Author Topic: Increase Outlands Popularity (questionnaire)  (Read 8060 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Increase Outlands Popularity (questionnaire)
« on: February 26, 2012, 04:06:39 PM »
I noticed outlands is back to square one now with 0 players during midday so heres a few questions I'd like you to answer so we can get the place more interesting.

Code: [Select]
[i]Why would you rather play on the city then the outlands?[/i]

[i]What do you do for fun on outlands?[/i]

[i]Is Ineu_Pass too hardware reliant for your current system? (too laggy)[/i]

[i]What would you like to see more of on outlands?[/i]

[i]What do you want to do on outlands?[/i]

[i]What is about outlands that makes you not want to join or play it?[/i]

[i]What can I do to Civiwatch/Alliance Network to help you enjoy the outlands?[/i]

[i]Extra comments.[/i]

No the alliance is not official nor is civiwatch but they seem to play a major role in things on the outlands. I also run civiwatch and the alliance so I can easily make any changes I want.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Increase Outlands Popularity (questionnaire)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 04:37:36 PM »
Why would you rather play on the city then the outlands? Outlands.

What do you do for fun on outlands? Roleplay.

Is Ineu_Pass too hardware reliant for your current system? (too laggy) No the download is quite big for the map though.

What would you like to see more of on outlands? Maybe a day/night system like Harbour RP.

What do you want to do on outlands? I'd like to join some form of resistance group.

What is about outlands that makes you not want to join or play it? The fact that there is always a minge or mugger I know it's part of RP but it makes me not want to join sometimes.

What can I do to Civiwatch/Alliance Network to help you enjoy the outlands? Nothing.

Extra comments. Something that could help that is if the map wasn't a massive download I'm sure we would get new players equalling to more players.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
Something that could help that is if the map wasn't a massive download I'm sure we would get new players equalling to more players.

Next update I'll probably upload two seperate packages. One being the map and the other being a client update for those without episode 2.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »
Why would you rather play on the city then the outlands? Outlands.

What do you do for fun on outlands? Role-playing, mainly passive and trying to survive in the wilderness without help.

Is Ineu_Pass too hardware reliant for your current system? (too laggy) It is quite laggy at times, and with Steam Browser up it will lag.

What would you like to see more of on outlands? Danger and threats, so that people don't casually waltz around the place without caring.

What do you want to do on outlands? Continue to role-play.

What is about outlands that makes you not want to join or play it? I play Outlands most of the time, but at times it's pretty much dead and I'm the only person on the server, beside a couple of AFK people.

What can I do to Civiwatch/Alliance Network to help you enjoy the outlands? Nothing.

Extra comments. N/A

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 06:30:32 PM »
Heh'. As soon as this post was made Outlands shoots up to 20/50.

Glad to see you're working with the players on this stuff, it'll go a long way.

I'll do more opposing threat events if the server feels in the mood to do so. Also, there should be some wildlife in the Outlands, so it'll make RP more fun if you all RP that. Anyways, I've got an idea I want to sort out with you Stat', I think you'll like it.

Offline Francis

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:41:01 PM »
Why would you rather play on the city then the outlands?I play on the city server more, I do admit, I find more fun there with all of my whitelists and such. Yes, I still play on the outlands sometimes, I just lean toward the city.

What do you do for fun on outlands? I enjoy the passive RP going on in outlands, it's fun and different every time.

Is Ineu_Pass too hardware reliant for your current system? (too laggy) Nope.

What would you like to see more of on outlands? To tell you the truth, I find it great as is, with the passive RP going on. I do admit it I love action sometimes when I see it in the outlands(As events or small other stuff.). I know RP is slow paced and is not about action, but a event here and there wont't be to bad. It might crave more to get on and stay on. I know RP is mainly passive but sometimes it gets boring acting alone. Over all, outlands is fun and I enjoy playing on it.

What do you want to do on outlands? I go to outlands to passive RP mainly.

What is about outlands that makes you not want to join or play it? Nothing, I join when I want to, nothing really makes me 'not' want to join

What can I do to Civiwatch/Alliance Network to help you enjoy the outlands? Nothing

Extra comments. I find that people aim to go to the server that has most population sometimes, when more and more join the outlands, it increases.(What I see at least).

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 06:08:41 PM »
Sorry for straying from format, but I keep crashing every time I try to join the Outlands server, anybody else have this problem or know how to fix?
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 06:22:18 PM »
Why would you rather play on the city then the outlands? Because City has more heart pumping action.

What do you do for fun on outlands? I have yet to find something fun to do...

Is Ineu_Pass too hardware reliant for your current system? (too laggy) To big, It is just ridiculous

What would you like to see more of on outlands? More of the OTA patrols and such to make your heart get pumping and be like "oh shit!11!! i gotta hide or they will see me!

What do you want to do on outlands? Have fun.

What is about outlands that makes you not want to join or play it?

What can I do to Civiwatch/Alliance Network to help you enjoy the outlands? Make the Civiwatch do more patrols.

Extra comments. I sometimes play on a terminator server, and it gets my heart pumping. When a drone walks by, I am OOCly shitting my pants but having fun at the same time. I want to see the OTA or whatever they are called, do more patrols. If you do bump up the patrols, make them P2L a lot when they are looking around for someone. But if they are in clear sight, then let them see them Icly. The city server can make your heart get pumping if you RP a certain path.

td;lr Make more frequent patrols with the combine OTA or whatever they are called. P2L when looking for people (As in, if someone is hiding in a bush, pretend you can't see them. If they are in clear sight, then RP it)
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »
Sorry for straying from format, but I keep crashing every time I try to join the Outlands server, anybody else have this problem or know how to fix?
Possible it could be to much props in the server and just bad timing with it. Not sure what do's it say when you try to the join the server? Lost connection or anything?  ???

Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 11:37:39 PM »
I tend to crash when running windows media player for some reason. Check if an external application may be causing it.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 01:03:29 AM »
Possible it could be to much props in the server and just bad timing with it. Not sure what do's it say when you try to the join the server? Lost connection or anything?  ???

Nothing, right after sending client info finishes, Gmod crashes.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Bu11et90

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 11:38:36 AM »
Why would you rather play on the city then the outlands? No Comment.

What do you do for fun on outlands? Rp around the bunker, or just do sentry duty.

Is Ineu_Pass too hardware reliant for your current system? (too laggy) Not laggy at all. Just random server crashes.

What would you like to see more of on outlands? Id like to see the item mod fixed so we could Scavenge rp. The weather/daytime cycle would be very nice as well. Since we have large grassy areas, Possibly have a farm for rp. (Plants that grow and are eatable)

What do you want to do on outlands? See more people on the server.

What is about outlands that makes you not want to join or play it? Events, Good RP moments.

What can I do to Civiwatch/Alliance Network to help you enjoy the outlands? Nothing

Extra comments.
Outlands-Frank Bullit /John Franko
Xbox/Steam-Bu11et90

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 01:24:55 PM »

Start a singleplayer game first, then go into outlands.
what

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »

Start a singleplayer game first, then go into outlands.

Thanks, man.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 04:12:29 PM »

OH Iv had this problem before and I fixed it I froget how...... You could always re instal it and save any wanted stuff addons maps ect. I will give you notice if I find out why but re instaling should work if worse comes to worse that is.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal