Author Topic: Tekel'Pakem's Authorization Application  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tekel'Pakem's Authorization Application
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:22:11 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Sexy Frog
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Knowledge of the hidden resistance base with the exception that almost all technology inside being removed. I simply want the space, not the tech.

Name: Tekel'Pakem
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Tekel’Pakem sighed gruffly as she trudged about the darkened sewers, her flashlight wrapped tightly in hand as she maneuvered along the sidewalks. Her eye darted precariously about the darkness as she swayed her light to and fro. She never did like the sewers. It was the first location she resided in when she had come to the City and received far more traffic that she would have initially thought. Her spot in a tucked away pocket of the sewers had led to the meeting of her only real friend in the City so far.

While being within this part of the City made her cringe, she was here for a purpose. Supplies for new creations are always in demand, and with her recent project, parts are something she needed. As she trudged through the darkness, she stopped at a ladder, flicking her flashlight off and tucking it into her coat pocket before gripping at the rungs. She hauled herself up with several irritated grunts. She disliked physical strain, but it was the only way to get onto the sewer catwalk. She finally reached the top, scrambling up before kicking onto the metal with an awkward landing and taking some effort to right herself.

Once she gained her footing, she shuffled off. While walking towards a nicely lit room, her mind seemed to flash backwards. She had met Doctor Sinclair not too long ago when he stumbled into her ‘hidden’ location. She gave a slight hiss of disdain at the notion. She had migrated there to be hidden and remain hidden, the humans seemed to stumble upon her like cockroaches. But this one was different. While normally, for the sake of her secrecy, she would either hide if not seen or lash out to keep herself unknown this one had something to offer. His coat alone was something to prove he was not exactly a loyalist, however she was still unsure about him. Part of her wanted to believe that she could trust him as there is always strength in numbers, however part of her screamed in protest, convinced that he may betray her.

Though never the less, he seemed eager to prove his worth to her. Perhaps it was also for the reason that she was ready to end his life with Vortessence in order to protect herself, but that hardly mattered at this point. Tekel’Pakem rolled her eyes as she finally made her way to the door at the end of the catwalk, jiggling it open and squinting in the poorly lit tunnel as the red emergency light dyed the hall red. She would have ended him had Ellie not been there. Ellie was the main reason that she even let up in her attack. While it was true, Tekel’Pakem was no murderer, she had to do what was necessary to survive. If anything she was highly against taking the life of others without proper reasoning but things change and adaptation is necessary to survive. Unfortunately, if taking the life of a human for the good of her survival was the cost, then so be it. However, this time she was weak. She let him live.

As the Vortigaunt’s instinct battled internally with conscience, she made her way down the hall unto the blast door before sinking her claws into a groove and peeling it back to shuffle in, letting it close behind her. The room was much better lit than the hall she had come from which caused her pupils to contract painfully, hissing lightly in discomfort. In his haste to prove his worth, he had set out on a mission seeing as Tekel’Pakem had mentioned her dire need of supplies. He would set out to find a nice source of materials. After several hours, he had returned looking rather pleased with himself when she let him in. Ellie stood beside Tekel’Pakem, scanning his face with an approving look about her as he avidly described a pair of vending machines down in the sewers that seemed to be in stellar condition. Being the only decently constructed technology away from the surface, this seemed the safest location to scavenge.

She walked to the balcony’s edge before gripping on the ladder, lowering herself to the bottom and landing onto the concrete causing her hooves to clop heavily from her weight. As she swept her gaze about, she stopped with a toothy smirk as she saw the pair of machines. Trudging over, she slid a hand across the far most machine, listening for a hum of electricity and frowning as she found it lifeless. With a shrug, she moved for the gap between the two machines before pressing her back against the right one. Pressing her hooves firmly on the ground she began to use her weight to push the machine at an angle to reveal the back portion. As it gave way from her shoving, she could make out the back grill of the machine being rusted enough for her to yank off.

Lifting a hand to the grill, she tugged at it several times before it finally fell off, spreading orange metal dust about the floor. Tekel’Pakem cringed at the rust now on the floor before letting the grill drop with a clank. Finally, she could gain some supplies; maybe Sinclair wasn’t a bad asset after all.

After little more than an hour had passed, she had collected all necessary parts from the vending machine and piled them near the edge of the gate. She moved the opposite side before shoving it back into place so that the machine looked relatively untouched as to not raise suspicion. She slapped her hands together to wipe off any metallic residue before moving to the other vending machine and pressing against it to repeat the motion. As she pushed, her leg muscles strained to move it though it would not budge no matter how much force she used. She backed away with a confused stare as she inhaled sharply before preparing her shoulder and charging at the machine, which resulted in a dull thud and a sore shoulder. She groaned a bit as she stepped back before narrowing her eyes.

It was rather odd that the other machine moved yet this one did not. Finally she shrugged her shoulders before making her way to the front of the vending machine. Perhaps it was simply bolted to the ground. She would simply use Vortessence to test the bulbs that illuminated the flavor choices. She had enough parts from the other Vending machine to make due, though small bulbs that were used in the Vending machines were rare finds and she needed them. The Vortessence would be a steady energy test to see how much power they could take without bursting.
She gave a wary glance up to the two entrances to her left before looking back to the machine and hunching her shoulders. She flexed her hands before lifting them allowing a green swath of energy to pool in her palms. As the seconds passed on, the energy grew brighter with a sparking texture to it as it buzzed angrily about her claws like an angry swarm of hornets. She leaned forward, pressing her hands against the vending machine face, turning her attention to the flavor choices to see how they illuminated as her energy began to flood from her into the machine.
She blinked inquisitively for a moment as she watched the choices slowly sputter to life and brighten over time, though still dim. Perhaps they could take more. She nodded at her decision before flexing her shoulder more as the Vortessence grew more intense and bright in her palms. Suddenly, what sounded like a deep click echoed from behind the machine. She gasped as she stumbled backwards, the Vortessence dissipating from her hands as she scampered out of the way of the machine, fearing it would explode. She should have considered the acceptable intake of the machine, how could she be so stupid!

As she hid behind the right most machine, she peeked over to see, off put by the sudden lack of an explosion. Her eye widened to the size of saucers as her mouth fell agape. The vending machine face swiveled open as a somewhat brighter light shined on the metal of the fence before the machine. Curiously, Tekel’Pakem shuffled towards it to poke her head to inspect its contents, expecting long expired beverages or simply an empty machine. As her eyes searched its interior, her toothy grin returned once more, a light of pure interest twinkling in her eye. She would have expected a lot of things, but never this. It may be time to move shop.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
~ A secluded, hidden location to work in peace.
~ Lots of space to hide, sleep and work.
~ Nestled within a low traffic area of the city.
~ Door entrance can be modified to only open with a series of buttons pressed, adding to security.

Defects
~ Technology within would be removed seeing as only the space is needed and there is no real IC basis for why the technology is in there.
~ Due to the various vantage points, spying is a danger.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Personally, I plan to use it as a place where my Vortigaunt can hide away and work on her projects in peace without being found by wandering citizens, which is a constant danger. With the technology being removed, she would be constructing the space from the ground up in order to start a small lab. With the electronic door, she can use her skills to modify it and only open when a series of buttons on it are pressed. The location also plays to a disadvantage due to there only being one exit and entrance, thus boxing herself in. Also, the other entrances leading to the hidden one can be creaked open to spy.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Elizabeth Williams (Toxic Zombie) and Dr. Sinclair (Yak) as they are my IC associates and thus upon finding this location, I would tell them.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):

Making this application for a couple of reasons. Number one being that I am highly against the base being free knowledge based. Seeing as it is a HIDDEN resistance base, it should only be known via application or being told by someone who has made an application. I don't think just waltzing up to the door and pressing a few button so it 'accidentally' magically opens and you are like "OMG SEKRIT BASE" is very fair nor realistic. Secondly, since obviously nobody uses the base to my knowledge, and most of the tech in there is total bull shit I can clear it out and start fresh with it and build it up.

Post Auto-Merged: March 04, 2013, 12:01:45 AM
Added Extra notes
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:49:51 PM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tekel'Pakem's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:49:36 PM »
I have no problems with this at all. I like the idea of Tekel using the space for things that aren't "omg lets make it into a rebel base". So consider this app supported.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:05:31 PM »
I've got no problems with this one either. Unless somebody voices a valid negative point to this application, it'll be accepted in 24 hours.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 03:49:33 PM »
I removed a defect. I was thinking of another version of industrial. Turns out there is another way out of the base.

>I'll never forget...

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 11:39:44 PM »
Right, so I'm guessing this is accepted?

>I'll never forget...

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 12:34:21 AM »
You gotta wait 4 hours silly. Then 24 hours will have passed by  :)

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 02:03:59 AM »
Accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal