Author Topic: Lack of Admin Presence  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Windmill

• View Profile
    • Awards
Lack of Admin Presence
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »
Hi.  This isn't exactly an orthodox admin complaint so I can't exactly follow the format provided.  If this isn't the correct section to post such a complaint I apologize.

I've recently noticed that there is not a large admin presence on Orange Cosmos.  It is common for servers to have hours where no admins are on, though this seems to be a much more significant problem.  I am not saying there are no admins 24 hours a day.  I am, however, saying that there are no apparent admins helping out for significant chunks of time.

Just now a police officer was arresting and killing everyone in his vicinity, other officers included.  While I was RP'ing as mayor I let a few citizens RP as my private body guards only to get RDM'd by them as they locked themselves in the safe to steal spawning money bags. 

I understand that there is a place to report players and I'm highly supportive of that.  Though, I believe that these things can be prevented before they start if there is but presence of admins on.  Everyone has the capacity to troll (some more than others  :P ). 

Anyways, that's my complaint.  It is here to be productive, not to insult.  Thanks.

Re: Lack of Admin Presence
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 10:22:53 PM »
I left. Admins will be on later, trust me. They're just having their own life now.
+support this admin is dumb.

Edit: I didn't read that next post Crap Head.

What? ~ Crap-Head

In the rules topic.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:48:30 PM by Martinerrr »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 04:45:51 AM »
To be honest, i understand what you mean.

We have so many admins at the moment but there are some of them that are never online.
a lot of our admins are also developers so count those out. They got a lot of work going at the moment.

We try to be on as much as we can but keep in mind that some of our admins is also on the HL2RP server all the time. Some are both admin on HL2RP and some are only on one of them.

But i gotta agree, we could need 1 or 2 fresh new OCRP admins.

*cough*Realize and Sico*cough*
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline NaStY PaStY ?No Sound?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:48:02 AM »
this is a problem i've pointed out already. Lately I've been on the server on my own with 30+ people to keep an eye on. Lately it's been getting a bit out of hand, but I can assure you, and the rest of the community, that the problem is being looked at.

Offline Windmill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »
but I can assure you, and the rest of the community, that the problem is being looked at.

That's all anyone can ask for.  ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 01:49:12 AM »
Well, I've lost somewhat interest since I lost another 100k of stuff from a crash and I haven't really been in the mood for OCRP recently. I'll try to be on more.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »
I posted a admin app, and Im on OCRP everyday. I think Im a good candiate. Im always on when the shit hits the fan. EDIT: Im sorry for the bump. I didnt notice the thread is that old.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:56:12 PM by rickroller »

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »
I posted a admin app, and Im on OCRP everyday. I think Im a good candiate. Im always on when the shit hits the fan.
Yeah, but you do know you just bumped a thread that is older than 2 weeks?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 04:51:48 AM »
Hmmm.

This is not accepted or denied as this cannot be accepted, nor denied.

Just locking the thread. We need a sub sections for complaints that is dealt with.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 10:27:55 PM »
I don't like this cluttering the admin complaints section, and as Crap-Head said, this can't be accepted or denied so i am moving this to generall discussion.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal