Author Topic: Talk with Roflwaffle. (about map change)  (Read 7826 times)

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Talk with Roflwaffle. (about map change)
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 10:14:02 PM »
C45 is great, but from what I hear the map is, 'Stopping any more development'. That, is somewhat calling for a mapchange in the future itself.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 11:24:06 AM »
City 45's nexus has:

Multiple firing ranges

Tower

Training room

Showers (And one actually works)

Sparring pit

Armory with a keypad

Multiple airlocks

More cells

A better Treatment room

Interrogation

CA office

a force field to stop units from falling down the elevator shaft

A room that has all the dispatch bs

Grid MoC.

And more I can't think of, and we have an RDT that makes it impossibre to steal rations, furthermore, the outpost in the RDT can be used if the Nexus' cells are full. Not to mention S6 is very nice for webulling. What the fuck is wrong with City 45? Nothing. You guys just can't handle a good and balanced map, so you want Shitty 18, and Shittier 8. Don't like the fact City 45 is sunny and cheerful? Too fucking bad, turn your brightness settings down. Maybe the devs can edit the map to make it depressing, just for you emo kids.

/rant

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
City 45's nexus has:

Multiple firing ranges

Tower

Training room

Sparring pit

Armory with a keypad

Multiple airlocks

More cells

A better Treatment room

Interrogation

CA office

Grid MoC.

And more I can't think of, and we have an RDT that makes it impossibre to steal rations, furthermore, the outpost in the RDT can be used if the Nexus' cells are full. Not to mention S6 is very nice for webulling. What the fuck is wrong with City 45? Nothing. You guys just can't handle a good and balanced map, so you want Shitty 18, and Shittier 8. Don't like the fact City 45 is sunny and cheerful? Too fucking bad, turn your brightness settings down. Maybe the devs can edit the map to make it depressing, just for you emo kids.

/rant
Agreed.

How would you feel if you spent a megafuckload of time working on something only to have people bitch over one tiny fact that even a derp can fix.

Hell you want depressing I'll make a night version for you to stop your bitching.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »
I would want to edit City 8 lol. I'll ask Davebrown.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »
City 45's nexus has:

Multiple firing ranges

Tower

Training room

Sparring pit

Armory with a keypad

Multiple airlocks

More cells

A better Treatment room

Interrogation

CA office

Grid MoC.

/rant

I love you man. You said what I've been trying to get across every time this topic brought up. For those of you who read this and are about to say "[cry]But you can't pick a city based on the CCA's needs!!1!1 Its about the citizens!!1![/cry]" City 45 has everything citizens need and want, plus much more. You're basically saying you'd rather give up all the excess shit you have for a depressing, small, and overused map with far less. Some of you think and have even said the CCA is merely there to increase RP for citizens. We actually like to RP as well and enjoy the facilities we have. C45 is perfectly balanced for both the CCA, the citizens, and the lolwebuls. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 12:39:49 PM »
City45 is not useful for citizens. If there's any map that citizens can enjoy, its city8_2.

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »
City45 is not useful for citizens. If there's any map that citizens can enjoy, its city8_2.

COUGH COUGH RAIDEN
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 01:47:06 PM »
how about this? Seeing how the Nexus is set up for what the CCA NEED lets set the city up for everything the Citizens need?

1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »
Because the map is already fucked and stuffed with stuff that causes RSO the moment people join and spawn a prop (until Gmod 13 is released), but we seriously need to get off Shitty 45, it is as said, way too CCA Orientated too.

Offline igor

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 11:13:11 PM »
City 8 is perfect, if I'd stop getting that "Steam is too busy to handle your request" shit, I'd even help to make a better one myself. But I need SDK first.
C45.CCA.APEX-05.245

'Clyde'

Kal'Rinok

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »
City 45 has everything a citizen needs. I mean, look at D6! It is a perfect size for people, and it even has apartments in it. The only thing people do on City18 is circle jerk at the plaza. As for City8, I do not believe I have played it BUT, City45 is perfect. You are all blind if you think City45 is about the CCA. The CPs have a nexus that is small on the outside, but huge on the inside. The CWU have a small building for their HQ, and they just buy a shop/build one to sell their stuff. The citizen's have a great ration center. They also have apartments at the plaza in case you do not like to go into D6. D6 is also perfect because (as said above) it has apartments. It had that underground bar, it has the train station (And that connects to the other Train Station), it has that junk yard. I could go on and on about it, but City45 is perfect.

The Devs spent a long time making it, so keep it for at least 4-5 more months. Stop complaining and deal with the great map we have.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »
The Dev spent a long time editing it, so keep it for at least 4-5 more months. Stop complaining and deal with the great map we have.

Fixed. Also the 'dev' ragequit and has yet to be seen since.

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »
The Dev spent a long time editing it, so keep it for at least 4-5 more months. Stop complaining and deal with the great map we have.

Who was he?

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »
I don't know what you people think citizens need. Citizens have everything they need plus some in City 45. In HL2RP, citizens don't live in the lap of luxury, yet they have it in City 45. They have the UCH, which has a good amount of nice apartments. Not only that, but there's also a good amount of apartments in D6. There are plenty of shops in the plaza, and even some in D2 and D6 if you don't like those. There are benches and plenty of them to sit on. You have a fucking park next to the UCH you can do shit in. You actually have an RDT, which citizens should be greatly thankful for as much as they ask for rations to get their 60 token increase. The CWU has an HQ...AN HQ! City 18 has no space for any such thing unless you take one of the shops like Foto or some shit and try to convert it. I've never played City 8 I don't think, but I doubt it has any space for the CWU either. City 45 also has an ass load of room for people to move around and explore, and all that shit.

Another issue is most of those who have units love the City 45 Nexus. What makes people want to join the CCA and stay in it and stay active on their unit is the City 45 Nexus. If you go changing the map without editing it to make it at least as good as it is now, you're going to see a drop in unit activity and a drop in interest of people wanting to get units.

I can't understand or believe that people want to change a perfectly good map that exceeds the needs of both the citizens and the CCA and CWU and lolwebuls.

But let's just take a look at what citizens need: Housing, RP space, shops, slums (for rebel characters), and maybe some sort of medical center. Anything more than that is simply excessive and not an RP need of a citizen.

Now let's look at what City 45 offers citizens: Housing (UCH, D6 apartments), RP space (Plaza, UCH park, sewers, train station, etc.), shops (The plaza shops, the D2 shops, the D6 shops), slums (D6, the sewers, part of D2), medical center (CWU clinic). Well look at that, City 45 meets and exceeds the needs of citizens. Let's not stop there though, City 45 has even more to offer, The RDT. Which allows for unique RP and ration handouts. This benefits both the citizens and CCA.

You can say, "Oh well City 18/8 is better because it also has all those needs." Trying to say another city is "Better" because it also meets citizen's RP needs is false. Having a depressing environment is not a need, it is a want. Citizens already have more than they need in City 45 and the only thing that could be "Better" is something that has more than City 45. You can't find that unless you make it yourself.

My proposal for solving this issue is to further edit City 45 to accommodate everyone's wants. I say wants because their needs are already overly satisfied. The problem is, no one seems to be capable of, or has the work ethic to begin such a project. Many in the past have started such projects, but given up midstream and left everyone high and dry. Perhaps with the release of Gmod 13 in 2030, we can get started on such a thing.

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 10:08:23 PM »
The Devs spent a long time editing it, so keep it for at least 4-5 more months. Stop complaining and deal with the great map we have.

Fixed again.
If it werent for me we would not have the RDT, Training room, or parts of the nexus as a whole.
It was a complete edit but has since become something more than an edit. It is completely different.
However, yes. Kazuo/KFrohman rage quit HL2RP after falling out with the sec and high command for inadequate performance and constant threat of public map release.
It's a shame, he taught me everything I know lol.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal