Author Topic: Fighting Back  (Read 6661 times)

Offline CSn| Valletta

• View Profile
    • Awards
Fighting Back
« on: August 15, 2013, 04:45:48 PM »
So, I just started playing HRP, and it is cool, but after playing for awhile I realized what is really going on with the muggings. All people use it for is an excuse to RDM, they say you have 10 seconds to drop so much money or die and even if you do drop it, they still kill you. And I know I don't drop money, because I sit there all day fishing, which takes awhile, and I'm not going to give some scumbag money. I do think you should be able to fight back, pull out a gun and kill them, because in real life, I carry a Rock River Arms 1911, and I would shoot someone who pulled out a gun.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fighting Back
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 04:58:34 PM »
So, I just started playing HRP, and it is cool, but after playing for awhile I realized what is really going on with the muggings. All people use it for is an excuse to RDM, they say you have 10 seconds to drop so much money or die and even if you do drop it, they still kill you. And I know I don't drop money, because I sit there all day fishing, which takes awhile, and I'm not going to give some scumbag money. I do think you should be able to fight back, pull out a gun and kill them, because in real life, I carry a Rock River Arms 1911, and I would shoot someone who pulled out a gun.
You must not understand, you can fight back, with RP, but you may not assgun(pull a gun out of your ass without /me...).  And it is fine the way it is... so no.  -support on this thing man.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »
I understand what you're saying.  The first thing I want to do when I turn 21 is to apply for a concealed carry permit.  Still, when someone is 4 feet away and has a gun to your head, there is very little chance that someone who is not highly trained could whip out their concealed carry before the mugger could pull the trigger.  If people actually RPed their muggings, I could see someone pulling out a gun in self defense after stunning the mugger, but the unfortunate truth is that the vast majority of the HRP player base have no idea what RP actually is.  Their best definition of RP is getting rich and becoming the most powerful crime lord in the server who all the noobs grovel before.

In the mean time, you'll have to abide by the rules of the server.  If someone mugs and breaks any of the rules (Mugging in RH outside of "crime time", killing you after successfully mugging you, not giving you time to do anything, etc.), then post a ban request.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:02:31 PM by Hazard Time »

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 08:40:14 PM »
You can fight back with /me's if done properly. It's just sad that whenever someone mugs you they don't use /me pulls weapons from holster etc.. In which you could respond with another /me. What players do is just pull a gun and yell through their mic saying "1k or die!". Hell even I don't usually use /me and I know I should. If we could get some players (including myself) to start using /me maybe it would inspire others to follow, and could make mugging much more than a way of killing someone as you stated earlier.
ok

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 09:16:32 PM »
Back when the admins had to enforce RPed muggings, it became serious torture for everyone involved.  Firstly, nobody knew how to properly RP a mugging, and every time I was called to a fail mugging I had to take several minutes to teach them the correct use of /me.  What made it even more frustrating was that as soon as I left the server, a majority of the people who I taught conveniently "forgot" what I just said.  Secondly, a majority of those who did RP their muggings only did it because they had to; there was no role play at all, they just binded a button to output "/me takes out a gun and tells you to drop 3k or die!" because we were forcing them to.  If their victim had made another /me in response, most of the time they would just power game.  The concept of playing to lose did not hold a single ounce of joy to them; they were in it only to make money, and having to make a /me every time they mugged was just a hoop they had to jump through.

Moral of my rant:  It is impossible to force RP on a server which inherently attracts an immature audience.

Offline CSn| Valletta

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 09:46:35 PM »
No matter what you do, there just noobs. Everytime I get mugged they say drop the money or die in 5 seconds and then they shoot you. Everytime. And if you want to realistic, in real life they don't do that. And even if I report them, there's never an admin on to do anything. And I've had to pull a gun on someone before, I know what it's like. But apparently I can pull out a gun with /me so..
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:58:23 PM by CSn| Black Paws »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Fighting Back
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 02:20:19 AM »
But apparently I can pull out a gun with /me so..
Read again. You can counter a mugging with RP (if your mugger even knows how to RP) by using step by step /mes etc.

So no, you can't simply type /me pulls out a gun. And then pulling out a gun to kill them. That is still breaking fearRP.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline CSn| Valletta

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »
Ah. But most muggers don't do RP right... Going back to what I said earlier they just use it as an excuse to kill you. Which is totally un-realistic.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:05:15 PM by CSn| Black Paws »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 12:41:03 AM »
Ah. But most muggers don't do RP right... Going back to what I said earlier they just use it as an excuse to kill you. Which is totally un-realistic.

And that brings me back to what I said about RP in HRP.  Until such time as people learn some common courtesy, if someone breaks the rules, report them.  If no admin is available, post a ban request with evidence in the form of screenshots or videos.

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 01:45:49 AM »
Yep, Hazard pretty much summed it up. The only way you can fight back is with /me's and at the moment there are very few people who would take the time to respond to you with a /me on HRP. Until somehow players get motivated to Roleplay properly, you just have to follow their order to drop money at their speedy command. It sucks but that's just how it is, and I assume that's how it will be for a while.
ok

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal