Author Topic: Christopher Blake Authorization Application  (Read 4640 times)

Offline Jordan Freeman

• "JUMBO!"-Ben
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Christopher Blake Authorization Application
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:45:46 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [Rv] Jordan Freeman
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Over a year.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Over a year.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-A baseball bat
-Adept CQC/H2H combat
-Borderline Personality Disorder

Name: Christopher Blake
Affiliation: Anti-citizen

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

Christopher was about 8 when he was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, his parents had to give up weeks, months for his child to stay at the nearest 'crazy' hospital. When Christopher was 16, he killed a man, the very man that taught him all of his fighting skills back in the hospital. Christopher spent weeks, months trying to master the art, but he didn't get the full hang of it, but he learned how to handle himself better than others. He was sent to prison for 10 years. He was released at the age of 26, 2013. He tried to contact his family, begging for a place to say but they just neglected him. Christopher lived on the street for 6 months when he came across a gang, who took him on-board. They stayed on the road, in their camper van. Chris was living his dream, going around, causing disturbance, anarchy and arson to the streets.

He met a man named Jeremy, who taught him some more H2H combat, further enhancing his abilities. Everyday for about a year, they were fighting in the courtyard, trying to train Chris. After a year of training, Chris had finally mastered the adept training of CQC combat. His friend Jeremy was in his late fifties, he had been training most of his life in the army, learning CQC in case he got into any sticky situations, after he left the army he joined the Black Panthers gang. The training consisted of learning to trip people up in a fight, able to knock enemies out during combat.

When he reached the age of 28, he left the gang due to his mother getting back in touch with him, to try get him back into the hospital to help his diagnosis. He spent another year in the hospital, one day, on his Birthday, Chris decided to himself that he should have some sort of Birthday celebration, the doctor later walked into his room, holding a fruit bowl. Chris jumped out of the bead and slammed the door shut, he immediately grabbed the fruit bowl out of his doctors hands and smashed it against his skull, putting him into an unconscious state. He began to jump on the doctors face until it was a red mush, the hospital alarm went off and the whole hospital fell into chaos. Christopher left the hospital without a sweat, without any emotion. He continued to walk the path of the vile, rancid, psychotic murderer he is. He was later found by the police and was sent to jail for life. During his time spent in prison, by the date what Christopher presumed was 2015, lots of airships were flying over the prison, storms were shaking the ground, followed by explosions. Men in black robotic suits stormed the prison, killing anyone who resisted. They executed those that were too far gone, the "imperfect" as they put it, were the patients suffering dementia and other forms of metal illness. Christopher managed to slip by due to him underplaying his illness in front of the Union. The units gathered up all the prisoners, one by one and sent them off to be relocated to cities.

Chris was sent to City 45, his new home. He never learned how to behave, causing disturbance to the citizens, and the units. Christopher met one of his friends from the hospital, one of the survivors. The pair got up to trouble, they were mugging loyalists, beating people up for tokens and food. This went on for weeks, finally,  the CCA finally caught on and took Chris and his friend into the Nexus, Chris and his friend walked through the tall Nexus building, it was filled with long corridors, and all you could hear is the units footsteps on the sturdy glass. Chris was beaten, scars down his arms and cuts all over his head, the units shaved his hair and started playing around with their knew toy, which was a knife. Two days later, Christopher was released out into the public, and his friend was never seen again. 3 months later, Chris met a man with the nickname 'Toast', they related to each other, they had so much in common. He had access to certain weapons, such as a baseball bat and a knife. He took out a group of 4 anti-citizens to obtain the knife and the baseball bat. Chris tried to get close with the man, trying to bargain with him for the bat, but he wouldn't sell it. Chris didn't like that, so Chris decided to take him into a dark, secluded area of the city and gouged his eyes out. Chris continued to do so until there was no life left in the man. He grabbed the baseball bat from him, forgetting the knife, and he threw his corpse into the dumpster.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Borderline Personality Disorder - Giving my character more of an inner struggle, enhancing more interesting RP.

Baseball Bat - To further enhance RP, useful to wreck structures, and people... (not implying I go around killing everyone for lolz)

Defects

Borderline Personality Disorder - Chris will have to hide his illness in front of the CCA, as he may be marked us 'imperfect'.

Baseball bat - Chris will have to keep this hidden from everyone, apart from his fellow anti-citizens.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use my characters diagnosis to make RP more interesting, after all, Chris is on the border between neurotic and psychotic.
The baseball bat will be used to wrecking combine structures, general vandalism around the map.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
N/A

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional): This character will be PK'D upon this event.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:04:34 AM by Jordan Freeman »

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Christopher Blake Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 12:50:30 PM »
Give more details on how your character learned his fighting skills. I suggest adding another paragraph in to give specifics of his hand to hand training. Also give details on how the knife and baseball bat were obtained.

Offline Jordan Freeman

• "JUMBO!"-Ben
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 02:36:54 PM »
Give more details on how your character learned his fighting skills. I suggest adding another paragraph in to give specifics of his hand to hand training. Also give details on how the knife and baseball bat were obtained.

Edited it.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 11:28:38 AM »
I don't have any problems really, as long as you don't plan to go around stabbing everyone and beating everyone to death with a baseball bat with the excuse that you're psychotic. I'll leave this open for a few other admins to post their views.

Offline Jordan Freeman

• "JUMBO!"-Ben
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:24 PM »
I don't have any problems really, as long as you don't plan to go around stabbing everyone and beating everyone to death with a baseball bat with the excuse that you're psychotic. I'll leave this open for a few other admins to post their views.

The plan was to leave him for certain events, and just to hop on him once and a while. I won't be going around stabbing people nor beating them for my characters disorder, there will be a good reason if I do stab/beat anyone.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 04:40:21 PM »
I think it's weird that the backstory claims that the Union forces transferred criminals in former prisons to new cities, or that the hospital staff would let their patients teach each other in hand-to-hand combats, especially when you claim it to be a -crazy hospital'. But well, sometimes logic has to go aside when it comes to roleplay.
When I forget those two things - the authorizations you are asking for are too general. I want you to respond something like this before I can possibly give you my support as well. Write down what certainly do you plan your character to be capable of. Thanks.

Offline Jordan Freeman

• "JUMBO!"-Ben
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 04:50:57 PM »
I think it's weird that the backstory claims that the Union forces transferred criminals in former prisons to new cities, or that the hospital staff would let their patients teach each other in hand-to-hand combats, especially when you claim it to be a -crazy hospital'. But well, sometimes logic has to go aside when it comes to roleplay.
When I forget those two things - the authorizations you are asking for are too general. I want you to respond something like this before I can possibly give you my support as well. Write down what certainly do you plan your character to be capable of. Thanks.

I didn't exactly think that through, however if it does get declined I will write a more complex backstory which will make sense, haha.

As he was trained by a man who spent years in the military, I'd say he has a slightly higher level of CQC/H2H combat, he would be able to take more punches than the average citizen, throw more and stronger punches than the average citizen. He's not some pro who will go around beating/stabbing everything. He will most likely use his CQC/H2H combat to defend himself, although his bat would be used to damage structures, and his knife would be used for cutting people (would be properly RP'D, I'd also have a good reason for it too).

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »
These authorizations seem like you're trying to obtain a psychotic murderer character. BPD from what I know doesn't destroy the morality center in your brain.

While reading this and the circumstances of the authorization, I noticed your overall RP experience is a mere one year. As of now, I strongly disagree with this authorization. However, there is a chance I may change my mind. Here's what I would like you to do:

Rewrite the backstory, going into some extensive detail with parts of dialogue. I want to know more information. Make it like a short story. make it interesting. Normally with an authorization application, I wouldn't expect this but these circumstances are extraordinary and I want to test your RP skills on a Forum-Based level.

Offline Jordan Freeman

• "JUMBO!"-Ben
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 06:40:45 PM »
These authorizations seem like you're trying to obtain a psychotic murderer character. BPD from what I know doesn't destroy the morality center in your brain.

While reading this and the circumstances of the authorization, I noticed your overall RP experience is a mere one year. As of now, I strongly disagree with this authorization. However, there is a chance I may change my mind. Here's what I would like you to do:

Rewrite the backstory, going into some extensive detail with parts of dialogue. I want to know more information. Make it like a short story. make it interesting. Normally with an authorization application, I wouldn't expect this but these circumstances are extraordinary and I want to test your RP skills on a Forum-Based level.
I've been roleplaying ever since Dallas started roleplaying, which I presume is around a year. Judging by all the authorizations and characters he has, I think he's doing pretty good.

Also, it's not about a psychotic murderer, I was merely going to use the character for the event that is happening this weekend on the city, presuming I would be killed during it. If I was planning to have Chris as a long term sort of character, I would of wrote a lot more, in better depth explaining how he was diagnosed with his illness, how hard the struggle was etc.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:55:27 PM by Jordan Freeman »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 10:36:24 PM »
Alright well add that to your extra notes saying this character is mainly for the event and will be PK'd. Then I'm cool with it.

Offline Jordan Freeman

• "JUMBO!"-Ben
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 03:02:06 AM »
Probably should of made that a lot clearer, my apologies!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:10:24 AM by Jordan Freeman »

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »

I assume you mean the city map change event this Saturday.

Offline Jordan Freeman

• "JUMBO!"-Ben
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »

I assume you mean the city map change event this Saturday.
Yeah, that's the only reason why I want the character.
I was told there would be riots and stuff, hence the baseball bat.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 02:43:14 PM »
If this character is meant for the event and only the event and will be getting PK'd, I support this all the way then. It will be nice seeing characters, especially ones with some colour, getting killed or left behind.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 10:22:15 AM »
If the character is for the event only, I see no problem with granting it at all.

Definately support from me, aswell.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal