Author Topic: Changes  (Read 18221 times)

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Changes
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2013, 01:34:30 PM »
Any time update or is it unknown?

From looking at the to-do list I got earlier; soon...

Soon as in within 24 hours? Or soon as in within a few days- a week?

Not my call to make.

Right, well thanks anyways for the small amount of info, hope to see you on outlands.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »
Any time update or is it unknown?

From looking at the to-do list I got earlier; soon...

Soon as in within 24 hours? Or soon as in within a few days- a week?

Not my call to make.

Right, well thanks anyways for the small amount of info, hope to see you on outlands.
Depends how fast alex and khub go about stuff and commitments.
It could be coded and sorted tommorow, or it could be into next week.
what

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2013, 03:46:39 PM »
Knub said yesterday in the Shoutbox that it will be done next week. IE Jan 1 - 7
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2013, 04:12:39 PM »
thats the plan

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 02:05:08 AM »
I'm very much liking the Idea of an admin run Black-Market sort of thing. I've seen other servers do it before, it worked pretty well, but caused a bit of strain on the CCA... Which we need a bit more of in the city.
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2013, 02:08:13 AM »
I'm very much liking the Idea of an admin run Black-Market sort of thing. I've seen other servers do it before, it worked pretty well, but caused a bit of strain on the CCA... Which we need a bit more of in the city.

Admin run would bring in the question of a community sanctioned resistance wholesale, which would bring unspeakable drama levels.

I like the idea of admins monitoring the flow of weapons through the players that distribute them though as was suggested, better than nothing now that firearms restrictions are gone, as they should be IMO.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:22:12 AM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2013, 03:09:22 AM »
Admins are obviously going to be involved in the blackmarket trade, especially when it does come to things like weapons. Just because the admins are involved in that kind of stuff, doesn't mean there's a 'community sactioned group' that exists. Recently on the City server (being like around like May - server downtime of last year), the Resistance groups were clearlymade/defined by the playerbase, not by the administration support they recieved. I highly doubt an admin acting as a black market dealer that happens to sell weapons to them makes the main resistance group. That's just my take on it at least.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2013, 03:25:31 AM »
I dunno about this admin ran black market. If its for guns, them im all for it, as long as they don't get in the wrong hands. If its more medical supplies, food, ect then I think it might take away from the people that want to rp doing that kind of stuff, and they actually enjoy doing it rather than an admin going "brb, Gunna give some stuff to citzens." It would be a lot less meaningful.

Idk, just what I think.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2013, 03:30:02 AM »
The blackmarket won't be run by the administration team entirely for weapons - it's just for distributing said weapons to the dealers, which will most likely be players

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2013, 03:33:20 AM »
The blackmarket won't be run by the administration team entirely for weapons - it's just for distributing said weapons to the dealers, which will most likely be players

Hmm...sounds good but I think if we do this the said player will need to get a "yes" from 2 admins, then a roster type thing on the private forums so we can keep track of them. And the fact that if somehow an irresponsible player gets one, then that's not good lol.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2013, 03:34:49 AM »

Hmm...sounds good but I think if we do this the said player will need to get a "yes" from 2 admins, then a roster type thing on the private forums so we can keep track of them. And the fact that if somehow an irresponsible player gets one, then that's not good lol.

If an irresponsible player gets one, its the authorities job to rectify the issue upon notice, not ours. When they start massively deathmatching, it's our job. Who the weapons go to is for fate to decide really. There'll be a structured blackmarket but that'll come in later and not at release.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2013, 05:09:22 AM »
can i actually kill this admin character who gives out guns or does he have godmode

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2013, 05:16:01 AM »
can i actually kill this admin character who gives out guns or does he have godmode

I did say, he's "killable", since it isn't realistic if he had godmode on. He isn't a specific NPC, but a player controlled person, who can also die.
I'd say, if an "admin only" blackmarket character died, I think the admin would let the market die out, maybe wait a couple of weeks, before a new blackmarket person was sat in place.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2013, 05:20:42 AM »
cool i'll camp his respawn point with 5 zealot operatives

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2013, 06:26:32 AM »
I couldn't care less if the blackmarket died, just means people weren't careful enough

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal