Author Topic: My personal map  (Read 8919 times)

Offline Highdef

• View Profile
    • Awards
My personal map
« on: July 03, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »
Hi guys,

So basically, I call this one rp_sector7. It's not really much right now, but I have like, 40% of this map done anyways. I actually started this map a year and a half ago, and dropped it from the train station, then picked it back up last month, and made the plaza and more crap.

Now, I'm just slowly continuing this, and this is what I currently have done:

• Train station
  • Train station Nexus part
  • Plaza
  • 1 CCH
  • Like five different stores
  • Nexus inner and outer lobby with an airlock connecting them both

Hopefully I'll add in a slums or a sort later on, then finish the interiors of the 2nd CCH, and the whole Nexus. This is what I have so far.

Train station:

Plaza:

Some interiors:

Nexus and other combine architecture:

Click the thumbnails to see the full-size images, which is obviously better. Sorry, but these forums kept cutting the full-sized off.

Keep in mind that this isn't even half-way done, but some suggestions would be useful. I've also included HL2 Beta propaganda posters within the map as well, some featuring the original Consul, Lenin, etc.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:35:34 PM by Highdef »

Offline Geno

• Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My personal map
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 06:48:52 PM »
Map looks pretty good, hope you finish soon.

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 06:50:58 PM »
When you finish, can we use it on the server if RoflWaffle allows us?

I. HATE. BRONIES. Bronie haters will rule the earth some day.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 07:22:34 PM »
When you finish, can we use it on the server if RoflWaffle allows us?
It might not be fit for our RP. Not entirely sure how many stores and whatnot he's going to have. However, if it works, we could use it.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 12:10:32 PM »
Well, if I figure out how to make an rp map, I might get back into going to Source SDK to make rp maps and share with the world, or just for the server (wish I remembered what name I needed to give to an entity to make it to where the map can't be stolen from a .zip file or something along those lines). If I do go back into map making though I need to know about this: When making a map and what not when it's made, the server sets up what doors are ownable and what not yes? If that is so then I've spent a lot of time worrying over nothing. I might also have to set it up to where it's Gmod and with the RP gamemode or something, I don't really know since I've never made a map for gmod. I realize that if I were to put NPC's around the map however that I would have to know the script for OCRP (which I don't even code at all) so I would assume that the server would also have to do that. Meh, I might as well  see some tutorials or something on youtube to see if I can get good at making maps again.
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 09:23:55 PM »
Statua, if the map is good for RP, isn't there some way you can merge what AcornMan has so far with the current HL2RP map that you're making?

P.S I'm not a mapper so I don't know shit.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 11:41:43 PM »
The only way you can tell if a map is good for hl2rp or not is actually going in the map and checking out the layout of the map as well as versitility and size. Those all factor as to how fun a map is and how useful it is.

A small straight road with a few stores and maybe a hidden area isn't good to rp with. Sure it looks awesome and have everything a map needs including a nexus but it won't be very fun.

Now, a map with a large, semi complex main area (such as the L shape of c18 and the Y shape of c45) makes for more fun as well as another area away from the main area for webulz makes the map useful.

A map that's too complex with a mesh of streets such as venatian makes it more difficult to navigate and see things. It also makes it hard for players to find and interact with eachother.

Lots of things go into a map that a player doesn't know about. But they do notice it in game.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 12:35:17 AM »
Looking pretty nice.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 12:01:22 AM »
I know this is a few days apart from the most recent post, but I'm NOT the map maker in this thread, sorry if you misunderstood about what I was talking about, I had only been asking about stuff. I don't think that Valve will have Source SDK out for Mac very soon (if at all), so I might not go back into map making, it all depends on whether they do make it dl-able for Mac. I was asking about if the server had to manually add the NPCs and the door ownability before in my post on this and I think that I was right in thinking they had to be manually done. Again, sorry for the lateness in posting this.
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

Offline Highdef

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »
The door own-ability and shit is done by the game mode.

Offline Highdef

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 12:49:10 AM »
Finished the 2nd CCH.

(first floor, not gonna take screenies of the rest)

---------------------------------------

Also, could someone move this over to the HL2RP General section or something? I feel like this would be better suited there. Or I could just wait it out and make a new thread after I finish a lot of the stuff here.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
Finished the 2nd CCH.

Also, could someone move this over to the HL2RP General section or something? I feel like this would be better suited there. Or I could just wait it out and make a new thread after I finish a lot of the stuff here.
Change the material of the floor to an unbroken tile floor. The CWU would at LEAST fix the floors of a major housing complex.

Offline Highdef

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 10:00:16 PM »
Finished the 2nd CCH.

Change the material of the floor to an unbroken tile floor. The CWU would at LEAST fix the floors of a major housing complex.

I don't think the combine would really care much about cleanliness in citizen blocks.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 12:23:44 AM »

I don't think the combine would really care much about cleanliness in citizen blocks.

Civil Workers do. Not cleanliness btw, just maintenance.

Offline Highdef

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 01:06:31 AM »

Civil Workers do. Not cleanliness btw, just maintenance.

Keep in mind this map isn't specifically made for this community, I'm just doing it out of my own free will. Supposedly, this map would take place somewhere in City 17, and if you looked in the first part of HL2, in the apartment complex, everything was completely trashed in there. That included broken walls, furniture stuffed in the stair ways, etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal