Author Topic: Citizen in a Uniform  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Citizen in a Uniform
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »
MINGES

Okay, what the sweet fuck is being done about them? Kicking them and saying "tis is a warnin11!" Does not suffice. A 1 day ban does NOT suffice. A PERMA BAN suffices. If they keep coming back and doing the same old bullshit, then you just get rid of them, forever. Admins REALLY need to respond to /admin reports more, because they rarely do. So how about us CCA gun them down when they minge run? Okay. Break!

CCA

What the sweet actual FUCK people? You are like "You can't be a jerk, your still a citizen." I CAN BE AN ASSHOLE IN REAL LIFE, AND JUST BEING A UNIFORM DOES NOT MAKE ME ANY LESS A DICK. So what if you beat some one up? I've beaten up people before, I didn't cry my eyes out after wards. I can understand amputations, but I can't be an asshole? What? I've seen Citizens be bigger dicks the Combine. Yet just because I'm in a new uniform makes me some soft guy that can't bring himself to be a dick? The Combine in HL2 will beat the shit out of you for getting too close, yet, we can't do the same? And if your so head up on making us seem human, then LET US express human emotions, such as love, without KILLING US. Your logic is seriously flawed.

Also, why the FUCK can we not buy donuts anymore? Seriously, that was the CWU's biggest income, was unit's buying donuts. That was super awesome, buying donuts off them. But now we can't, why?

/rant

Will add more when I feel like it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:48:59 AM by [={.B.R.P.A.}=] Renegade Awsome »

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Citizen in a Uniform
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 05:31:46 PM »
To your first part: Permaban's don't fix everything, if this was true, I'd have permabanned YOU long ago. And we admin's don't respond to /admin it is becuase either 1. No admin's are on, 2. Admin's are BUSY dealing with the (usually) hundreds of other stupid /admin's that recieve daily, or 3. Any Admin that is on is AFK.

To your second part: Lower ranks in the CCA are allowed to show emotion, thier allowed to beat and take out thier frustration on civvies, the only thing that is very much frowned on, is units going around beating every citizen they come across, or beating them to a pulp and feeling nothing; That is a problem. But yes you may show emotion and cry or get angry or w/e, just don't think that gives you the right to go around being a massive dick and doing whatever you want, becuase guess what, You are a trained unit, you have disicpline and you should fear your High Command and whatever consequences they might rain down on you for whatever reason they deem fit.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »
Good point Kom'rk. (Talk to me on steam, thnx) But why can't say, 02- show affection to a person they might prior to joining the CCA? Or another unit?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 03:42:04 AM »
The point is that some of these "minges" are actually new players that have no clue what they are supposed to do.
The CCA is not supposed to just shoot or beat everyone they think are "minging", because if they are new and being rejected by the community this easily, they don't feel much welcome here anymore. -> Destroying the playerbase.

Did you actually attempt to teach these guys before posting this rant, or are you just like everyone else who bitches the fuck out of everyone while refusing to take effort yourself?

Btw, don't think admins are not responding to /admin calls all the time. USUALLY they (Or at least I do) is watching the reported player in observer to see what he is doing. So it may look like we don't respond, but we actually do.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Kage Kuro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 04:02:03 AM »
At least today, multiple were intentionally trolling and or minging. There were some minges that were treated a little roughly, but tried to be helped.

And all of my /admin's have always been responded to just about...
Sonny Puzikas -"Chaos is the law of the Universe. . . Control is a dream of man."

Dr. Johnson - "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:08:33 AM »
Last night, we had probably half of the citizen population, which was about 10 players, literally attack the Nexus with no RP. People were running in the airlocks, we had to get units on the tower, and roof, citizens were prop surfing to get on top of the nexus and were throwing things at units, we had to setup barriers at the Nexus door, and no admins were on until Purple finally saved us. We had to resort to beating some of them unconcious and just putting them in detainment to even be able to go out on the steps. One citizen even managed to get to the lower levels of the Nexus someone said. At least two people D/C'd upon detainment attempts and to avoid RP. I know there are minges and there are new players, but I think new players are seeing minges doing what they do and thinking its okay to play that way, therefore they inadvertently become minges themselves. I've never seen minge activity like I did last night. Maybe something should be done to give HC units more freedom in making calls on what to do about situations like last night. You could say, "It sounds more like citizens RPing a riot to me." I've seen a few properly RPed riots, and this was NOT one of them. It was a minge attack that everyone took advantage of.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:47:52 AM »
Last night, we had probably half of the citizen population, which was about 10 players, literally attack the Nexus with no RP. People were running in the airlocks, we had to get units on the tower, and roof, citizens were prop surfing to get on top of the nexus and were throwing things at units, we had to setup barriers at the Nexus door, and no admins were on until Purple finally saved us. We had to resort to beating some of them unconcious and just putting them in detainment to even be able to go out on the steps. One citizen even managed to get to the lower levels of the Nexus someone said. At least two people D/C'd upon detainment attempts and to avoid RP. I know there are minges and there are new players, but I think new players are seeing minges doing what they do and thinking its okay to play that way, therefore they inadvertently become minges themselves. I've never seen minge activity like I did last night. Maybe something should be done to give HC units more freedom in making calls on what to do about situations like last night. You could say, "It sounds more like citizens RPing a riot to me." I've seen a few properly RPed riots, and this was NOT one of them. It was a minge attack that everyone took advantage of.

Basically what you said. There Is a difference from a minge and new player. A new player would have basic common sense to say In OOC "I'm new and I need help" or something like that. A minge would just prop surf, rub around with no rp, disrupt other people's rp, and other mingy acts. Yesterday was a total minge fest, people were prop surfing to the top of nexus roof, people trying to get into nexus via airlock. It was a horrible day. Even like 30mind later some guys IC name was "African American". CLEARLY a minge.

Now, there wa a guy who was saying to te units @ the nexus "Sir! I want to join you, sir!" He RPed somewhat good and somewhat knew how to use /me's. He was CLEARLY new And not a minge. He actually tried to rp at the est of his ability.

I would type some more, but I am on my phone plus I'm at school.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 12:47:22 PM »
I locked up one "new player" I tried to teach him how to play, and he ignored ALL of it, and he just kept lolrunning around the cell. And yes, that nexus attack was crazy, I was like an AA shooting down prop surfers.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
To your first part: Permaban's don't fix everything, if this was true, I'd have permabanned YOU long ago.

OH SNAP

yeah but seriously if you permaban every new player there will be no new players, and when the veterans realize the server is shit and leave, there will be no minges to take their places.
game over

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 05:57:26 PM »
I locked up one "new player" I tried to teach him how to play, and he ignored ALL of it, and he just kept lolrunning around the cell. And yes, that nexus attack was crazy, I was like an AA shooting down prop surfers.

Yes, and those prop surfers are clearly minges. They should be prema-banned. They clearly do not want to serious RP and they are disturbing the RPs of others. I gave each and everyone of the minge's IP addresses to Waffle so he can ban them.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »
 I've tried to teach new players, and I have taught them well several times. But just today while I was trying to teach a person how to RP, a DvL comes up with his AR2 out, and shoots at the ground around us. Telling us to move it. Now, how can I OOCly teach a person when I'm getting shot at?
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 08:07:51 PM »
I've tried to teach new players, and I have taught them well several times. But just today while I was trying to teach a person how to RP, a DvL comes up with his AR2 out, and shoots at the ground around us. Telling us to move it. Now, how can I OOCly teach a person when I'm getting shot at?

You were also at the entrance to the RDT when we were about to start Rations.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Dragon Dildo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »

The worst thing is, most of them can't wait for their RP turns.

I'm just trying to make a good /me to RP how I react to the DvL and they just "Move Along!" "Isolate" "Lookin' for trouble?"

It's just, annoying.
HL2RP Characters
Jim Boyle - Obeying the Combine in City
Marcus Nicholson - Getting used to City
Heikki Savolainen - Relaxing in D6.
Cliff Westburgh - Hunting rats in D6.
Chandler Hetfield (Outlands) - Trying to find his bearings.
Joey Geller (Outlands) - Sitting in the clinic with his left leg broken.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 09:56:18 AM »
Dunno about others, but personally if I see the "Talking" "Typing" or "Performing" thing above their head then I wait.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »
added to the OP.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal