Author Topic: OCRP2 Update 11  (Read 6801 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
OCRP2 Update 11
« on: May 26, 2013, 02:51:04 AM »
Update 11 is going live. Included in this update are various updates to the Tow Truck system, repair system, and a few additions to other systems.

This update combines the two servers into one. The one server is the same IP as the former OCRP2 server and has 60 slots, 5 of which are for admins.

The following are the major parts of the update:
- Added F3 when in tow yard to issue a tow order for a vehicle. Max of 1500 to be charged to players. Similar to police tickets.
- Added body armor to police at level 3, and increased it with each level.
- Added a small amount of body armor to the mayor
- Moved grabbing ear anim from typing to when on the phone or talking on radio
- Modified jail when arrested with a warrant. Changed it to 1.5 instead of 3 times the length and doubled bail.
- Upped police playtime requirements. Doubled each time requirement.
- Increased pay, added pay scale to police, and added pay incentives to all jobs not citizen
- Change the repair NPC to only work for tow drivers
- Lowered citizen pay to only pay every other government check
- Fines/Tow Orders can be paid from the bank if your wallet does not have enough money.

The following is the full changelog:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Changelog - Post 10.10 Release (Release version: 11)
- Added logging to the  demote and blacklist functions of FSA and the GS
- Added logging to revivals, full deaths (respawns after deaths), and seperated punching from normal deaths
- Added F3 when in tow yard to issue a tow order for a vehicle. Max of 1500 to be charged to players. Similar to police tickets.
- Added body armor to police at level 3, and increased it with each level.
- Added a small amount of body armor to the mayor
- Added voice chat blacklist and muting
- Moved grabbing ear anim from typing to when on the phone or talking on radio
- Fixed binoculars not always working.
- Modified the citizen kevlar a bit. It is now less OP.
- Modified jail when arrested with a warrant
- Upped police playtime requirements. Doubled each time requirement.
- Recruits cannot pull a vehicle unless vip/gold
- Seperated dialogue for people who can get dodge
- Increased pay, added pay scale to police, and added pay incentives to all jobs not citizen
- The kevlar will only appear on citizens, not on SWAT or any other job
- Change the repair NPC to only work for tow drivers
- Fixed SS siren
- Lowered citizen pay to only pay every other government check
- Fines/Tow Orders can be paid from the bank if your wallet does not have enough money.
- Dead people can't hear live people talking.

This update will be live when the server reports version 11. As always please report all bugs in the Bug Report section.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:47:22 AM by Koen »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP2 Update 11
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 09:56:20 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like having 60 players on a map the size of that in OCRP2 is a bad idea... Houses and places to grow will be first come, first serve and all high paying government jobs will be the same. Not to mention the high volume of traffic causing chaos on the roads and everywhere else. More going on in the server also seems to cause more lag problems for players. Is combining the servers into one really that good of an idea?

We barely had enough players to fill 45 slots if we combined both the servers. It was useally 30 on one server, and 15 on another, at max.

We'll see how this works out, and there's a huge peak in players, the second server is just there, ready to be started again.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 11:16:23 AM »
Space isnt what im worried about. Im worried about massive fps lag because OCRP2 isnt pollished and it cant be due to the mass amount of entities etc.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 11:18:40 AM »
Wasn't there a rule on the OCRP about not being able to charge people for towing as it is a government job and that's what they get payed for?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 12:02:02 PM »
Wasn't there a rule on the OCRP about not being able to charge people for towing as it is a government job and that's what they get payed for?

This time it's a part of the script to charge people for reparing their vehicles.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline The Dude

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »
Nice. So now it'll be even more difficult to get my car repaired. What's the point of spending all my $ on a car if it will just be broken all the time?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 03:32:02 PM »
Nice. So now it'll be even more difficult to get my car repaired. What's the point of spending all my $ on a car if it will just be broken all the time?

The only way your car would actually break down, would be if you hit into walls (as in your driving is shit), or if your vehicle gets shot.

The only way your vehicle would get shot, is if you're running from police (which means you've done some crime rp which is then your own fault), same goes for a civilian shooting it in a raid or something, or if a minge shoots it. 3rd option is against the rules, so you can always request a ban on that.

I don't mean to sounds harsh or anything, but if you're constantly doing Crime RP and running from the cops so your vehicle gets shot, it's truly your own fault and you should find something else to do.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 03:57:01 PM »
Or if some jackass decides to go head on with you in a muel. Or you drive through fire.

If someone shoots your car for no legit reason, report it and if an admin is online, he/she can repair it for you.

Back on topic

I have 2 questions:

1. Now that the talking hand is removed, is there something else to indicate someone is talking? Its extremely important for RP and stuff like people going "Y U SHOOT I WAS TYPING"

2. This new tow thing. What if there's no towtruck driver on? Now people cant even RP push their car to get fixed.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 04:39:35 PM »
Or if some jackass decides to go head on with you in a muel. Or you drive through fire.

If someone shoots your car for no legit reason, report it and if an admin is online, he/she can repair it for you.

Back on topic

I have 2 questions:

1. Now that the talking hand is removed, is there something else to indicate someone is talking? Its extremely important for RP and stuff like people going "Y U SHOOT I WAS TYPING"

2. This new tow thing. What if there's no towtruck driver on? Now people cant even RP push their car to get fixed.

It still shows "Typing..." above your head, like it has always done :)

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 05:42:12 PM »

The only way your car would actually break down, would be if you hit into walls (as in your driving is shit), or if your vehicle gets shot.

The only way your vehicle would get shot, is if you're running from police (which means you've done some crime rp which is then your own fault), same goes for a civilian shooting it in a raid or something, or if a minge shoots it. 3rd option is against the rules, so you can always request a ban on that.

I don't mean to sounds harsh or anything, but if you're constantly doing Crime RP and running from the cops so your vehicle gets shot, it's truly your own fault and you should find something else to do.
This is how it would go in theory. OCRP never happens this way. I would say my car gets broken at least once a day. It's already a HUGE hassle to get it to the repair place since there are RARELY towtruck drivers. Before I had 2 options: 1. Wait for a towtruck or 2. Risk getting in trouble by an admin for pushing my car there.
Usually it's option 2.
I think my car has only been disabled once by a cop shooting it. At least 3 times from random minges (whom I never see because they do it when I'm not around.), and at least twice from random car bombs (which still aren't against the rules for some fucking reason).

Now, we have to wait for a tow truck driver to actually get on and actually do his job correctly.

I miss repair wrenches...

Offline Lucky3lion ?3

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »
You're in a car, you can't see the officer has "TYPING" above his head, and he doesn't say anything, he just stares into your soul, then what do you do if he's a slow typer? YOU CAN'T TELL IF HE'S A TYPER OR NOT

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 05:52:15 PM »
Karma's intention was to support and raise the intention of becoming a towtruck driver.
But this update only raises the DEMAND for them. Not a single reason to actually become one yourself.

This is why hotfix 11.1 should happen: "Citizens can now use the repair NPC again, but only if no towtruck driver is on. If there is one, you can only let him repair your vehicle."
Please make this happen.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 05:58:50 PM »
Karma's intention was to support and raise the intention of becoming a towtruck driver.
But this update only raises the DEMAND for them. Not a single reason to actually become one yourself.

This is why hotfix 11.1 should happen: "Citizens can now use the repair NPC again, but only if no towtruck driver is on. If there is one, you can only let him repair your vehicle."
Please make this happen.

Considering towers can now charge 1500 for a fix (which was the price before as well), and then pay 1000 to fix it after the citizen has payed, I'd say that makes it worth it.

With that being said, I thought of the same thing you suggested, but I'm not sure.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »

Please make this happen.

Considering towers can now charge 1500 for a fix (which was the price before as well), and then pay 1000 to fix it after the citizen has payed, I'd say that makes it worth it.

With that being said, I thought of the same thing you suggested, but I'm not sure.
This is why it's an incentive, along with the increased pay. And if it gets added for citizens to use it again, the cost will increase to offset the fact it should only be tow truck drivers doing it. Thats an IF it gets added.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: OCRP2 Update 11
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 06:22:44 PM »

Please make this happen.

This is why it's an incentive, along with the increased pay. And if it gets added for citizens to use it again, the cost will increase to offset the fact it should only be tow truck drivers doing it. Thats an IF it gets added.
That is a good idea actually. Make the price of getting it fixed by towtruck driver variate between 1000 and 1500, and make it 2000 for citizens, and only if no towtruck driver is on.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal