Author Topic: Jennifer Hanson's Application  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jennifer Hanson's Application
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:00:40 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Lone Wanderer – finals yay
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Awhile. This number always escapes me.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Over two years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Items within the following list. Conditions, pieces, parts, amounts, etc will be described in the backstory section, because that seems like a good place:
*AED
*IV Set
*Collection of Blood Bags
*2 Liters of medical grade disinfectant
*First aid kit
*Other misc. supplies listed (Items that survive in italics!)

*The location of a broken down ambulance. 

Name: Jennifer Hanson
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Three days out from Ineu Pass, and already the signs of true wilderness were setting in. No one really lived in this portion of the region outside City 45. Most of the refugees from the area stayed inside the Ineu Pass and valley region, straying away from the more flat regions. Why? Hard to tell. There was plenty of good spots to create refugee based communities, as well as bases of operation for the human resistance. If the availability of space wasn’t enough, there was bound to be a good amount of supplies there as well. All that was what Jennifer Hanson thought as she and three others hiked nearly seven miles north of Ineu in search of supplies.

The gang was a rather special one, at least in regards to their individual talents. The head of the excursion, Jennifer Hanson, was used to exploring more exotic locations since the occupation of Earth by the Union, and had some experience dealing with the different dangers of the Outlands. Jonathon, the group’s muscle, had experience in combat, and was prepared to engage when needed, but also ready to transport any excessive or large amounts of supplies. McKayla, the expedition’s medical officer, was a trained trauma surgeon before the war, and equipped and ready for any emergencies. And finally, there was Ron, the general purpose mechanic of the group. He was there to make use of any strange equipment, see what was worth salvaging versus collecting and trading in the state it was in. They were prepared to scavenge, and ready for anything. Well, almost anything, that is…

The first few days of the trip went smooth, well, at least in regards to the latter part of the expedition. The group met around a mile from the ‘border’ of Ineu pass to the outer regions, about two miles away from the location known to the refugees as ‘Belles Town’. They set off immediately into the snowy wastes, hiking over the mountain and into the flatter forest regions below. Over the course of the first two days, they fought cold, unforgiving weather in the forms of wind, snow and ice. Fighting the freezing weather, they moved as quickly as they managed to, but were stopped on many occasions due to the conditions before them. Finally, however, they arrived at an old road, a highway, possibly. This made it easier to some extent for their travels. That is, until they arrived at the ‘Leftin ?i U?or’ gas station....

“Hey Ron , what’s the hold up in there?” Jennifer asked as she shuffled into the broken down station, closing out the rush of cold air from the blizzard outside. The station was rather run down and filled with dust and cobwebs. A small trash can fire occupied the center of the building, and was surrounded by various camping materials. Jennifer narrowed her eyes as she looked to the garage adjacent to the building, shaking her head as she walked over.

The garage was equally run down, and had two broken down vehicles inside it. One being a rusty ambulance and the other being a beaten up blue van from the 70’s. Hanson walked up the back of the van, pounding on it a few times before crouching down to get a view underneath it.

“Hey, Ron. How’s it going down there?” she asked once more.

A few bangs could be heard before a man’s face came into view as he rolled along the floor underneath the vehicle. He was a balding white male in his late forties, and was wearing a worn white t-shirt, a leather jacket over his waist. In his right hand, he held a rusting ratchet, and a sweaty, greasy rag in his hand.

“I’m almost ready. Just touching up a few things, mainly making sure it’s as secure as possible. Getting this thing through the snow alone is going to be tough. Making repairs out there’s gonna’ be next to impossible” the man said in a stern voice.

Jennifer nodded, “Right, well I’ll let you finish up then. I’ll finish gathering the last of the supplies and get McKayla and Jon ready to move.”

Jennifer walked away towards the backroom of the garage as Ron slid underneath the van once more, working away at its underbelly. As she reached the backroom, she entered to see a rather short woman with red hair stitching a wound along the left shoulder of a massive, muscular man. The large man bit his lip as the woman stitched and cleaned the wound, with Jennifer leaning in the doorway waiting patiently.

“Guys, finish up in here and pack up your stuff. We’re going to be heading out any moment now” Jennifer spoke in an average tone, observing the pair with some interest. The large man remained silent, while the woman turned to the doorway and nodded before returning to her work. Hanson turned, strolling outside. She looked to the van, along with a few boxes of supplies sitting next to the backdoors of the vehicle.

“I sure hope we make it there in one piece…”

It was a few hours out from the garage down the icy, snow-covered road. Ron was driving, with McKayla taking shotgun as Jennifer and Jon watched the three brown footlockers full of supplies obtained from the gas station and the surrounding stations. In one box, there was a few dozen bags of freeze dried food, three two liter bottles of Coca-Cola, some metal water canteens, and a few assorted magazines and puzzle books. In the next box, a pre-war computer lay stashed away along with its monitor. In the third box, there were some medical supplies obtained from the broken down ambulance.

The materials from the ambulance included a full first aid kit, un-opened. It also contained two sets of IV tubing and needles, along with a single, working IV pump (No IV rack, however). Along with the IV supplies, a two liter bottle of local, Romanian medical grade disinfectant which contained just over a liter of its original capacity was stashed carefully. A small, black box contained a couple dozen fresh blood bags, and it sat next to an AED unit. Now, the AED unit was not perfect, however. The vocalizer for commands could only speak in Romanian, and the screen for written instructions was non-functioning. Also, a single, small crack went across the top cover of the unit, exposing it to the elements (The device can still activate and administer full shock abilities, though).

After a few more hours driving along the rough roadways around the pass, the group finally arrived to an area that seemed fitting for passage into the valley. As Ron hooked a left along the road, the unthinkable happened. A large, galloping sound came echoing through the tree line, eventually revealing an antlion guard along with a small pack of the lesser soldiers. They were headed straight for the vehicle, and clearly had the edge in the snow over the rugged, old van.

“Antlions, and they gaining on us, fast!” Jonathon shouted as the van sped through the tunnel as fast as possible in the icy conditions. Jonathon gripped his shotgun as Jennifer pulled out her 9mm SICP, taking aim as Jonathon swung open the backdoors. The two fired at the pack, only taking a few as they approached the opening of the tunnel into Ineu. Suddenly, the guard roared out, charging forward in a fit of rage.

“Brace yourselves!” Jennifer yelled as the antlion guard smashed into the van at the entrance of the pass…

*See extra notes for my plan in regards to the ending of this tale*

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks

*The medical supplies are supposed to help circulate some actual, useful supplies into the Outlands through the Clinic. The supplies will help create some more in-depth medical roleplay, and create some cool roleplay that usually isn’t available there as well (AED, IV system).

*The supplies in italics are merely there to add some more passiveRP to the community in the outlands. I hope you guys can figure out ways to RP with those supplies.

*The location of an ambulance is to help Statua with his roleplay development of Violet and her handy van (or is it a truck? Who knows!). I’d merely be passing the location onto him, leaving him to get auths for the materials obtained from such a vehicle.

Defects

*Obviously, not all the materials are in prime condition. The AED is barely holding on as it is, and it could be said similarly for the IV pump. Also, the materials are not 100% clean, so people could obtain diseases from using them.

*Oh, and people need to have the knowledge to use them. They only have the materials!

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?

*I plan to circulate this stuff to the Outlands community, keeping none for myself. The medical products will be given to ‘Old Man’ Henderson (Juggernaut) and Violet Collins (Statua) for their uses in the clinics and such. The food, drinks, books and such will also be given to them so they can be given to people for RP purposes, as well as making sure they legit eat/drink ICly.

*Oh, and by the way, all the boxes make in the end except the PC one. It'll catch on fire in the end :P

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

*People have been explained in the above post.

Which server does this apply for?

*Outlands.

Extra Notes (optional):

*I’d like to create an event for the ending of the story that occurs on the server itself. If some admins could talk to me about that, I’d like to get it sorted out so there can be some immersion and involvement of the player base for their new toys.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jennifer Hanson's Application
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:32:19 AM »
I like it and I don't really find any faults - would like the opinions of some other administrators first, however

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:44:37 AM »
I cant really give any support as I'm involved but one point in regards to the event; If we're bringing in an antlion guard, I will slay any administrator who spawns a guard NPC. Those things are impossible to RP with and are a complete waste of ammunition.

I suggest someone make an antlion guard character and maybe spawn a few antlion NPC's.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:26:48 AM »
I already have a guard so its ok

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 10:46:32 AM »
Yeah, the event would only have the guard in it, as the actual pack of antlion soldiers was not that large to begin with, and taken care of in the tunnel.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 01:37:29 PM »
I don't have any problems, as long as you RP your materials running out over time. Such as your 2 liters of disinfectant. Every time you use it, you need to ICly lose it. I can't last forever. Same with your AED. It runs off of a charged battery. Once the battery is dead, you'll either have to find a way to recharge it (with an electrical source) or dispose of it. Pretty much all of your supplies need to have a limit. Every time you use something, there's no going back (i.e. you can't use a blood pack, then try to refill it in some way to get it back ICly).

I'll leave this open until 6pm GMT-5 tonight for anyone who opposes this to voice their opinion, otherwise, its acceptable.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 03:40:47 PM »
My only problem with this is you finding fresh blood bags - They wouldn't be fresh - blood doesn't keep for particularly long just bagged in an ambulance.

IMO - Keep the bags, lose the blood inside and gain some needles/syringes and stuff to get blood out - though you will need knowledge of finding out what blood type people are and so forth for getting blood out.
what

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 04:26:01 PM »
Honestly, you may want to just cut the blood out entirely. I don't personally have THAT big of a deal with you having the blood bags and I know you're capable of handling the stuff you're asking for, but anything organic you would have found like that would have likely decayed to a point to where its more harmful than anything else.

I'm not in the business of killing what could be good RP over something that could be worked around though. Still, as long as you RP everything as it should be RP'd (and you'll be monitored) I have no real issues.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 05:03:21 PM »
Forgot to mention, blood bags aren't stored in ambulances. At least not with the RHA (Manitoba health care system) They just pump you with fluid till you can get to a hospital.

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:41:58 PM »
Poor wording on my part. The bags are empty, not filled with blood. And yes, I'm fully aware of their useage abilities, and I'll be sure to communicate that with Juggernaut, because he'll be the one who will end up receiving these supplies along with any other Clinic personnel.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 01:14:43 PM »
I guess you can have empty bags then?... I don't know what good those would do, as blood donors in the Outlands would be silly, since people are barely surviving as it is, losing a pint of blood is the last thing they need.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 02:49:39 PM »
Losing a pint of blood isn't going to harm you as much as you think. Its not like you get weekly blood loss events. I think there's a blood donor clinic starting. Not necessarily sure what its status is though.

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »
Henderson ICly asked her to find some. Any applications of such a system is obviously more advanced then simply getting them, which is the purpose of this application.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 05:04:09 PM »
Seeing a lot see's this acceptable I'll accept it on the following:

*AED - Sure. A bit damaged as you said yourself, remember to notisfy those you give it to about it. If it's rp'd completely fixed I'll make sure it isn't going to last long.
*IV Set - Sure.
*Collection of Blood Bags - Sure. The bags themself are empty. You would have to collect the blood IC on the server. Good idea to get help with this. (Statua.)
*2 Liters of medical grade disinfectant - Sure. Remember whenever you use them, to cut out a bit on them. Don't want them to be everlasting.
*First aid kit - Sure.
*Other misc. supplies listed (Items that survive in italics!) - Sure.

Application is Accepted - locked - moved.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal