Author Topic: Gerald McCreary's Authorization Application.  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Calo Nord

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gerald McCreary's Authorization Application.
« on: February 11, 2013, 02:47:08 AM »
Steam Name: Calo Nord
How long have you been Roleplaying? (Can be any game): About two years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About one year.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-Several military field manuals
-A dull, slightly rusted combat knife (5 ½ in.)
-A Russian WW2 style combat helmet
-A deteriorated map of the Outlands area
-A broken compass
-A worn black Russian military style over coat
-A pair of worn combat boots
-A pair of binoculars (One scope is broken)

Name: Gerald McCreary
Affiliation: Neutral

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

Gerald was out hunting and scavenging out on a nearby mountain for anything he could gather to take back to the pass with him. He was trying to track a deer by following its hoof prints in the snow as he had seen a tribal so back at the pass. The deer’s faint tracks led Gerald down the slope of the mountain. As the tracks began to fade away in the heavy snow, Gerald noticed a small cave dug into the side of the mountain. He figured maybe a fox or a wolf must be inside the small burrow, using it as a shelter.

Gerald unslung his MP7 and flicked on the light attached to the side of it, aiming it down into the hole. He walked for a few seconds in a small, intricately dug tunnel before coming into a small room about four feet high and 6 feet and a half wide. He pointed his flashlight around, searching for any animals that might be inside. Instead he spotted several items lying about that caught his attention. There appeared to be two skeletal figures lying on the ground, a small broken lantern, an old-fashioned military styled radio, and a green duffle bag. 

He approached the skeletal remains of a human lying near the lantern. He examined it closely, noticing it had a long, black jacket and a badge around its neck. He looked over the badge, noting that it had a Russian name on it, and the date it was issued was 1943. Gerald figured they must have been Russian soldiers sent into Romania during their counter-offensive in World War 2 and he was in some sort of animal burrow they were using for shelter.  As he further examined the corpse, he found it had a rusted knife jammed in its side. He took the jacket the soldier was wearing and put it on, then took the knife and slid it into a side pouch on his backpack. Gerald moved to the next soldier and took an old Russian helmet it had on and placed it on his head. He noticed this one had boots on, which would be better for treading through the snow than the shoes he was wearing, so he put them on and laced them up. He felt a bit guilty about taking from the dead, but he decided he certainly needed it way more than they did.

Gerald looked crawled over the spot where the broken lantern was sitting, examining it. He didn’t really have any uses for a lantern so he left it. He looked to the left of it and noticed a piece of paper lying on the ground with a compass on it. He picked up the compass, noticing it was broken, but his shoved it into his pocket just because of how rare they were. He got closer the paper, aiming his SMG’s light at it, noticing it was a map. The legend was in Russian so he couldn’t make it out, but it looked similar to the pass. He came to the conclusion that this burrow must have been used for reconnaissance to mark Romanian troop locations. He folded the map and stuck it in the inside pocket of his jacket.

Gerald moved over to the military radio looking it over. It was one of those old radios soldiers carried on their backs. It was no longer in operating condition and too heavy for him to take back with him, so he decided to leave it. He crawled over to the tattered duffle bag, pulling it open and shining his flashlight inside. He found a busted pair of binoculars, placing them around his neck. He then saw a few old, thin, military-styled manuals with what appeared to be serial numbers stamped on them and large titles on the inside cover page. As Gerald flipped through them, he noticed most of them were written in Russian, of course, but he spotted a few that had English text. He opened the covers of the manuals and they read “Improvised Munitions”, “Booby-traps”, and “Survival”. They were written in English, so he figured this must be something the British or Americans provided to Russians to aid them. He took the manuals and placed them inside his backpack.

Gerald emerged from the small foxhole and made his way back around the mountain towards the pass, forgetting about the deer he was tracking considering he got much more out of his journey than he initially expected he would.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks:
Knife- If restored can be used for combat and general uses
Map- Can help navigate through the surrounding areas of the pass better
Field Manuals- Can be used to acquire knowledge of improvised weaponry/booby-traps/tactics
Helmet- Provides elemental protection (falls/debris) | Provides light protection from small arms (9mm, MP7)
Binoculars- Spot thing from far distances
Compass- If repaired, it can be used with the map to navigate through the surrounding area
Clothing- Provides elemental protection (Rain, Snow, etc.)

Defects:
Knife- Unsuitable for combat in current state | completely useless unless repaired
Map- Outdated | Some parts of the map are faded out | Can be ruined it soaked
Field Manuals- The information is outdated | The materials needed are rare
Helmet- Cannot withstand constant fire | Cannot withstand heavy weapons fire (Shotgun, AR2)
Compass- Unusable in its current state | requires someone who understands how to repair it
Binoculars- One scope is cracked and unusable
Clothing- Offers no protection against physical attacks | Likely to degrade from usage

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan on using them to provide better protection for my character. I want to use the manuals to give my character knowledge to aid him in combat. It would also be interesting to search for someone who can repair and restore some of the broken equipment. I would also have the new RP of having to maintain my apparel over time.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
If anything here seems overpowered or anything like I’ll try to edit it as best I can.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:28:06 AM by Calo Nord »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gerald McCreary's Authorization Application.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:09:16 PM »
I think you've done good job at balancing the perks with defects, and I don't see any problems with accepting your application. I'll leave that to another super admin, just to be sure it's all right.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gerald McCreary's Authorization Application.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »
I see no problems here, and I don't think anyone else will either. I'll go ahead and accept this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal