Author Topic: [DENIED] Kuro Akai's Civil Authority Application  (Read 2594 times)

[DENIED] Kuro Akai's Civil Authority Application
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:19:28 AM »
Kuro Akai's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: sarge60,Ҳ-๖ۣۜҚill.|Zero X(my current steam nickname)

IC Character Name: Kuro Akai

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Kuro Akai originally wanted to join the Combine Civil Authority for only one purpose:revenge.However,he longs for a better life more than anything.Even though his friends and family died because of them,he can't help but want something better.Not only for himself,but for other people as well.He seen how cruel the combine can be.But he has also seen that they are not all bad.True,most of them are indifferent to humans,but there are some who recall their roots and wish to better the lives of ordinary citizens.Kuro wants to become that kind of officer.

He was born under incredibly difficult circumstances.The day of the Black Mesa incident,when the suppression fields were not up yet,his mother birthed him into a very loving family.Even though the joy did not last very long,it was there,for a time.All he can remember about those first moments were his mother and father dying to protect him from the combine.And the rage.The rage of the combine,the father and the mother.They were killed right in front of him and yet he still longs for something better now,even more than revenge.

However there's one thing that truly inspired him to become a combine.One late afternoon a thief stole some CWU branded lemonade from a woman.One of the combine saw it and chased after the man.The man ran with all his strength and tried to escape by running into D6.He ran up the drained sewer canal and tried to jump on one of the shipping containers.However,he slipped and was falling head first onto the ground.But the combine caught him by the leg and pulled him up.A CCA officer actually saved the life of a citizen.The man not only became a loyalist afterwards,he was one of the most upstanding citizens.Wanting to inspire somebody like that,Kuro wants to put revenge behind him,he really does.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
-Resolute
-Never gives up
-Very Lawful
-If you earn his trust,he can and will give his life to you
-Helpful
-Very respectful
-Knows not to get over his head
-Keeps his heart full of passion and his mind icy cold
-Protects that which he believes in
-Logical
-Practical

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Well for me,I feel like this would help expand my role-playing opportunities quite a bit.Being a citizen was only step one to develop my RP better even though I have been RP'ing for quite a long time(3 years)
As for my character:
He expects the CCA to be strict,harsh and frightening.He thinks that making a mistake could be fatal to his position or even his life.That's why he would always be respectful to his superiors,lest he get punished.The road will be long and tough but he always knows his limits.He knows that he will need to learn a lot,observe his superiors.Truly,he would much more power than the common citizen and could strike pure fear into their already crumpled up hearts.And while he could rule the citizens with fear,that does not mean fear does would rule him,as well.
His superiors know that well.They know that he should always be polite,orderly and fearful of his superiors.Always obey orders.Never question the higher-ups.After all,hes just a guy in a suit right now.Who knows what might happen to him now that he finally has this job?

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
On the day of the Black Mesa incident,Kuro Akai was born in an apartment building,floor 7 room 67.As the Xen and the combine began ravaging Earth,it's cities and it's inhabitants,Kuro was laying in his mothers arms,being breast fed.At that moment in time,for Kuro's parents it seemed like all their troubles are gone once they look into their newborns eyes.They were having the time of their lives just being with each other and the baby.For them,it seemed like they finally had something that they can dedicate every ounce of their being to - their baby.

An hour later the attack finally reached their city.They suddenly heard screams,gunshots and an explosion.Kuro started to cry.The father went out to see what's going on just to be immediately pushed back in.He never saw anything like them - black uniforms and a ghost white mask.It was the combine.They seemed incredibly alien to him. The combine punched him in the gut and he fell to the ground - all the while Kuro and the mother are screaming and crying.He proceeded to shoot the father in the head.A feeling of massive denial fell over her.One of the combine ripped Kuro out of her arms and the other started mercilessly beating her.She started screaming:

-Please,you can kill me just don't hurt my baby! - In truth,the combine were annoyed most by the baby and it's painful crying.
-So,you are willing to sacrifice your life for his own - a tiny,bleak and worthless existence? - The combine asked jokingly.
-Yes,yes!Just please,don't kill him! - The mother screamed.
-Alright - he said.
-Hey,how about we use that thing he gave us? - The second combine asked.
-But it's the only one of it's kind!What if it breaks?- The combine replied.
-Stop worrying so much and just use the damn thing - The second combine replied angrily .

As the combine reached near the woman,he pulled out a green tube of some kind.There was a needle pointing of both ends.He pierced the mothers heart with it.The green color started changing into red.After the tube had fully turned red,he turned to the baby and stabbed him in the chest.The tube started draining and glowed a very intense red light.Kuro started to age rapidly.In less than two minutes,he was 19.Faced with incredible pain and only having bare animal instincts,he attacked one of the combine.And with temporary superhuman strength from both the tube and the adrenaline,he tore one of their throats out right through the armor.He started punching and kicking the shit out of the second combine.He felt his ribs breaking and piercing both his lungs,heart and even penetrating out of the armor.Kuro rushed out of the apartments and ran according to his instincts.

Five hours have passed and he ended up outside the city near a waste disposal facility,somehow avoiding all those Xen and Combine.Tired,hungry and finally overcome by fear,he decided to sleep inside an abandoned shed.Twenty-four hours passed and Kuro woke up from a deep sleep.As he ventured outside,he saw a human with a gun.It was a refugee.Instantly,his head filled with the memory of him killing the combine and he attempted to attack the female refugee.However,once their eyes met Kuro turned to stone,stopped naked in his tracks and stared crying.He didn't know why,but his heart felt like it was about to explode.The female approached him and asked what his name was.He didn't know what to do because he couldn't reply,so he just started hugging her as strong as he could.She assumed Kuro had a total mental breakdown because of the attack and vowed to keep him alive and help him.

A month had passed and Kuro learned basic English from her.She asked him,what would he like his name to be.He thought about it and not really knowing how names work replied :
-Black,red - Kuro asked.
-Black and red?" - She replied.
-Well then,your name will be Kuro Akai.
-Kuro......Akai?- He replied confused,never hearing the words before and somehow deciding they don't fit in with what she was teaching him.
-It means black and red in another language - The refugee woman replied proudly.

Two years have passed and Kuro has since decided to leave the waste disposal plant.The female died a month ago and it started getting dangerous.He approached the city because she instructed him to.As soon as he saw the Combine again,his head became blank and fear filled his heart.As he approached the city gates,the guards told him to ''apply'',whatever that is.He told them his name and now he's in the city.Distraught,scared and angry at the female.''Why did she send me here,of all places?!'' Then he realized - revenge.Knowing he couldn't do anything without the proper tools,Kuro has since been trying to get into the combines ranks to get some proper equipment.But he feels that a better life is more important than anything.He noticed that even though the combine hurt people,they can also improve their lives greatly.He wanted to do that.He wanted to keep peace and give them a better life.Who knows if he'll try to carry out revenge or succumb to a better life for himself and for others?

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
3 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Two and a half years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
About a month

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT +2

5. In what country do you live?
Lithuania

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable one?Well,there have been quite a few but I must say that it was probably on a HL2RP server.I had some connections and was supplying guns to a certain group.Little did I know the group would overthrow the servers CP's after a week of intense fighting.Truly,the atmosphere was pure anarchy and yet there was a leader who could manage the anarchy.I felt as if the combine were truly put down for good as they were now being held in the very cells they used on us.And yet they managed to escape,get their gear back and continue fighting.That last battle was truly the most epic RP'ing I have ever seen in 3 years.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Kuro Akai
CID: 32078
Height: 6'3
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 198
Mental Distinctions: Can get nervous when doing paper work,hates food going to waste,constantly stares at the sky.
Mental Defects: Hates children to the extent of wanting to kill them,reckless.
Mental Advantages: Knows how to work machinery very well as he lived in a recycling plant.
Notable Qualities: Strong legs,large eyes.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Yes,I tried to report a citizen and his contraband stationary radio and got arrested because of his trickery.I have since worked even harder by cleaning the streets,among other things.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes,I eat them whenever hunger kicks in.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I would give my life,soul and all that is me for the Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes,it is mine and noone elses.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Once the flesh dies,my soul will still continue to be faithful.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To keep the peace of the city,improve the lives of the citizens,the CWU and the CCA.I realized that the CCA isn't all that bad,and have since longed to join it even more than before.Truly,I feel that I not only have to live for myself,but for others as well.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Kuro Akai hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:37:34 PM by Kom??Як? Buy me SWTOR »
Upcoming Skyrim DLC info:
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=9937.0
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
-Gaiden Shinji

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Kuro Akai's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 04:42:26 AM »
UNIT: 031
DIVISION: VOID
CLEARANCE: Officer
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Kuro Akai>
Citizen Identification Number: 32078

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| Failure to understand HL2 Timeline. If you went by proper CG canon, you would be at the age of 2-4. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.VOID-OfC.031>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 07:31:57 AM »
UNIT: 031
DIVISION: VOID
CLEARANCE: Officer

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Acceptance status:

Reason:
<::|| Failure to understand HL2 Timeline. If you went by proper CG canon, you would be at the age of 2-4. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.VOID-OfC.031>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

I'm pretty sure the HL canon doesn't say whether or not the combine have an aging device and I know my HL/HL2 canon.If Gordon Freeman can get frozen in time and space by G-Man(A human,no less) then I'm pretty sure the combine can have an aging device that uses the life of another.If your question is why they would use it on a human in the first place,I have stated in the application that it is a prototype and they were just doing it to test it.Maybe it was considered a failure and was never used again?Maybe not.All I'm trying to say is we don't know that part of the HL/HL2 canon and I have used that to make my character.I didn't rush him and thought it thoroughly.Hell,I even waited 3 weeks before re-applying so I could think about it more.So please,reconsider.
-Gaiden Shinji

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:38:49 AM »
Note to admins;
Leave this unlocked, I'm re-reviewing this when I get back home. If he wants to be vocal about it I'll look at it myself, give me about an hour.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 12:28:44 PM »
Note to admins;
Leave this unlocked, I'm re-reviewing this when I get back home. If he wants to be vocal about it I'll look at it myself, give me about an hour.

Thank you,sir.
-Gaiden Shinji

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »
UNIT: 113
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: HIGH COMMAND - DIVISIONAL LEADERSHIP

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Acceptance status:

Reason:
<::|| Failure to understand HL2 Timeline. If you went by proper CG canon, you would be at the age of 2-4.

Not only this the CCA would NOT waste some prototype on a human species half way through the invasion.

People do not stop and talk happily in war, they do not carry prototypic biological fluids unless it is for biotical fighting.

The CCA did not exist at a time like this, the CCA is set up from the AFTERMATH of the wars, these would be Overwatch soldiers if that. They would likely not resemble humans, remember, this is BEFORE the CCA invaded. They would not be able to comunicate.

You would not be able to rip the "neck" out of a supersoldier.

These Units would not have talks with eachother. They were "programmed" to invade, destroy, and conquer.

ICly you are horribly uneducated (Just saying)

Many gramatical errors

You were just banned for 2 hours for not being serious at all, disturbing other players and admins.

Kuro Akai:
I fucking hate you people.
Today at 04:25:44 PM

From the shoutbox.

Asked multiple times to have the app reviewed (thanks Veran)

Anything I missed, let me know.
||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.UNIFORM-DvL.113>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:31:53 PM by Y2K-iwiee »

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 01:31:04 PM »
UNIT: 113
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: HIGH COMMAND - DIVISIONAL LEADERSHIP

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Acceptance status:

Reason:
<::|| Failure to understand HL2 Timeline. If you went by proper CG canon, you would be at the age of 2-4.

Not only this the CCA would NOT waste some prototype on a human species half way through the invasion.

People do not stop and talk happily in war, they do not carry prototypic biological fluids unless it is for biotical fighting.

The CCA did not exist at a time like this, the CCA is set up from the AFTERMATH of the wars, these would be Overwatch soldiers if that. They would likely not resemble humans, remember, this is BEFORE the CCA invaded. They would not be able to comunicate.

You would not be able to rip the "neck" out of a supersoldier.

These Units would not have talks with eachother. They were "programmed" to invade, destroy, and conquer.

ICly you are horribly uneducated (Just saying)

Many gramatical errors

You were just banned for 2 hours for being an idiot in the server

Kuro Akai:
I fucking hate you people.
Today at 04:25:44 PM

From the shoutbox.

Anything I missed, let me know.
||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.UNIFORM-DvL.113>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

mfw i was banned for wanting water before dying   :o
mfw it's not even worth it know that i think about it  ;D
mfw your cancer  >:(
-Gaiden Shinji

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
mfw i was banned for wanting water before dying   :o
mfw it's not even worth it know that i think about it  ;D
mfw your cancer  >:(

I think it's good to keep this quoted for proof. Excuse me while I get an administrator to lock this and judge weather or not you've flamed sufficiently enough to earn yourself something or other.

I'm going to talk about having your application permit removed as well, although slightly too harsh, if you don't think it's worth it. Then I'm sure I'm not the only one that will agree, you shouldn't need to apply again anyway.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 01:50:55 PM »
Yup.You're a dick alright.
-Gaiden Shinji

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 02:02:26 PM »
Locked. Issued Kuro a warning for flaming earlier.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal