Author Topic: Occupy Main Street! - Hands off our Administrators!  (Read 8705 times)

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Occupy Main Street! - Hands off our Administrators!
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:48:03 PM »

Occupy Main Street!
Hands off our Administrators!

Occupy Main Street (OMS/#OMS) is an IC and OOC movement, campaigning for Roflwaffle to abolish the absurd rules placed upon Admins, which effectively mean that anybody can provoke them into a simple swear word and suddenly, they will face demotion.

At a time where OCRP is reaching critical mass of minging with a lack of administration, two active admins were demoted in less than a week, one of whom plays 9 hours a day. Smithno and Crazyninja.

Smithno was demoted for telling a spammer to "Shut the fuck up". CrazyNinja was demoted for JOKING to a friend about a ban. This friend kept the screenshot as ammunition and gave it to the CG Owner TWO WEEKS LATER because CrazyNinja was ENFORCING THE RULES and would not allow said "friend" to mug a player in a public area.

Roflwaffle has stated his reasoning for this is to avoid harbouring "corrupt admins" and as a result, driving away new and regular players alike. But is telling a spammer to "shut the fuck up" really corrupt? Is a joke the epitome of corruption? Or perhaps, should we look at RTLK?

RTLK spent weeks sticking his fingers into everyone's business, making any decisions he liked and so forth. Despite constant complaints, was he demoted? Like hell he was! Eventually half the damn community threatened and protested until he left. A good 5-10 players left because of his actions. But he was not demoted, no. He took it upon himself to eventually stand down.

Yet these two admins have been fired for that? Surely something is wrong here.

This is where the Occupy Main Street Movement began. Disgruntled by these decisions, working class Hero DeathByKittens took to the streets of Evocity in protest! A hardy band followed him and soon the city was adorned with signs and pickets, each of them protesting the plight of Catalyst-Gaming's administrators. They set up a camp in the BP, with the Mayor's grace, speaking their message to all who would listen. They kept within the laws and supported the mayor and economy by purchasing a steady stream of drinks. Finally, as they prepared for a proper demonstration on Main Street, the camp was forced to close.

And that is why I'm here.

Catalyst-Gaming is a community.
Noun:   
A group of people living together in one place, esp. one practicing common ownership: "a community of nuns".

Community. We are not a dictatorship. When the people want something, the people get something. We don't all bow down to Dear Leader Roflwaffle and line his pockets with dollars for letting us be here. When we play here, we play for fun. This isn't some sort of job or forced labour. Now, we have in place an administration team. We trust these people to deal with mingery and rule-breaking.

So how can these great people be tasked with the tedious task of protecting us FOR ABSOLUTELY NO PAYMENT OR COMPENSATION, ONLY THE GOOD OF THEIR HEARTS and yet, Roflwaffle can toss them aside for such mild offences? These aren't highly-trained, highly-professional operatives from some mercenary company, these are fucking bored teenagers, juggling this with whatever other concerns they have.
There is literally no one in this playerbase who would rather Staff were fired rather than a couple of retards sworn at.

I've been here since the first day of OCRP on Orange Cosmos. I've seen it all. I've played more than 99% of this community. I'm not doing this to be a dick. I'm not doing this because Crazy is a good friend. I'm doing this because I goddamn care about the community and the gamemode and the players. I care about the future of OCRP. I can't stand-by and let it all be destroyed. And I will be especially furious if someone decides not to heed my word and the community's concern because they have a superiority complex and like to be right.

The fact of the matter is that we've had 2 of 4 active OCRP admins go down over bullshit. That's not good enough, Roflwaffle, it really isn't. Swearing and joking is not fucking corruption. RTLK is corruption.

So this is why I organised OMS. We players want to organise an IC protest because that's where people will see it. We're not disrupting roleplay and the only drama on OOC is from admins asking us to stop. The benefits of this are:

- We've started an interesting IC event (Referring to the "plight of Evocity Administrators being fired over unfair terms")

- We've given people something to get together behind, essential in a "community".

- We've given people on OCRP something to do other than grow weed and bait cops. You need more of it.

- We've kept within the rules and avoided trying to make trouble for anyone.

We want permission to continue the movement in-game for it's IC reasons. We need a way to make it clear to Roflwaffle that change is needed and why not do it with a fun-for-everyone IC event?

We are the 99%, RoflWaffle, and we demand that you give us the change we want.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Occupy Main Street! - Hands off our Administrators!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »
I support this.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
If i smell any targetting (mainly towards Justin for getting Crazy demoted), i will ban whoever does it and lock this thread it.

Keep it clean, no bullshit in here.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »
Mhm. It's not about WHO did it, it's about that he COULD do it.

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 04:56:16 PM »
A strong message. I will be participating in OMS.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »
I really don't think there needs to be some revolution here. I think Crazy should get admin back, but that is my opinion. I really don't think there needs to "WE WANT OUR RIGHTS ROFL" when he is the guy who pays for this. Its like going to someone's house and freeloading them, then telling them their food tastes like crap. Yea, maybe it does taste a little like crap,  but its free and it should be the way he wants it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:08:55 PM by A Fancy Christmas Viking »

Offline Chris Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
I also support this.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 05:21:27 PM »
When he pays for this? Donations pay for this.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »
Dear god.. This is going to get out of hand and cause utter chaos. I do not want to be involved in such acts against the community and how it runs. I understand that Crazy was demoted but I am not going to put in my comments because I feel they will be flamed. I mean come on guys this was a small event on the server, it is going way to far.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »
The "small event on the server" was us trying to get recognition for a bigger issue. Get over the Crazyninja part, he's just an example really.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 05:31:58 PM »
I really don't think there needs to be some revolution here. I think Crazy should get admin back, but that is my opinion. I really don't think there needs to "WE WANT OUR RIGHTS ROFL" when he is the guy who pays for this. Its like going to someone's house and freeloading them, then telling them their food tastes like crap. Yea, maybe it does taste a little like crap,  but its free and it should be the way he wants it.
Rofl gets donations so it is actually the PEOPLE that pay for CG.
Also here's something from a chat I had with Rofl the other day:
Alaskan Christmasfuck: the way i run CG is the way I think is right
Alaskan Christmasfuck: obviously people are going to disagree
Alaskan Christmasfuck: I don't expect the entire world to like my opinions just as I don't like other peoples
Alaskan Christmasfuck: but seeing as it is mine, I see no reason to not run it the way I want
ChristmasFrizz1405: Then you truly are as selfish as everyone has said. When you made CG it turned into a big thing. You run it like a child. "It is mine so I will do what I want with it, even though people who know a thing or two have tried to help me". This isn't just a minority of admins or members, this is a big majority. See that we are trying to help you Rofl. Think about it. WHat exactly do we have to gain by pestering you to change and run it like a professional. Money? No. Praise? Hell fucking no. We do it because we love CG and the way you have been running it lately has caused a shitstorm of anger and resentment towards you and RTLK. What has happened in Libya? A dictator was overthrown because he did not listen to his people. You're a long way from Gadafi, but the principal is still there. You don't take any advice or opinion on board and you just dismiss anything that is not to your liking. You have little to no respect anymore because of the above.
ChristmasFrizz1405: Do you not see that people are trying to help you Rofl? Do you think we pester and nag you for the good of our health? No, we do it because we need you to see that players and admins are not happy with the way you are running things. A good leader must put the needs of the many before the needs of the few. We're not asking for you to become some super owner, only to be fair, professional and uphold your own rules.  You don't need to change much Rofl.

And

ChristmasFrizz1405: LEts get back to it. He stays unbanned then, even though 2 SA's and 3 normals agreed that what he did was by definition blackmail and is not only a morally currupt thing to do but it is also stated in the rules that is will get you a HEAVY ban.
ChristmasFrizz1405: But hey, we're only admins so what does our opinion or judgment matter?
Alaskan Christmasfuck: last i checked i uhh
Alaskan Christmasfuck: ran this community

Partly right, but i'd say it is more to do with the many people that put their time and effort into keeping CG alive. I.E admins, players that donate and post bug reports, ban requests, your devs etc.

That being said, Rofl will not change and I doubt anything anyone says or does will change that.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 05:32:17 PM »
The "small event on the server" was us trying to get recognition for a bigger issue. Get over the Crazyninja part, he's just an example really.

Okay let me get this one off my chest. Your trying to get a point out there that will be locked by rofl and ignored. It is a waste of your time, I give you props for attempting it.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 05:35:25 PM »
That's problem exactly, Jizz. I just want more people to try and understand that their crowd tactics will get the change we want and need. But still people are sooking up to Roflwaffle

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 05:36:47 PM »
Although I support this, in the end Rofl knows the consequences of what may or may not happen with people leaving. Not to mention he is the owner, meaning his choice is his choice. If this is how he wishes to act, then we cannot do much to stop him.

Then again I do find that the rules on administrators should be much more leniant as we are all human. Having restrictions on every little thing they can say seems unfair. Demotion should only be kept for the worst of situations, probations should be more in flow than demotions.
These are just my two cents that are entirely opinionated and not directed at anyone as Crap-Head said.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
@Purple The problem is that people dismissing it like you did is why he won't change

@Rictalspace: We can stop him. We are his community. Who cares what he changes if we all leave because he won't do shit. Know that I haven't a problem with him as a person, only how he leads.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal