Author Topic: Elizabeth Williams\'s Authorization Application  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Elizabeth Williams\'s Authorization Application
« on: February 27, 2013, 06:17:39 PM »
    Player Section

Steam Name: Toxic_Zombie
    How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 5+ Years
    How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Less than a year

Character Section

Authorization(s):
    Work Goggles
    Pair of Work Gloves
    Elbow and Knee Pads
    Tool Box
    • Phillips Head
    • Screwdriver
    • Flathead
    • Screwdriver
    • Hammer
    • Wrench
    • Pliers
    • Utility Knife (Box-Cutter)
    • Half a Box of Nails and Screws
    Blow Torch
    Grappling Gadget (Picture of the schematic)
    Metal Mask

Name: Elizabeth Williams
    Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
    Elizabeth chucked the wad of paper at the apartment wall, watching it bounce to the floor before turning back to her desk in frustration. The room was littered with balls of crumpled paper and drawings taped to the wall, all of which had some sort of crude drawing of a gadget on sketched across it. After letting out a long sigh, the black-haired girl tapped her pencil on the desk, letting her brain gather her ideas again before sliding a fresh piece of paper in front of her. The pencil revealed another schematic of a gadget, similar to the one plastered across the wall. Each piece of paper she drew on changed the device in some way, but none of them satisfied her. It was either to bulk or to loud or needed a power source. This wasn't like the old days where you could go and just buy the necessary parts and build something; anything that was to be made had to be composed of whatever could be scavenged. Liz couldn't just go out and acquire a DC motor or an air-soft gun. Her device needed to be simple, yet the idea was complex. A grappling gun, just like Batman had. But she couldn't make it like her hero, though, even if she did have the money. Something simple... Maybe a trip to the construction site would give her some new ideas. Besides, she needed to get a few things there if she was even going to work on the machine.

The construction site hadn't changed since she last visited. There has been a murder here a few days ago, which Elizabeth tried to investigate until a few units came by. She opted to watch the units from afar and check out the scene when they left. All that was left was a coffee thermos. It was her thermos now, although she kept the rag she cleaned the opening of the container with, just in case she ever acquired a high-tech machine that could analyze DNA. Ha, right. One can dream. As she searches around the ground, Elizabeth pulls out a piece of paper with a list of items on it. She shoves it back into her pocket after memorizing it once again. They didn't seem to impossible to find, just unlikely. Stepping over a fallen beam, Liz begins her search for the collection of items, not stopping until she locates each and every one.

Elizabeth let out a sigh of exhaustion, plopping down on the dusty ground, surrounded by her loot. It had taken quite a few hours, but she found everything she needed, even the blow torch. It was out of gas, but  she could modify a hose to fit onto the nozzle and use an oven to refill it. The toolbox was pretty rusty, but it was mostly cosmetic and probably wouldn't give out soon. Her say was a success, and it felt good to be tired. As she rested on the ground, her eyes happened to land on an oddly shaped object. She got up and walked over to it, realizing what it was as she got closer. It was a lifeline that construction and maintenance workers used to secure themselves when the worked up high. Elizabeth tugged the cord and let it go, watching it whiz back into its container. Suddenly, an idea popped into her head. She didn't need a motor to pull her around on the grappling hook, just a mechanism that was self-retractable. With a few modifications, she could get it to retract back and pull her to the claw of the grappling hook. Clambering over her new things, the excited girl went to go look for more parts to her new idea. She'd gather as much as she could so when she finished her sketches, everything would be in place so she could make it.

The claw of the grappling hook whizzed through the air, smashing onto the side of the concrete wall before plummeting to the ground with a clang. Elizabeth let out a frustrated grunt, pulling in the cord. The cord wound back up into her crudely modified glove, sending the claw back into her hand. She places the claw back on the cylinder spring gun, pulling the handle back so the spring that launches the claw locks back. Pressing on the trigger mechanism, the spring bounces forward and sends the claw flying through the air once again. This time it hits its mark, hooking onto the edge of the roof she was aiming back. Bracing herself, Elizabeth tugs the cord, feeling the excess cord beginning to curl back into her glove. She is pulled through the air as the cord runs out of extra line, a loud scream coming from her as she whirls towards the concrete wall. Her arm smashes into the wall, Elizabeth dangling far above the ground as she lets out a pained grunt before hoisting herself onto the roof. As she flops down onto her destination, she lets out a giggle. Kinks still needed to be worked out and she had to get used to it, but at least it worked. One step closer to Batman. When she got back to the apartment, Elizabeth began to fashion out a mask with pointy ears out of the scrap metal she had left. One step.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
    Perks
    Goggles
    Protects eyes from dirt and such
    Obscures face somewhat, making her a little harder to identity
    Fashionable

Pair of Work Gloves
    Protects hands from sharp objects and heat and such
    Increases grip somewhat
    Keeps hands warm
    Eliminates fingerprints
    Fashionable

Elbow and Knee Pads
    Protects elbows and knees from blunt force and scraping and such
    Reduces stress on body when working on hands and knees
    Fashionable

Tool Box
    Easy way to carry tools around
    Tools can be used to make and repair things

Blow Torch
    Weld things together
    Repair things

Grappling Device
    Access areas that might have been inaccessible before
    Become more vertically inclined
    Make escapes easier
    Be like Batman

Metal Mask
    Hide identity
    Protects face somewhat
    Fashioned so googles fit in eyeholes
    Fashionable

Defects
    Googles
    Obscures peripheral vision
    Cannot wear out of P3
    Can get dirty or foggy

Pair of Work Gloves

Bulky
    Inhibits full range of motion out of fingers
    Does not protect against most weapons
    Cannot wear out of P3 

Elbow and Knee Pads
    Bulky
    Inhibits full range of motion of knees and elbows
    Cannot wear out of P3

Tool Box
    Can be stolen and used against her
    Injuries more likely to occur
    Somewhat heavy
    Tools can get lost
    Contraband
    Tools not effective as weapons
    Bulky and annoying to lug around

Blow Torch
    Requires gas to work
    Contraband
    Could easily burn her
    Increases chance of injury
    Not an effective weapon

Grappling Glove
    Prone to breaking or malfunctioning
    Injury or death related to falling from heights, smashing into buildings and such
    Causes strain on arm
    Super contraband
    Requires a lot of maintenance and repair
    Can be stolen and used against her

Metal Mask
    Doesn't defend against any real damage
    Makes it easier to recognize from afar
    Contraband

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
    These items, besides the grappling glove, are to help further Elizabeth's ability to create and fix things. She can't really do much without some sort of proper tools, so these would be helpful, to both her and others. In such a dumpy place, things are bond to fall apart, so, with the tools, Liz can assist people by fixing them. She could also allow people to commission her to build certain things they need. I don't intend to use the tools as a weapon, as they are more useful as a tool, but if someone comes at her while she's working, don't be suprised if you get hit by a wrench.

As for the grappling glove, that's more for her pleasure than anyone else's. It's a means to get around in such a verticle map. Most of the time it's for just having fun and reaching new places to explore, but it can also be used to escape. It's also kinda wacky, which might cause some fun rp like "what's the thing on your arm" and "did the girl just fly up three stories?" Also because Liz loves Batman and wants to make as many as his gadgets as she can.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
    No.

Which server does this apply for?
    City

Extra Notes (optional):
    If the grappling hook gets authed, I'm not sure how I would oocly access the areas without an admin. I'm thinking I'll need special permission to prop jump, if that's okay. If not, we can work something else. I dunno.

Post Auto-Merged: February 27, 2013, 06:19:19 PM
    Whoopsie. Can I get permission to modify it? The coding didn't work for some reason.[/list]

Post Auto-Merged: February 27, 2013, 09:04:32 PM
    Modified to add coding
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:04:32 PM by Toxic Zombie »

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    Re: Elizabeth Williams\'s Authorization Application
    « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:10:52 AM »
    Was an interesting read. I guess this could be accepted, if others will agree.
    I have two questions you have to answer before I maybe give you my support, though.

How does your character plan on keeping all those items? You can't just walk around P3 or even into the Plaza, holding a toolbox in your hand. You don't need to tell the certain way of storing it as people would metagame it, just give us a hint.

Do you realize you'll not be able to get into all of the buildings, right? For example, most rooftops on the C17 map don't have anything like boundary stones, meaning you couldn't hook into those, and some of the window frames are too thick for the grappling hook to securely attach.

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 06:15:58 AM »
    Was an interesting read. I guess this could be accepted, if others will agree.
    I have two questions you have to answer before I maybe give you my support, though.

How does your character plan on keeping all those items? You can't just walk around P3 or even into the Plaza, holding a toolbox in your hand. You don't need to tell the certain way of storing it as people would metagame it, just give us a hint.

Do you realize you'll not be able to get into all of the buildings, right? For example, most rooftops on the C17 map don't have anything like boundary stones, meaning you couldn't hook into those, and some of the window frames are too thick for the grappling hook to securely attach.

Elizabeth will probably store everything in her apartment or any other secluded place she can find. She also has a backpack, so she can put the other stuff in there, although then she's at risk if someone steals it or a unit searches it.

And also, that's a good point. I'll make sure to look at the buildings closely so I don't start grappling where I can't actually grapple.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
    • Gold Member
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »
    I give my support. Toxic has proven herself able to handle such things time and time again.  I have full confidence in her RP skills and t hink she won't abuse this. Her application was good and well though out. Supports all around.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
    >I'll never forget...
    >Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 07:57:33 PM »
    I agree with Sexy Frog, it's quite a few things to ask for but the backstory is perfectly good enough and everything will create some really interesting passive RP if used well, so I give my support for this, as long as you won't be grappling around like spiderman~

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 10:50:24 AM »
    This has set for a few days and seems to have enough support anyway for acceptance. I'll go ahead and accept this.

Accepted. Locked. Moved.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal