OOC:
Flannery Muldoon: This is a christian server. No sexrp, cursing, or being a black character.
[

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 03:58:35 AM »
This is bullshit though. For example, People with vests are called lolwebels too and yet if they have earned that vest then they are probably ten times better a rper than you, So also i have never really seen propaganda apart from in D6 area which is where most rebels hide anyway, If thats the way they want to rp let them. But i agree a bit sometimes people just mingerun and stuff not to be pked, But that is the one persons problem not the whole organisation.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Trees

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 07:17:32 PM »
Greetings Executor!
This is bullshit though. For example, People with vests are called lolwebels too and yet if they have earned that vest then they are probably ten times better a rper than you, So also i have never really seen propaganda apart from in D6 area which is where most rebels hide anyway, If thats the way they want to rp let them. But i agree a bit sometimes people just mingerun and stuff not to be pked, But that is the one persons problem not the whole organisation.

I'll have to disagree. I've seen Red Union propaganda inside the Apartments many a time. Inside the trainstation, I have seen propaganda too.
The only thing that bugs me about it is that they are physics gun frozen into walls so I can't throw them outside or give them to a member of the CCA. Especially when the propaganda is outside my door, it makes me look suspicious if a CCA member were to see that.

But yes, of course some rebels can RP very well and people mistake them for, "lolwebulz" for a number of reasons. None of which I can name, but they have to have a reason don't they?
-RegiFire
You ask why, I ask why not.

CITIZEN

Johnathan Issac
- ALIVE, attempting to become a member of the CCA. His business is the second-most priority.

Start Mission.

Offline Fansastick

• IM NOT GAY
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »

If you know you're not a minge, then don't let it bother you so much.
Out of Character for OOC:
Flannery Muldoon: This is a christian server. No sexrp, cursing, or being a black character.
[

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 09:33:42 PM »
I'm going to say this once and once only. No one should have a vest in the city, no matter who they are, admin or just a general player. Why? Because it breaches all forms of canon, it's retarded beyond all levels of comprehention and simply because no one I've seen RP is deserving of it yet. (Only a selected few administrators, old fags and people I've known from the past are an exception) In plain terms, to obtain a vest you need to kill a civil protection unit and to do so you would alert every god damn unit in the city your location (In which there are over 100+ units ICly in the city at once PATROLING. That is not even a quater of how many units are in the nexus.) if you magically survive that (Power game) you are stuck with a rotting corpse in which you have to lug around an entire city to be able to obtain only parts to make the vest. After that you are required more materials, which I'm not going to discuss on here.

Carrying on with another matter is that people see themselves as "Rebels" when they post shit spawned letters around the entire city about non-sence and most of the time it doesn't have anything to do with anything. And as Don has said, I've seen people posting bull shit in the plaza, also of which is at the front door of the nexus. Now you either have to be clinicly retarded to do so, or you simply have no understanding of IC circumstances. Now I'm sorry if I'm being a bit harsh in what I'm saying but it's true, no matter how skillful you think you are, either A, you are not ready for any form of resistance RP or B, you are obviously misinformed. At my previous communitys, acheiving the postion in resistance required several months of RP on the server and forums before you could even be apart of any organised acitivity they do. And then you are still required to acheive months of RP to gain your vest, in which most do not even get the chance to obtain one. 

If the resistance was ran like this when or if it's formed and wasen't lead by a retard, maybe just maybe it might be sucessful. However the chances of a retard being in charge of it is high, and I coulden't say any different about the members. I've heard several things about previous resistance activitys and all are horribly bad. People seem to for some reason think that there is a rank structure in the resistance, but I don't know where that idea conceaved from. So I can certainlly tell you there is nothing of the sort, the only form of leadership or rank in the resistance is leader figures. In which gain peoples respect from previous experiances etc, thus gaining the ability to somewhat control the doings of the resistance.

(Fucking PS3, I've wrote atleast 10 pages of shit now and it's deleted them every time.... Screw it, I'll do it on the computer when I get on. This rant is not over :D.) 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:08:37 PM by SkeptiK »
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 10:02:57 PM »
I'm going to say this once and once only. No one should have a vest in the city, no matter who they are, admin or just a general player. Why? Because it breaches all forms of canon, it's retarded beyond all levels of comprehention and simply because no one I've seen RP is deserving of it yet. (Only a selected few administrators, old fags and people I've known from the past are an exception) In plain terms, to obtain a vest you need to kill a civil protection unit and to do so you would alert every god damn unit in the city your location (In which there are over 100+ units ICly in the city at once PATROLING. That is not even a quater of how many units are in the nexus.) if you magically survive that (Power game) you are stuck with a rotting corpse in which you have to lug around an entire city to be able to obtain only parts to make the vest. After that you are required more materials, which I'm not going to discuss on here.

Carrying on with another matter is that people see themselves as "Rebels" when they post shit spawned letters around the entire city about non-sence and most of the time it doesn't have anything to do with anything. And as Don has said, I've seen people posting bull shit in the plaza, also of which is at the front door of the nexus. Now you either have to be clinicly retarded to do so, or you simply have no understanding of IC circumstances. Now I'm sorry if I'm being a bit harsh in what I'm saying but it's true, no matter how skillful you think you are, either A, you are not ready for any form of resistance RP or B, you are obviously misinformed. At my previous communitys, acheiving the postion in resistance required several months of RP on the server and forums before you could even be apart of any organised acitivity they do. And then you are still required to acheive months of RP to gain your vest, in which most do not even get the chance to obtain one. 

I don’t see any points in your speech where you said things that weren’t true. However, like all persuasive speeches, you left out the other side’s argument. First off, I see no problem with you saying vests should be near impossible to get, as that is the reality, and vests aren’t necessary for resistance RP. The group I am a member of discussing this issue don’t consider ourselves rebels, but more of a resistance (and if you don’t know the difference then I don’t see a reason to argue with you further). The propaganda we post has a few objectives, first, to set the CCA on edge and maybe undermine them a small amount. Second, gets our name out among the citizens and spreading, hence spreading our influence.  Finally, the propaganda also brings out the people we can’t trust and which citizens (lolalists) will go squeeling to the CCA at the first opportunity to maybe get some lolalist points. Also, your point about the 100+ CCA units, well, there are two ways of viewing things. One way if how you put it, the perceived reality of the situation as it would be IC. The second is who is on at what time to determine that stuff. So, I will argue with you in terms of the first way. While yes, there would be many units, also consider there would be many more citizens in the city. This means that as long as you were careful about spreading the propaganda around officers, you would be safe. Citizens who saw you would be able to report you, but there would be many citizens in the city who fit the description of the slight glimpses they would get at you before you swiftly left. This is not the case for us. We have to be even more careful because anyone who sees us on the server can instantly see our details and accurately report us to a unit at any time, where that unit can hunt us based on our physical description. If we are looking at how it would be IC though, the risk seems, while not minor, bearable if you are careful. Also, please examine these papers for meanings before just saying “I've seen people posting bull shit in the plaza.” I hope that I have defended the points concerning what you said that I believed unjust.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal