Author Topic: Elizabeth Coont's Authorization Application  (Read 3100 times)

Offline [RRP-O] The Cyberrabbi

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Elizabeth Coont's Authorization Application
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:26:09 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: The Cyberrabbi
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): I believe seven or eight years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Four to five years, on and off.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Advanced medical training, some knife training (due to skill with scalpel), and the ability to do facial alterations to other people if given enough time, i.e. plastic surgery.

Name: Elizabeth Coont
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Elizabeth Coont was a problem child, always interested in books and animals more than socializing or making friends. This was perhaps due to her family constantly moving from job to job as her father tried to make ends meet. Though Elizabeth never directly blamed her father for her situation, she always felt cursed to live in a place of semi-poverty, never setting up healthy roots. In spite of this background, Elizabeth did well in school, finding fascination with the mechanics of biology and medicine. The first time she dissected a frog, she realized she wanted to use a scalpel for a living, doing surgery on people, the most interesting animal of all.

Unfortunately for Elizabeth, money for college did not come easily. The financial burdens her family suffered helped her achieve numerous scholarships, along with her grades, but she still had to work hard in the same dead end jobs her father partook in, to try and raise the money to rise up in the world. After some time she finally made it...at least one could argue that.

Perhaps the highlight of Elizabeth's life came when she finally attended classes. Though balancing the aspects of a full time job with a full time class load was an act of insanity, she never felt more in her element then at school. She especially liked the anatomy and physiology classes, finding out where bones lie, how they hook up, how the muscles and tendons bind together. She was especially fascinated with the number of muscles on the face, and how each one gave a minor, but necessary, addition to facial expressions and movement. In many ways though, through learning virology (not her favorite class) and seeing how easily humans are infected horribly, to just genetic biology which showed how easily humans can be cursed due to a scrambling of the genes, Elizabeth gained a sense of mortality and frailness to human life. In spite of this, whether it was through learning the proper amount of anesthesia to sedate a patient, and not kill them, or whether it was just fixing simple issues such as a dislocated shoulder, Elizabeth attempted to learn it all, absorbing the knowledge like a sponge.

Elizabeth Coont achieved her medical prowess slowly, finding it difficult that in spite of her talent, she barely had the money to afford classes for medical school at any point in her career, balancing a challenging work load with a full time job. She retained a slight bitterness as her richer compatriots paid, and even in some cases, bribed their way into better schools, and higher grades. Though Elizabeth didn't attend the most prestigious of medical schools, she believed she understood the value of money, and as such went into plastic surgery, finding it a necessary decision. In truth over time, the poor girl slowly lost her aspirations of helping people for the sake of taking advantage of her opportunities. This wasn't helped by the fact that through her various internships, she saw how easily the rich received care, and the poor were put on lists.
Though she was just as good at the boob job as the tummy tuck, Elizabeth primarily enjoyed, and flourished, at the art of the new face. Indeed, after some time, the mafia itself requested her skills to change the identities of some of their bosses on the run. Given that Elizabeth had no particular loyalty to the society that made her struggle for every step she took, she accepted, keeping some of the worst scum in society on the streets. At this point she no longer cared about the petty morality invented by those that use it to enslave others. Sure, she wasn't a Robin Hood, but at least the people she helped didn't make pretensions of being good people.

Unfortunately, all her ill-gotten gains was quickly taken away when the war came. Though Elizabeth's riches quickly became meaningless, she still hoped, naively, that the invaders would be the great equalizer. However she quickly realized that society had traded one bourgeois for another...and she was eager to take advantage of this new world again.

RP example:

Elizabeth Coont's gently snips and snags the pieces of flesh, pulling wrinkles tighter, making new wrinkles elsewhere. What people fail to realize is the key to changing an identity is to NOT make the person beautiful...beauty is suspicious...easy to tell. No, for the least suspicion you make them look flawed. Moles...wrinkles...little hairs....anything that seems like no one would want to keep. Sure you can make some things prettier...trim the fat....but in the real world of criminals, you take what keeps you unseen.

She disinfects the cuts she makes, using hydrogen peroxide to sizzle and bubble. Using biodegradable stitching she covers the wounds gently, making sure to make tiny stitches so as to prevent scarring...except for the parts where the scarring was intentional. She sighs to herself, remembering how simple regular surgeries are. Just open them up, disinfect liberally, and keep a steady hand.... It was amazing how many drama queens there were in medical school.

"All done Mr. Fazoli," she says, bandaging him up.
"You'll be sore for a few weeks...and I'd try and speak with a deeper voice."
"Gratsi mi bella....You are a life saver." Said the man drowsily, his face wrapped like a mummy.
"Just keep my wallet full and you can use me anytime," she said giving a greedy smile. Hey, it's a living.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Medical training, given the medical school education a plastic surgeon would have to obtain, would allow Elizabeth to be very helpful in treating wounds that others might not otherwise be able to treat, such as gunshots, stab wounds, that sort of thing. Plastic surgery abilities would allow, if given enough time, her to change her allies' identity and thus protect them, should she choose to invest her time in such a manner.

Also, given that "name and CID" are typically the only things asked by the CCA, it would allow people who were on the run access to precinct 1 again, as long as their name's weren't recorded of course. Thus presumably she would be a valuable recruit for resistance organizations or others.

Defects
As far as I can tell, none really.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
As of right now, not really "resist" but perhaps help those that do in precinct 3. Likely until she gains trust from some sort of organization, she'll just provide medical help for the downtrodden, and perhaps use her defensive knife skills to defend those that would otherwise be defenseless (such as Loyalists going into Precinct 3).

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Both

Extra Notes (optional):
I say both because given her circumstances, she may go to the outlands.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:43:23 PM by The Cyberrabbi »

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Elizabeth Coont's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 03:21:01 PM »
Take my advice-

Add a looooot more detail.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 04:07:01 PM »
She was a plastic surgeon, thus she has history in plastic surgery. What details related to her background would help justify her having it otherwise O_o

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Elizabeth Coont's Authorization Application
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 04:09:32 PM »
Take my advice.

Take my advice-

Add a looooot more detail.
Take his advice.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »
I reiterate, anymore detail is unrelated to the application but okay. I'll make it sound prettier : )

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Elizabeth Coont's Authorization Application
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »
I reiterate, anymore detail is unrelated to the application but okay. I'll make it sound prettier : )
From what I read all it really says is she was a plastic surgeon and not actually any detail on experience or anything. Fir what you want you need a lot of detail to prove you know it oocly and to explain how your character knows it icly. Just saying someone went to Harvard Law doesn't mean they are knowledgeable without proving it.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »
I don't oocly know it so I don't exactly understand how I'd display it icly. If you mean can I -rp- like I know it, I'm not sure how I'd prove that. A "canon back story" is different from a "example of roleplay"...regardless I guess I'll add that as well.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »
A canonical back story takes your ooc knowledge and translates it into how your character has the knowledge. Its not an example of roleplay. To have medical auths you need to know it oocly to be able to do it icly. Now I'm not saying you need to be a doctor, but you need to have knowledge enough to be able to rp well and know what your talking about. Human anatomy, surgical tools, how they are used. I know this stuff from work and research. Am I a doctor or nurse? No, I'm a security officer. But I know it well enough.

That's what is meant by oocly knowing it. Without the knowledge oocly how can we expect good rp icly?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 06:28:24 PM »
I have a med authorized CWU worker that people have seen me RP with? Added an RP example anyways.

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 11:11:44 PM »
What he means is, walk us throgh your characters passed.
Where did your character learn, and give us examples of what your character learned.
Personally, I can vouch for your med RP, it's good, you gave one of my chars surgery. It's all good. But it needs to be seen in your auth app, too. Write them over the period of days. Edit, expand, replace, etcetera.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 03:45:16 PM »
Authorization Accepted

Cyberrabbi has updated the thread and shown competency in OOC Medical Knowledge through not only her CWU Medical member, but in the application itself. I can't really think of what else would be required at this point, and the authorization requested is fair for the knowledge shown.
I would like you to keep it in mind that if you are going to perform complex operations that require extensive medical equipment (example: surgerys) that you get permission before doing so, aswell as explaining how you got the equipment to perform it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal