Author Topic: The Outlands' Inn (Downtime Roleplay Thread)  (Read 76257 times)

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Outlands' Inn (Downtime Roleplay Thread)
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
As Joanna explains that the headcrab is friendly, he raises his MP7 to the roof, pulling the trigger.
An audible click sound is heard, indicating the weapon is empty from ammunition.

Heh. Even if I wanted to shoot it, I wouldn't be able to. Reminds me, does any of you got some spare ammo to give me?

Ori then hears the sounds of the Antlions. He walks towards the window, searching if something is happening, but he sees nothing, but the empty Beles town.

Anybody of you know what was that sound?
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »
Looks with a mild disdain at Ori's weapon.

You lot and your guns, all the same. No, it was probably some poor fell'a out in the rain.

Edwin swaggers past the headcrab on the counter, eyeing it's dark body with bemusement before moving to face the fireplace.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:49:23 PM by The Doctor »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
  As Joanna speaks to him, Borislav's face twists in confusion as he attempts to translate what she said given the few words he does know of English.  However, before he can respond, Joanna is grabbed away by the event with the headcrab.  Sighing with relief that he won't be dragged into a conversation in English, Borislav returns his gaze back to the fireplace just as the gunshot reaches the Inn.  Turning his head back towards the window, he cocks his head at the strange noises outside.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
Violet Collins

Out of Character for OOC:
Rewind a bit, didn't expect this much progress lol...

Violet follows Eli to the kitchen. Her socked feet lightly thumping the floor with every step.

"Beans out there? Where the hell did he think he was going? We're supposed to get people to come here and stay here to be safe, not leave and get into shit. Fucking beans." Violet seems to be in a bit of frustration over Beans' stupidity. "Whatever, you aint going alone. If Beans in in trouble, you're going to need help. I got the strength and the medical skills if shit gets stinky out there kay? Let me know if and when you're leaving. You are not going alone."

Violet leaves the kitchen, thimping the floor some more. She quickly ascends the stairs and enters the room she was staying in. Violet sits back down on the bed and quickly puts on her boots, tying them up snugly. She takes the little red cross off the door and stuffs it into her rucksack. Violet grabs her coat and ruck and begins to leave. Before she exits, she turns on a heel, reaching under the pillow. Almost forgetting her knife, she stows it in the ruck and leaves the room, available for the next visitor.

Violet heads down the steps and into the populated living room by the fire. She sets her stuff down and warms up a little.

Current time...

Violet looks up from the fire from the gunshot. She quietly mutters "shit" to herself. She looks around the room, locating Eli. She cautiously watches the headcrab situation unfold. As the noises from the antlions rushing outside fills the inn, she gets up and throws her hood over her head, heading to her ambulance utility truck parked outside the inn. Violet cowers in the cold rain and unlocks the door, pulling it open. She lifts one of the seat cushions drawing her unloaded MP5 with its stock retracted. Violet checks to ensure the safety is on and the weapon is not loaded. She grabs the magazine sitting beside the weapon and slides it into the magwell till it clicks. She clips the 1 point C clip onto a metal ring at the upper right portion of her ruck. It dangles doftly and out of the way. Violet returns the cushion back to its position and slams the door, locking the truck. She then returns to the inn, letting her hood down. Violet heads over to stand beside Eli. He presents her with one of the soup cans. She thankfully takes it and begins indulging on some good hot soup...

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »
Beans climbs back into his old muscle car, watching the foggy horizon for any new critters to come his way, he keeps his hand on the window's lever, ready to lower it down if he needs to lean out and fire. He grabs his radio, sighing as he attempts once more to call for help, he's pretty sure his other attempts went unheard- and they did.

Anyone hear me? I need help gettin' my car unstuck, and there's critters comin' to get me an' my boy here, we're on the path in the woods leadin' down to the cottage.

Due to the storm, the message would go unheard, or if anyone WERE to hear it, the message would be fragmented. All he could hope is that the storm would end, or that someone could place together that Beans needs help in the woods beyond Belles.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 05:49:27 PM »
Rewind to Ori aiming at 34370
As 34370 eats his morsal of food that was given to him by Eli, he was suddenly startled by the sudden yelling, he looks up, his fangs stained with the food he's been eating. His beady eyes fixate on a shadowy figure, aiming something metallic in his direction. He squeals loudly with a mixture of fear and warning. He bends down slightly, ready to leap forward as he aims, hoping the first shot will miss. He looks towards the man who asks why he isn't attacking for a moment, before another voice, feminine sounding this time, yells something out, he then sees another shadow move closer in a calming manner. 34370 backs up slightly, he growls lightly, before her scent reaches his nostrils, he calms down almost instantly as she seems to explain to the others of his friendly manners. He lightly coo's in response as she finishes her sentence, before calming down as everyone else does. He lightly jumps as Ori pulls the trigger of his MP7, only to hear a click, still, he remains tense and low on his four legs, eyeing Ori with an icy suspesion before edging a bit behind Jo'. He swiveles around in a circle, before tucking his legs underneath him, becoming rather drowsy from the warmth of the fire from over yonder. His beady eyes remain half-open however, his eyes lightly following the people that walk in front of him.
Alright, now 34370 should be present with the story, lol
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »
Hanson looks down to her handheld radio, hearing a grand old mess of what seems to be someone trying to send out a message. Due to the storm, it's almost impossible to make out, only the fact that it's definetely a human speaking into the radio is evident.

Guys, someone's trying to get a message through. The storm's causing to much interferance to make it out, but I think someone's in trouble out there and needs help.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 07:58:47 PM »
Beans repeats the message multiple times before giving up, hoping a for a response. He looks to Scruffy, and his awkwardly shaped bag.

What is that?

What, in my backpack?

No in yer fuckin' mother's ass. Yes in your backpack.

Hilarious. I got a tattooin' kit and some crystal.

Tattoos and crystal meth. Average biker.

And proud of it.

One thing led to another, and eventually Beans coaxed Scruffy into giving him a free tattoo. It was a simple cross with the names of Beans best deceased friends, a list of sorts, probably never to be finished.

Below the cross, the lists spanned downwards a few inches, 'Trunner, Janey, Paul, Foxtrot, Kingstone, Dallas.'

As more people would die, Beans planned on extending the list, but for now, it seemed rather complete, his new tattoo was on his left side, underneath his arm and moving down along his ribcage. He had to leave his shirt off, shivering in the cold as his tattoo set in.

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »
Beef sits against the wall  near Eli. He doesn't look well. He begins to scramble for his handheld radio, finding it he talks into it,

"Beans! Beans I need my rations, where are you?"

He listens to only hear static. cursing, Beef tossing his handheld to his side and slumps against the wall. He has some minor amounts of sweat on him.
"If horses could draw, they would draw their gods like horses." - Xenophanes

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »
Eli tries to calm Beef down as he stays close to him, looking at him with a rather concerned face

Whoa, calm down there Beef... What do you mean "Rations"? What the hell are you talking about?

Eli fears the worst, knowing of Beef's tendencies already...

Though quite a while passes before any signs of Antlions ocurrs, Beans and Scruffy would be able to hear a thumping in the ground as a group of Antlions approached their vehicle. The Antlions approach it carefully, catching the smell coming from the scattered remains of their fellow Antlion on the side of the car. A couple of them seem to believe the car to be at fault, as they do not fathom the idea of this object holding anyone inside it. They scratch and bite at the back of the Jalopy, moving it side to side. With a little luck, some torque from the vehicle would get it unstuck... But it runs the risk of bringing the horde of Antlions to the town.

The noises of windows cracking and wood breaking are still heard throughout Beles, it's clear it's not the wind. Some people might even be able to say that they hear a strange noise that resembles a person mumbling, perhaps even whining. The sounds seem to come from the old house that used to be the trader's outpost.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:39:28 PM by Elions »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »
Elions. Antlions dont have eyes. They navigate via scent, sound, and vibrations.

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 08:37:31 PM »
Beef stammers as he tries to concentrate and talk to Eli

"I-I need m-my 'cured' rations, I'm tr-trying to boot addiction.. I left them when th-the storm came.

Beef Holds his chest trying to keep his breathing normal while he has his panic attack.
"If horses could draw, they would draw their gods like horses." - Xenophanes

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 08:51:53 PM »
Beans pumps his shotgun, ejecting the used shell. He looks through the condensed windows, watching as the antlions shake his car, loosening him from the mud. He spins the keys in the ignition, revving the engine. His tires spray mud behind the car, and he slips through the mud, moving towards Belles.

Those things are followin' us.

So we lead them to water.

Beans' car roared down the road, instead of driving into Belles, he takes the detour to the flooded tunnels. Anyone in Belles would hear the muscle car roar by and the sound of an antlion herd stamping and flying by. Beans leads the herd towards the flooded tunnels, stopping short as he neared the water, hoping to send the flyers and less smart antlions into the water to drown.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »
Violet Collins

Violet looks down at beef. She becomes very concerned about his condition. Cautiously, she kneels beside him, looking at him with caring eyes.

"Hey. Hey buddy. You alright? What do you need exactly?" She lightly touches his shoulder, watching him carefully.

She hears the Muscle Car engine in the distance. She looks up briefly but ignores it, returning her focus on Beef.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2012, 09:59:43 PM »
Joanna walks next to Hanson after hearing him say something about the radio. She tries to check up on it for a moment, managing to hear part of a broken message from Beans through it just as Hanson said, she quickly sets up next to it, sighing and knowing what she "could" do to fix it

You're right... But i think i know how to clear up the signal. Just give me a moment.

She takes out the PDA that holds her AI, turning off the projector so that it's easier to hide "who" is really fixing the radio. Ruffling through her backpack for a moment she takes out an old adaptor cable, which easily connects the PDA to the radio. She types out a message into the PDA, expecting Darius to remain silent through all of this

[Can you clear this signal up?]

[I can try. But i can't promise anything, Joanna.]

The PDA creates a loud noise as Darius works on clearing up the signal. No signs of an actual "AI" showing to anyone even if they looked at the screen, Darius and Joanna being more than carefull to hide his presence from other people.

As Darius works on clearing up the signal, The roar of the Jalopy's engine passing by is heard throughout the Inn. Some of the Antlions getting lost in the echoes the Jalopy's engine does as it passes through. Leaving a few strays in the strees of Beles. The brunt of the Antlion horde however chases after the car. As it stops just barely avoiding falling down due to the mud. The antlions follow the echoes of the noise, which bounces off the rock walls of the Beles pass. Many of them flying off into what is their inevitable death by drowning, as Antlions cannot swim. Only two or so Antlions avoiding that fate as they focus on attacking Beans' car again. one of them scratching the front window with it's leg.

Eli's eyes widen as he sees the Antlions and the Jalopy pass by. Looking at the stragglers now searching the town for the source of their anger.

Shit-! Allright. Anyone without a gun needs to get in the Inn's basement. Now! Those Antlions could break in any second!

Joanna reacts, knowing that her brother has no firearm on him, she quickly tosses her 9mm to him, seeing as she has to oversee whatever Darius does with the Radio.

"Catch!-"

He manages to catch is as it's thrown to him, checking the ammunition in it quickly. Only one clip, but it should be enough for now

"I'm sorry Beef. But you're gonna have to find something to calm your impulses untill we can get those things cleared out. Anyone with a gun needs to stay here and help defend.

He tries to raise his voice, making sure everyone in the Inn hears him and his instructions clearly.

OOC:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Thanks for the heads up statua. I modified the last post and fixed up this one to reflect their lack of sight :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal