Author Topic: The Chronicles of Mike Boone  (Read 14422 times)

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Chronicles of Mike Boone
« on: November 18, 2011, 12:10:29 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ942GLkLKU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ942GLkLKU</a>

(// Must of this is going to be a in a third person perspective, along with a few snips of first person journal stuff, if you have the journal IC, pretend that all the third person stuff is written in a first person perspective)
*If someone were to search Mike Boone’s jacket, they would find a journal with a large, red “7“ painted on the front cover, inside the journal are entries upon entries of his experiences in City 7 as well as the mysterious Outlands... and where ever else his story may take him*

Chapter 1:
The chronicles of City 7

Day 1:
Arrival

Location: On a train, speeding towards nowhere... or so they thought

What were these clothes he was wearing? Whats happening? Why is this masked man grabbing him? “Where are you taking me!?” The white masked man said nothing, and instead shoved him on to a train, where he saw his mother being taken to another train. Mike Boone stood up, but before anything could be done, the door to the train closed, leaving him trapped inside. He banged on the door, trying to escape the train in order to save his mother, but there was nothing he could do, the train was already leaving the station. Mike let tears run down his face as he had&nbsp; a silent last final goodbye with his mother, and watched as she became smaller and smaller, until she was no longer visible. He sighed sorrowfully, taking an empty seat nearby, he then put his head in his arms and cried. It was not long before a man about 28 stood next to him, holding the pole to steady himself as the train sped to its unknown destination. He looked down at the crying man and asked in sad voice himself “Whats wrong?” Mike looked up at the slightly older man and replied “My mom... she’s gone...” He then looked forward with a sad look upon his face and said “Me too, kid, me too...” They both remained silent for a time, when the 28 year old said “So whats your name?” Mike looked up at him, and with tears still visible in his eyes, said “Boone... Mike Boone” The man gave a smile and said “Weird, my name is Mike, too, except its Daring, Mike Daring.” Boone smiled and said “What a stroke of luck.” Boone then looked at Daring with a serious look and said “Where do you think they’re taking us?” Daring looked forward again, not meeting his gaze and said “I don’t know, Boone, I just don’t know...” They continued the duration of the trip in silence, awaiting what may be their final destination...

...But it wasn’t. The train slowed to a stop at a station similar to the one they had left, and Boone looked up at Daring, showing fear on his face. “What else have they got left to do to us?” Boone nodded, understanding what he was saying, and stood up. Unlike Daring, Boone didn’t have a suitcase, so all he had were the clothes on his back, and an empty journal he took from his drawer shortly before leaving his home to see the ruins of his hometown. They left the train together, and stared in awe at the as they left the train station, to find what was their new home.
City 7.

“We just arrived in a place their calling “City 7“, I don’t understand whats happening, and I miss Mom and Dad...”
-Part of journal entry 1 of Mike Boone’s journal
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:34:00 AM by Catalyst Webmaster »
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The chronicles of Mike Boone
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 12:49:54 AM »
// I already love it. I hope it doesn't die off like most great journals.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 10:59:17 AM »
//MOAR!!
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 02:16:02 PM »
// I already love it. I hope it doesn't die off like most great journals.
// It will only die off when its done  ;)

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:13:08 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvJUPpZ5MLE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvJUPpZ5MLE</a>

Chapter 1: Chronicles of City 7

Day 2: Settling in

The two men looked at the urban wonder in front of them, it looked almost like any city. Except, there was only one tall building, the Citadel. The citadel towered over the plaza that lead to the train station, blocking most of the sun. The only other buildings were small, with one floor, these would seem more like shops, but for all they knew, they could have been. A CCA officer approached and said with a deeply vocoded voice “<:: Get to the Union Civil Housing, move it!” The officer then pointed to a building with multiple floors and windows, doing as they were told, the two men went to where the officer was pointing. Upon reaching the building, it looked much better from afar, the outside wall was poorly painted, and already had small chips in it. “These guys are shitty carpenters eh?” Boone said with a laugh. Daring took his gaze off the building, and in a cautious tone, said “Be careful, Boone, I don’t think these guys are like the old police...” Boone nodded, and walked to the entrance, with Daring hot at his heels.

Upon entry to the Union Civil Housing, or UCH as Boone everyone calling it that, Boone took into account that the entrance was crowded. It wasn’t a lobby like a hotel, it was a small corridor that had a small, broken elevator with a staircase as cramped as the corridor surrounding it. Citizens wearing the exact same jumpsuit as him were crowded inside the corridor, among all the talking he heard a vocoded voice yelling “<:: Everyone quiet down or I’m ripping your vocal cords out!” Upon him saying that, the room filled with silence so fast, it seemed like no one was talking. Boone stood straighter to see where the voice was coming from, and saw what looked like a CCA unit, but much more stronger looking and was wearing a black and red uniform instead of a white and black one. His mask was different as well. The unit then yelled “<:: The UCH is now your new home, You will live here and no where else, understand?” The room stayed silent as he continued, “<:: I will call off last names, if you hear your name, step forward or I will rip out your spine!” Boone zoned out as he called out names, looking around the room for any familiar faces. He then felt a jab in his side, he looked to the direction of it and saw Daring, who was motioning his head forward, Boone then heard his name being called “<:: Boone? Boone!” He stepped forward quickly in front of the unit, who stood at a good 6‘8. The unit looked down at him and said “<:: Room A-6, move it!” Boone ran up to the stairs to floor A, and looked for room A-6. He walked down the hall at a brisk pace until he found what a door with A-6 engraved on the wall beside the door. Boone entered and closed the door, looking at the apartment, it was bare and had only the things that can keep one alive, stove, microwave, sink, a bathroom, and a small bed. Boone walked over to the bed, laying down on it and pulling out his empty journal, he then took a pen out of his jacket and started writing in the journal.

“Today is my first day in “City 7“, I was given a room, room A-6, its nice, and its my own room...”
-Part of journal entry 2 of Mike Boone’s journal
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 10:58:10 PM by Darkshifter98 »

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwULwG5JnBk" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwULwG5JnBk</a>

Day 3: Misery loves company

After finishing his log in his journal, Boone snapped it closed and put it inside his jacket, and left his apartment, as he had an urge to explore. When he got to the first floor, where the big CCA unit was, there was no one there. The unit must of made quick work getting everyone in their apartments, Boone thought. He went out the way he came in and took a left next to an alley, when he heard screaming coming from the alley. Boone, curiosity getting the best of him, went into the alley, following the source of the screams while walking on the balls of his feet, making little to no noise at all. As he got deeper and deeper into the alley, he could make out a voice, a woman’s voice to be precise, all he could hear from where he was at the moment was “Rick!” and then it being muffled by other voices. Hearing the franticness of the voices, Boone broke into a run, bursting around the corner to find a male shielding a female from a black man with a pipe and his partner, a white male with a beard. The woman was screaming for the man, Rick, to protect her, and with that, Boone walked up to the black man with caution, ready for whatever he may do with that pipe. The black man turned to face Boone, the pipe being held tightly in his hand. Boone stopped about two feet in front of him, and put his fists up so that his upper body and face could be protected. The man swung with the pipe in a downward moment towards his head, expecting this, Boone put his arms in front of his face and screamed in pain as the pipe hit his arms, but it was worth not getting brain damage. The black mans partner was distracted, so Rick took that chance to take a swing at his face, as the white man fell over, he said something Boone couldn’t hear to the woman, and she started kicking the man while he was on the ground. The black man brought the pipe up, ready to strike Boone with another blow, when Rick came up and tackled the man from behind, causing him to fall and nearly hit Boone. Boone took the chance to take the black mans pipe while he was down, and then told Rick to get off him, which he did. As the black man got up, Boone held the pipe tight in his hand, and swung in an arch at his face, and gave a slight smile as he felt metal on bone, and the sound of screaming and falling to the ground. Boone looked down at the man, and said “If I see you trying to hurt anyone again, I’ll make sure to break something, if I haven’t already, understand?” The man nodded, and stood up, and broke into a run, calling for his partner to follow, in which he started standing up, despite being kicked by the woman, and ran to catch up with the man.

Boone dropped the pipe on the ground, and turned to the man and the woman, who were both giving him a smile. “Thanks for the help.” Rick said. “Anytime.” Boone replied. “My names Rick, and this is Jenny.” He gestured to the woman that was standing next to him. “Boone, Mike Boone.” Boone turned to the UCH and back to them and said “Lets get out of here before anything else happens.” They both nodded and all three of them walked to the UCH. Boone walked them to their apartment, Rick said “Hope to see you around.” Before entering the apartment with Jenny, when Boone replied “Likewise.”

“Met two people today, Rick and Jenny, they seem like good people, they remind me of Mom and Dad in a way... except younger...”
-Part of entry 3 of Mike Boone’s journal
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:05:46 PM by Darkshifter98 »

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »
// Good read, and I see you're using the format Shownofear used  :P

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »
// Yeah, I feel strangely weird using it, as it was Fear's thing and not mine.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 12:27:12 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpgchQnaUY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpgchQnaUY</a>

Chapter 1:
Chronicles of City 7

Day 4: That one small problem you don’t notice until its too late...

Over the next few days, Boone, Jenny, and Rick had been wandering city 7 together, learning its secrets and getting to know each other. Boone learned that they were both engaged when the Seven hour war occurred, and they hope, somehow, to get married. Boone thought about it, wondering how he could get them married as he walked to the UCH, when he heard a faint moaning in the alley. Boone stopped at the doorway, and walked around the corner to see a bruised and battered Daring on the floor, bleeding from his nose. He looked up and gave Boone a wave as if to say “I’m fine, no need to worry” but Boone continued to stare at him in shock, and then said with slight anger in his voice “What... happened...?” Daring then looked at the ground in front of him and said “These three guys beat me...” “Who?!” Boone replied with anger much more obvious in his voice. Daring then, almost wearily, said “A black guy... a white man with a beard... and some guy named Joe.. the black man had a pipe...” Boone clenched his fists in anger, the nerve of those men to beat his best friend, Boone wouldn’t stand for it. He helped Daring up and into the UCH, and into his apartment to rest. After saying a bit of a heartfelt goodbye, Boone walked down the hall and outside of the UCH, set on finding the men, and teaching them a lesson they will never forget...

"Some thugs hurt Daring today, they're going to pay for it in blood..."
-Part of entry four of Mike Boone's journal.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:29:55 AM by Darkshifter98 »

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 01:15:12 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tQyP3BVcL4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tQyP3BVcL4</a>

Chapter 1:
Chronicles of City 7

Day 5: The Showdown

Boone walked at a brisk pace, trying to find Jenny and Rick for the upcoming showdown. After about 10 minutes of searching he found them cuddling against a wall. As soon as Boone layed eyes on them, he sprint toward them at full speed, which startled them quite a bit. Boone stopped right in front of them and said with a serious tone “I need your help.” The two looked at each other, a serious look on both their faces, and Rick replied with a serious tone of his own “We’ll do it.” Boone nodded, and motioned for them to follow. After a bit of walking, they found the trio in the plaza, laughing as if they hadn’t just beat an innocent man. Boone walked up to all three of them, with Jenny and Rick walking in a V formation behind him, as soon as the leader of the group, the black man, layed eyes on the three citizens walking towards them, he got off the wall and his two companions shifted their gaze to where he was looking, and stood in a threatening stance, ready for whatever the three citizens may try. Boone stopped about two feet away from the man, his eyes narrowed an in angry stare, he said “You hurt my friend, now I’m going to hurt you.” Boone clenched his fists, ready for whatever the men may throw at him. The black man chuckled, bringing the pipe up above his head. Before he could strike, Boone pivoted on his left food and swung with his right food, and hit him in the side with stunning force, in which he stumbled on to his bearded partner. Boone charged forward, ready to take on the two men while Rick and Jenny took on “Joe”. The bearded man looked up and Boone did a right jab towards his nose, and let a grin cross his face as he saw a hint of blood pour out. But he got too over confident, because they black man had used him as a distraction and banged the lead pipe against his rib cage. Boone stumbled to the side, feeling his ribs on fire. The black man then swung again with the pipe towards Boone’s right arm, in which Boone made a painful yelp and held his arm. Rick, hearing the yell, ran forward and tackled the black man from behind, just like last time, and started beating him while he was down. Boone then started a fist fight with the bearded Caucasian male, swing for his face while at the same, trying to protect his own. After what seemed like hours, but was only a few seconds, Civil Authority officers stormed into the plaza, MP7‘s and USP matches raised. The officer with the red and black uniform came out of the mass amount of officers, carrying an OSPIR pulse rifle.

He said with a relaxed and heavily vocoded voice “<::These are the men we’re looking for, aren’t we?” One of the units among the crowd answered yes, and the red and black unit nodded, aiming his OSPIR at the black man, the bearded man, and “Joe” and roared “<:: On the wall! NOW!” The men slowly stood up, and broke into a ran towards the UCH, all the units opened fire, but couldn’t hit them without hitting any of the other citizens in the plaza. The men ran into the UCH, and Boone watched as three units went in after them. Boone started to stand when he felt a fist connect with his face, and saw a white male with no beard, followed by two other males, saying with obvious anger “You got members of our gang in trouble!” and swung again for Boone’s face, in which Boone dodged the attack, missing the fist by mere inches, another fight broke out in the plaza between the six citizens. Before he knew it, Boone was on top of one of the males, beating him senseless. When something stopped the fighting cold. The sound of multiple shots from a USP match.

The man wiggled out of Boone’s grasp and ran with the other men, getting as far away from the three as possible. Rick and Jenny were both going crazy, asking each other if they were alright. Boone didn’t listen to the chatter. Instead staring at the UCH to see three units carrying to the bodies of the men who had beat Daring. Boone grined, looking back at Rick and Jenny, who were still asking each other if they were alright. Boone cleared his throat and said “Thanks for the help, you two.” They stopped talking to each and both laughed, completely forgetting about Boone, Rick replied with a smile “Anytime, Boone.” Jenny smiled and gave a nod, agreeing with Rick’s previous statement. Boone then said “I’ll see you around.” They both nodded and hugged as Boone walked towards the UCH, limping slightly from when he was hit with the lead pipe. He limped inside and into Daring’s room, who was looking out the window at the APC that was carrying the units that brought them here. Boone said softly “You alright?” Daring jumped and turned around, obviously startled, and said “Y-yeah, I’m fine...” He didn’t look fine at all, it looks as if he had gotten WORSE. Boone gave him a small glare and he said “Those thugs paid me a visit, but those CCA units... killed them” Daring almost smiled, and Boone smiled too, saying “Good, that’ll be the last of them." Daring nodded and said “I’ll see you later.” In which Boone replied “Not if I see you first.” and left Daring’s apartment into his own.

“Those guys that beat Daring got what was coming to the them, hehe...”
-Part of journal entry 5 of Mike Boone’s journal
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:46:02 PM by Darkshifter98 »

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 06:58:47 AM »
//Wait he beat your arm with a pipe and you still could fight?
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 11:58:18 AM »
// He had only hit it once, but decently hard, I would assume it was bruised, but I've never been hit in the arm with a pipe.
On another note, "The Showdown" links up to the backstory used on Mike Daring's CCA app. If I find the backstory, I'll post it, but basiclly the three men came in, and beat Daring, and the three units came and killed all three of them.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:10:50 PM by Darkshifter98 »

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 01:01:56 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDZscyf8lU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDZscyf8lU</a>

Chapter 1:
Chronicles of City 7

Day 6: The beginning of the Storm

Over the next few weeks, Boone, Rick, Jenny, and Daring had noticed a relentless force gathering in City 7. It was the Combine Civil Authority. The number Civil Authority officers was on an all time high. At least five Cp’s were in a sector at once, and that was on a bad day for them. Boone hadn’t like the Combine in the first place, and he thought everyone thought the same. He guessed wrong, people joined for different reasons, food, respect, or maybe because they thought the Combine’s ways were more effective then past life. Right... who could think that? Boone started to notice Daring sweeping the streets, he told Boone that he needed only one more loyalty point to achieve loyalist status, he had received four points for taking down an anti-citizen as well as taking a bullet. Boone didn’t get it, but he wouldn’t control his friends life, as long as he wasn’t thinking about Civil Protection...

Just when Boone thought things could get worse, Daring was transferred to a city called City 18, Boone would hope they would meet again, but they both knew it wouldn’t happen, at least anytime soon. Daring gave a sad glance towards Boone one more time before boarding the train, and watched as the doors closed behind him. He stayed at the station until the train had gone away on its journey, Boone left the station, head down and hands in his pockets. He looked up at the citadel, and said with anger hinted in his voice “I can’t take anymore...” before turning to his right and heading to the UCH.

“Daring’s gone, it looks like its just Rick, Jenny, and me. I’ll talk to them later about blowing this popsicle stand...”
-Part of journal entry 6 of Mike Boone’s journal 

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 12:22:31 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgGRKZ1nmt8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgGRKZ1nmt8</a>

Chapter 1:
Chronicles of City 7

Day 7: Preparing for the storm

2015, a month before 2016

Boone didn’t know what he was going to do, with Daring, probably his best friend, gone, what was there to do? Boone walked down the sidewalk of City 7, head down and somewhere else. Not paying attention, he made a right into an alley, and walked aimlessly into it. He walked through the slums silently, feeling as if it were raining when it was sunny. He saw something that looked like a warehouse of sorts, wanting to get out of the “rain”, Boone ventured over to the warehouse and pushed the twin doors open. The only thing he saw was his shadow against the light of the doorway, Boone continued inside anyways. After walking about a yard, Boone stepped on something metallic, he looked down to see a small sewer grate, barely big enough to fit him through, but it looked like he could fit. Boone crouched down and started examining the grate, looking to see if there was anyway to open, when he heard a laughing in the darkness. Boone shot straight up, instantly alert, when he heard a voice say “You thinking about going out there with no supplies?” A skinny and dirty white male appeared from the darkness, a grin on his face, and a cap of sorts on his head. “Well, are you?” Boone nodded slowly, not getting the man’s meaning. The man chuckled and said “You’ll be a chew toy by the time you get three feet in.” Boone looked down at the sewer grate, then back at the man, and said “Thanks for not letting me go in there..” The man grinned and replied “Anytime, buddy.” Boone put his hands back in his pockets, letting out a small sigh, realizing another path of escape was closed off. The man raised an eyebrow and said “You lookin’ to escape?” Boone looked up and nodded, replying “Yeah, with two others... hopefully.” The man grinned, as if he just scored a deal and said “I’ve got the supplies if you’ve got the tokens.” Boone frowned and thought for a moment and said “I should talk about it with my friends, first.” Boone hurried to the exit when the man said something that stopped him cold “You should get your friends here now.” Boone turned, raising an eyebrow “Why?” The man walked closer to him, and said in a soft voice “Operation: SUNDOWN” Boone stayed silent, waiting for him to continue “Its an operation those Cp guys are doing, they’re going to go around and take EVERYTHING, med-kits, beer, weapons, anything they think you shouldn’t have, the whole kit and caboodle,  so if your going to escape, you should hurry and make up your mind.” Boone didn’t wait for him to go on, already pushing out the door and racing down the alley way.

“I’m going to talk about getting Rick and Jenny out of here, nows the time to get out of here...”
-Part of journal entry 7 of Mike Boone’s journal
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:24:54 AM by Darkshifter98 »

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE31xD1b9bA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE31xD1b9bA</a>

Day 8: The Storm

2015, one month before 2016

By the time Boone got to the UCH, he was already panting, when he found their room, he actually had to stop and catch his breath before knocking on the door. After a few seconds of Boone waiting impatiently for someone to answer, Rick opened the door, looking as calm as ever. “We have to go!” Boone yelled, still partly out of breath. Rick got a worried look on his face, and out of the corner of his eyes, he could see Jenny peeking around the corner to watch the commotion. “There’s no time! Come on!” Boone motioned them to follow and broke into a jog down the hallway and down the stairs, he slowed momentarily to see if they were following, and continued his fast paced jog when he heard two pairs of feet against wood getting closer and closer. Boone raced down the stairs and pushed open the door of the UCH, pausing once more to allow them to catch up. Once they were out the door, Boone continued heading towards the alley he went in earlier, where the three begin the search of their one and only escape.

After what seemed like hours, Boone found the warehouse where he met the strange man. He motioned them over and, with some effort, pushed the twin doors open. Boone looked inside for the man. Getting worried, he let a soft “Hello...?” Escape his lips, thats when he heard a small commotion, and saw the man with a small knife turning the corner, he raised it high in the air, but luckily he realized who he was, and lowered the knife to his side. “Here to trade, are ye’? Boone nodded, with Rick and Jenny close behind. The man motioned for them to follow, and led them to a decently sized room, with a small carpet in the middle with items Boone hadn’t seen in a long while, and some Boone hadn’t ever seen. The man sat down at one end, and Boone sat down at the other side. The man showed him some of the items and how they worked, small knives, something called “Medigel”, and other things like tools. After Boone, Rick, and Jenny had picked what they wanted, they searched their pockets for tokens, when the sound of an Overwatch vocoder stopped them in their tracks, and then they started hearing not one vocoder, but two, then four, then eventually, six. The man, obviously knowing death was near, lifted a part of the carpet up to reveal a sewer grate. Boone pried open the grate with both hands, until it popped open with a loud creek. Boone looked up at the man, in which he said “Keep it, consider it a gift, and good luck out there, kid.” Boone gave the man a confident nod, and motioned for Rick and Jenny into the sewer grate, in which they slipped though, one at a time. When they finally disappeared into the darkness below, Boone prepared himself to drop into the darkness, when he heard the steady pulse that meant they attached a door breaching charge. The man hurriedly shoved Boone into the hole and closed the grate behind him, and then saw darkness as he lay the blanket over the grate, but he could hear the sound of a small explosion, as well as shots from Pulse rifles as he fell down the seemingly endless hole.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agp6_IqNVLw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agp6_IqNVLw</a>

Although he hadn’t been falling long, Boone was surprised when he hit the ground and it felt surprisingly soft. Thats when he heard a “Yow! Son of a-” and realized he had landed on Rick. He rolled off Rick, letting out a soft chuckle, saying in the pitch black darkness “Sorry... Rick.” Rick coughed and said “Its fine... just don’t do it again...” Boone chuckled and said “Wheres Jenny?” and out of the darkness, he heard a soft, feminine voice call out “I’m here!” Boone breathed a sigh of relief, and set the backpack down that the man had given him, he smiled once his finger made purchase with a metallic cylinder like object with a small switch attached. Boone pulled it out of his backpack and pushed the switch forward, and was slightly surprised at the light that leapt out of his hands. He ran it around the “room” and saw the dirtied faces of Rick and Jenny. Boone closed the flaps of the backpack and put his arms through the straps, and said “Well? Lets go!” Boone started walking down the tunnel, with Rick and Jenny at his sides, they could hear the echo’s of Overwatch Vocoder’s from above, they didn’t say a word about the strange man who had risked his life for them, and they never looked back as they continued down the dark, smelly tunnel.

“Well, we’re “out” of City 7, now lets see if we can find a way out of this sewer system...”
-Part of journal entry 8 of Mike Boone’s journal

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal