Author Topic: Any airsofters?  (Read 6559 times)

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Any airsofters?
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:48:05 AM »
Any of you guys play airsoft?  If your in California be sure to call the govenors officer and say no to sb 1315.  What loadouts do you guys want/use?  Do you name your guns? what is your call sign if you have one?

I am in the process of making a german army loadout

G36c
USP
tropentarn camo
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Any airsofters?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 01:32:47 AM »
Been in the sport for about 2 years now. I first started out like any smart noob with the Aftermath Kraken (AK-47) I bought used off some guy I knew. It was in excellent condition and still runs perfectly fine today. Most reliable gun I have ever used so far though sometimes, it just doesnt cut it. I got it and it was clear for canadian import laws and had black grips similar to this:
Click to see the original size.

Anyway so I didn't like the way it looked so I took a couple cans of Krylon Fusion matte paint and gave it a nice paint job and drybrushing.
Click to see the original size. I used this for a full year and loved it. So reliable. Got sand, water, and snow in it and it still runs like a charm today. Requires no maintenance as well so its an excellent entry level gun.

Last fall, I picked up an ICS M4 from a friend who only used it a couple times at an indoor place. He included Magpul grips and stock as well as a dummy PEQ battery holder as the gun was front wired. I've been taking care and maintaining this beast since then, however its reliability hasn't been as good.

So far, I've replaced the hop up unit on it due to a crack. The internal fire selector switch controller cracked and fell apart into three pieces. The angle gear that the motor contacts is worn down and grinds occasionally. The rubber bucking for my hopup is cracked. And the gearbox is noisy as fuck. I hope to get myself a GBBR in the near future and have my M4 as my cold weather and backup weapon (though my Modified Kraken which I sawed off the stock and front wired it is currently my backup and rental.

As for gear, I started out by wearing full Canadian olive drab fatigues and tan sand combats which really work with anything. I also had a chest rig with a few mag pouches and a large size pouch I use for dropping mags. Here's an old picture of me without my signature tilly hat and some gay finger-less gloves cause I couldn't find my fulls. Chest rig not included cause I was using my friends VSR-10 and didnt need to store anything. The MP5 is another aftermath gun another friend had and gave to me as a gun to use when not sniping.

Anyway, so after some time, I upgraded my old used 1980's era chest rig to a new chest rig made for airsoft and paintball. It has 6 double M4 mag pouches, 2 grenade pouches, 2 large pouches, and a notebook/map pouch. I tossed an all weather notebook with a space pen in that one notebook/map pouch (i play in the rain) and a first aid kit in one of the large pouches.

I have some Motorola radios and some cobra radios, all GSRM. The Motorola radios have a very handy clamp with a quick release button. I wedged it onto my new chest rig and it works wonderfully. I have a headset cause my team is specialized in recon and spying and that kind of shit you need stealth for.

Currently, we haven't figured out call signs but the team I lead is named UCSF which will be changing its name soon. Remember how I said we were specialized in reccy? UCSF stands for Unspecialized Combat Support Force. Since we're specialized, that name just doesn't seem to work.

Our teams website is www.ucsf.team-talk.net, but it's almost never used other then to store information and keep threads on rules and directions and shit. The activity is more on www.lowshots.com where we recruit members, post games, and shit. We also have a facebook page www.facebook.com/PLaPAirsoft so yeah.

That pretty much sums up my love for airsoft. Oh. Yeah I guess I should mention. I only play serious MilSim where you play for 10 hours and only fire off 300 rounds throughout the day, and still have an amazing time.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 06:44:09 AM »
Been in the sport for about 2 years now. I first started out like any smart noob with the Aftermath Kraken (AK-47) I bought used off some guy I knew. It was in excellent condition and still runs perfectly fine today. Most reliable gun I have ever used so far though sometimes, it just doesnt cut it. I got it and it was clear for canadian import laws and had black grips similar to this:

Anyway so I didn't like the way it looked so I took a couple cans of Krylon Fusion matte paint and gave it a nice paint job and drybrushing.
Click to see the original size. I used this for a full year and loved it. So reliable. Got sand, water, and snow in it and it still runs like a charm today. Requires no maintenance as well so its an excellent entry level gun.
Even an Airsoft AK can go through that much shit? They're built to last lol.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 01:49:20 AM »
The fire selector one one side of my JG G36C broke but its ambidextrous so it still works on the left side ( im right handed lol)

EDIT: I still can't think of a name for my guns....

EDIT 2: Glad im not the only airsofter here lol got worried for a sec.

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 05:03:36 AM »
Well i'm the new guy to the sport here it seems XD

I am really just starting to go into the sport properly so im still collecting equipment but what i have works nicely. Also bare in mind England has laws on this shit because we are Britfags. So i have to have two toned guns until i get my UKARA licence -.-

Anyway my equipment is:

Rifle - I use a two-tone M4A1 replica with a tactical stock, mock silencer and red-dot scope. It is full electric with a 320 FPS power currently but i will be upgrading it. I'm going to be doing some work on it giving it a new motor and sorting the hop-up out etc but for now it works very nicely.

Sidearm - I'm currently with a Colt Mk4 sidearm but i will be moving to a Sig P228 to suit my attire so can't explain too much about that.

Equipment - As i am a Britfag i am going for the elite look ;) My gear is almost finished and is a replica of the British SAS's iconic Black kit. As i mainly play inside games in arenas i use full black kit. I have an S10 respirator, chest rig with holder, navy blue SAS coverall's, tactical belt and leg holster. This also includes a standard issue tactical rubber knife for CQB.

So that is my gear atm. Haven;t played many games but that's all going to change soon ;)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
Well I just ordered a new Drop-in ICS V7 lower gearbox front wire edition, a metal fire selector switch (finally), 2 offset ring scope mounts, and a 3-10x40 sniper scope to use for observation purposes, all from www.evike.com. Now I wait for it to arrive...

Offline A Dark Tree

• WHITE
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »
I don't do it much anymore, but I have a 670 FPS M14 with a 50x Zoom Scope, I had two 400 FPS Black Glocks, and I usually carried an airsoft grenade.  No pics cuz I'm lazy.  But I only sniped, so that's my loadout.
Add me on steam, the name is Saaaaaaaaaaaan.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 08:32:53 PM »
670 FPS M14 with a 50x Zoom Scope,

Uh... wtf dude? You TRYING to hurt someone? 500+ fps is just plain unsafe. Also why would you need a 50x zoom scope? I havent seen a sniper rifle that shoots out of range of a 10x, gas or spring bolt action.

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 11:10:25 PM »
I don't do it much anymore, but I have a 670 FPS M14 with a 50x Zoom Scope, I had two 400 FPS Black Glocks, and I usually carried an airsoft grenade.  No pics cuz I'm lazy.  But I only sniped, so that's my loadout.

Holy crap with that fps you would not be able to play on the 2 acre arenas I play at.  The Max sniper fps is 500 and that comes with a no less than 100ft engagement distance....

Why do you even carry a grenade you will never need it.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 12:09:18 AM »
I used to airsoft. Not as much. First one I got was an M4A1 Crossman AEG and it lasted for years. I also had a shotgun that broke after about a year. Now all I'm left with is a plastic colt spring pistol that I just fuck around with. 2 Years ago I got a Daisy air rifle, a thing for hunting small animals with the .22 pellets, but I can't use it much since I live in the city. I recently got my FID (Like a very basic gun license, only to show that I can fire and operate low capacity rifles and shotguns) and my dad got his license to carry. We're getting an M1 Garand in about a little more than a week. Sadly it's not vintage.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 12:56:08 AM »
670 FPS M14 with a 50x Zoom Scope,

Uh... wtf dude? You TRYING to hurt someone? 500+ fps is just plain unsafe. Also why would you need a 50x zoom scope? I havent seen a sniper rifle that shoots out of range of a 10x, gas or spring bolt action.
Uh, no Scopes go up to 50x Statua, hes trolling like crazy.

I carry an M4 and a Cheap M9(That I'm looking to start upgrading).

But I can see a lot of use in airsoft grenades, mainly cause the field I play at is woods and has two CQB area(one area with a shitton of barrels, and a small town) and honestly, I saw an entire team get tagged by a single grenade(My team, I was the only one smart enough to duck)
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 01:38:15 AM »
I use grenades all the time my point was if your a sniper you dont really need them because everything is so far away.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 01:43:29 AM »
 Well, I used to have a shotgun airsoft but it broke down over the couple of days since I wasn't really interested in airsoft but my brother does. He has a AK-74u, M1911 Colt, and Remington Shotgun airsoft that he currently has. He uses them to fight his other friend. Although, a small town that I currently live, there is no arenas that I can participate in.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 04:00:38 AM »
Maybe he was using this? http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_185&products_id=26689 :P in all seriousness yeah he was probably trolling.

I'm gonna be testing out some DIY airsoft grenades with ketchup dishes, peas, and firecrackers soon.

-EDIT-

Disassembled my ICS M4 so I could paint some parts. There's a lot of parts...

Also, Who needs M4 or G36 bodies? This is how the pros do it!:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:11:21 AM by Statua [9-01] »

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 06:28:05 AM »
Just to put this out here. I want this, if i win the lottery this will be my little friend XD

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=22396

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal