Author Topic: CommanderChassis game - WIP  (Read 1555 times)

Offline testing

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
CommanderChassis game - WIP
« on: July 12, 2011, 01:27:55 PM »
Here's the current game I'm working on. I did this all one morning when I woke up with that programming urge, and haven't touched it since. I thought maybe if people saw it and posted feedback, it might encourage me to work on it again.

The concept of the game is actually a *complete* ripoff from a game called Chassis Commander, made by Zorba, I think, from Mandible Games [ here ]. I lack the creativity to think of an original idea, so I find it challenging and fun to re-create others' work for myself.

I took all the sprites from that game and incorporated it into my game. I didn't touch any of the code, so all the code is mine.

And yes, it is a work in progress. Currently have to re-write a lot of the code to change the bullets vector2 into a float so I can use the same angle calculation I used for the player crosshair... Thought I'd share it in stages :P

In the zip is a source folder so you can criticize my bad coding, add onto it yourself, etc etc, or you can just open the .exe in the other folder. Made in C# using the XNA framework [4.0].

Here's a screenshot [scaled by 50%]:

And since it's over twice the upload limit on here, here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l5qvr4ayyg36ddo/CommanderChassis.zip
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:32:23 PM by testing »

Re: CommanderChassis game - WIP
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
This looks a bit Interesting :D
YAY -GMR- Love it!

Offline testing

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CommanderChassis game - WIP
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 08:15:37 PM »
Thanks ^.^ going to work on the bullets and then add in some stationary enemies to kill while I learn how to do rudimentary AI, lol. I'm having too much fun on GMR to get the motivation to revisit this project though :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal