Author Topic: Incident today during D6 sweep.  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
Incident today during D6 sweep.
« on: March 11, 2012, 05:37:14 PM »
I rarely use the forums so sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I didn't see a spot that I felt was appropriate for this one, as it's not a complaint, an unban request, or really a suggestion. I'm just looking to bring something to the attention of the admins and see their response.

So some of my anti-citizen friends and I were in D6 when we learned that it was being swept. We went to check it out for ourselves and confirmed our suspicions after seeing numerous Civil Protection officers lined up at the gate (and I might add being indiscriminately shot at).

Anyways, we continued to RP, voting not to charswap as many others would. We RP'd rallying people from throughout the district and bringing them back towards the railway, where we thought we would be safe. Walking through the dark, flashlights in hand, we soon discovered that the rails too would be swept. Using radio communication, we sent scouts to each end of the rails, to give early warning to the rest of the group should we spot CPs. Being one of the people who volunteered, I went to the station under the spawning point, and with a friend, we kept watch. Cautiously going up the tunnels, we found that we were cornered. Upon discovering this, I decided it would be best to mount a defense from the station. I walked back down and found an angle from which I felt comfortable that I could defend the train station with my shotgun, and my friend with his pistol.

Almost immediately after doing this, two command units rushed down through the tunnels as I was typing up a /me. They both ran through the rotating gate and through all of the queue gates before I finished my /me, and immediately after they did, one of them did a /me and both started to fire upon me.

I believe I took one down, but then had to take cover. When I peered back up to fire off another shot, two more general units had joined the fight, and were both firing on me, having not done any /me's.

My point here is that we had all been doing pretty in-depth roleplay, and I don't find the way that this turned out very satisfactory. Four units engaged me, and only one performed his actions. I don't find this a very fair end to people who had been sure to RP their actions, and I would appreciate it if something were done about this.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Incident today during D6 sweep.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
Honestly, HL2RP has been in a downward spiral for quite some time, especially when it comes to anti-citizen roleplay, and roleplay between anti-citizens and the CCA. It's a sinking ship, however many of the other servers are doing well. My advice to you is to abandon ship like all the smart people did a while ago.

Things like this happened weekly, advancing to daily, and the reports are becoming more and more numerous. The chances of saving HL2RP are little to nil.
game over

Offline lets play modern wafer 3

• ultimate roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 05:50:55 PM »
I have noticed that the CCA are terrible at S2M rp, they always S2K.

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 05:51:57 PM »

The point though is that there was NO RP, essentially.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline lets play modern wafer 3

• ultimate roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 05:53:46 PM »

The point though is that there was NO RP, essentially.

Yeah, 90% of the CCA are terrible at rp and never do it.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »
I saw Hyperion (Erzengel) getting S2Ked by the units. No RP was involved. I would also like to add that the units can't S2M for shit what so ever. On Saturday during that long event that lasted hours, I got S2Ked multiple times. The CCA are just a bunch of trigger happy people who don't listen to admins even though the admins spam OOC saying "S2M DAMNIT!" It is generally the lower ranked units that S2K, like 02's - 04's. They just wanna go S2K all the citizens.

So yea, The RP with him was complete bullshit because the units S2Ked him basically...
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Kage Kuro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 06:22:03 PM »
On the saturday part, people literally were walking into the reign of bullets -.-

Just simply going lol ok give up and post useless shit, why not make it an actual complaint and get the admins to enforce some rules with warnings, marks and kicks?
Sonny Puzikas -"Chaos is the law of the Universe. . . Control is a dream of man."

Dr. Johnson - "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 07:22:19 PM »
why not make it an actual complaint and get the admins to enforce some rules with warnings, marks and kicks?

been there, done that, got banned.

well no i didn't get banned, but admins are "elite" and therefore any "normal" player who makes a complaint is wrong in every possible way.
game over

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 07:36:07 PM »
Meh, that's why I quit HL2RP. The RP has turned to shit.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 04:15:52 PM »
I believe I took one down, but then had to take cover. When I peered back up to fire off another shot, two more general units had joined the fight, and were both firing on me, having not done any /me's.

According to your own statement, you shot to kill first. If you shoot to kill, or kill a CCA unit with a gun, other units are pretty much going to gun you down without giving you the chance to kill them first. Shooting to miss isn't something only units must do. The whole concept of shooting to miss is a mutual thing between shooters on both sides. Each side does /me's to fire before firing, then allowing the other side to respond with their /me before they actually fire the weapon. Eventually, its expected that one side will do the /me of getting hit or wounded, in which it has become a shoot to kill/maim and RP can be continued from there. I wasn't there and don't know the whole situation, but it also sounds like the units were wrong to not do /me's to RP firing their weapons. I can also understand why they may not have, as killing you  in their minds probably became more of an OOC matter than anything else. If you kill a unit without following correct shoot to kill protocol, as I've described above, you're then seen as someone who is going to shoot to kill anyone who opposes them. In this case, the units likely thought you were going to shoot to kill them without proper shoot to kill/miss protocol, since you said you killed one of them, which caused them to kill you without taking the time to do /me's. This doesn't justify poor RP on the unit's part however, and you should see if you can remember the unit's digits and report them so the matter can be investigated by the proper people.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:44:52 AM by Airborne1st »

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 02:07:24 AM »
Give us some actual names so we can take action - there's a reason we have divisions like the UED here. I can't really evaluate them in the field as I'm not fit for field duty, so people have to report stuff like this to me so I can take care of it. If it happens again, take note of their names; screenshot the console and send me a PM about it.

Offline [CG] Rekyit Merlo

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
I saw Hyperion (Erzengel) getting S2Ked by the units. No RP was involved. I would also like to add that the units can't S2M for shit what so ever. On Saturday during that long event that lasted hours, I got S2Ked multiple times. The CCA are just a bunch of trigger happy people who don't listen to admins even though the admins spam OOC saying "S2M DAMNIT!" It is generally the lower ranked units that S2K, like 02's - 04's. They just wanna go S2K all the citizens.

So yea, The RP with him was complete bullshit because the units S2Ked him basically...
How about I explain this to you, the SMG weapon has HORRIBLE accuracy, it is IMPOSSIBLE to aim at somewhere and not hit someone with its spray, bursting does nothing, neither does crouching. So please, stop crying about getting S2Ked, same thing with shotguns, but shotguns can actually be put where they need to be. As for 9mms, hitboxes are a bitch in source, they lag and jump around when shit it getting serious. As for the Purposeful Pointblank S2K, digits is all you need.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal