Author Topic: Never Forget 9/11  (Read 8084 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Never Forget 9/11
« on: September 11, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »
*This topic is a serious topic. Keep it on topic.

12 years ago today, America faced one of the most tragic events in our history. The world trade center was hit by two hijacked planes, American Airlines Flight 11 and American Airlines Flight 175. American Airlines Flight 11 hit the North tower at 8:46am. American Airlines Flight 175 hit the South tower at 9:03am. Within two hours both towers collapsed, leaving New York City in a cloud of dust. A third plane, American Airlines Flight 77, was hijacked and crashed into the Pentagon at 9:37am. A fourth plane, United Airlines Flight 93, was set to crash into the Washington D.C metropolitan area. Due to some brave Americans, in an attempt to take the plane from the hijackers, they crashed into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania at 10:03am.

Almost 3000 innocent lives were taken that day. 2977(Not including the hijackers) victims lost their lives as they were going on about their day. 2606 in New York, 246 on the planes, and 125 in the Pentagon.

The ground where the towers used to stand was named Ground Zero. The Pentagon had a memorial placed on the ground where the airplane hit. This is personally one of my favorite memorials I have ever visited. If the victim was killed in the Pentagon, their bench is facing the direction of the pentagon. If the victim was killed on the plane, their bench is facing the direction of the sky in the way of the path the plane hit. The benches are in order of the age of the victims. Under each bench is a reflecting pool. If there was more than one member of a family who was killed in the attack, their name is engraved in the pool along with having their own bench.

To all of the men and women that helped to rescue those in the locations of the attacks, to the men, women and children that were killed in attacks, you will always be in our thoughts and prayers. We will always remember this day and honor those who were killed in the attacks. God bless you all.

"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward and freedom will be defended." -- President Bush, Sept. 11.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMiqEUBux3o" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMiqEUBux3o</a>

United we stand. We will move forward, but we will never forget. God bless America.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:11:51 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Never Forget 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »
shame everybody else forgets about other stuff that happens in the world 10x worse than 9/11 like everything that happened in WW2 and whats happening today with syria and egypt

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:11:36 PM »
shame everybody else forgets about other stuff that happens in the world 10x worse than 9/11 like everything that happened in WW2 and whats happening today with syria and egypt
No one really forgets those, but on this day every year many people remember the attacks and pray for those who died.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 04:05:58 PM »
Sadly I agree with Abbott, Media blowing things up etc but we live in the age where we can document these sort of events which we wouldn't have been able to in the past. That doesn't effect the thousands of innocent people who died though so for that all the best support for people effected on a pretty difficult time of the year

rip

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »
I showed the guys at my station here, and on behalf of them (8 guys) I'd like to say thanks wake for making this thread. It was very kind of you.
We'll never forget 9/11 and those that had fallen "in the howling dark, and did not return".
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:17:04 PM by KJUN »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 04:25:27 PM »
You have to understand, Abbott and Owen, that this was only the second time in our nation's history that we have been attacked on our own soil (The first being the war of 1812, unless you count the American Revolution).  I understand that your nation has seen a lot of terror attacks with the IRA in the past, but this attack "came flying in from somewhere in the back" to quote Toby Keith.  We always expected a conventional invasion by the Soviets, not a bunch of muslim extremists who think that killing innocent civilians wins wars.

Of course, compared to what's happening in Syria, 9/11 is only a drop in the bucket.  However, the fact that about 3000 people died in a single terror attack is not what makes this day different.  What makes the 9/11 attacks stand out from all the others is the fact that on this day, more than 10 years ago, a nation stood united against a common enemy and demanded justice for the cowards who planned it.

Your comment is about as offensive as me asking why everybody is so interested in the battle of Britain when everyone got bombed during WW2.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 04:32:45 PM »
Hazard got it pretty spot on. Though times are changing here, we're still a country that stands united. We pray together, grieve together, and remember together. When something tragic happens, we work together as a nation to solve the issue. We don't just forget things like this. We move on, but never forget.

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 06:06:18 PM »
Hazard got it pretty spot on. Though times are changing here, we're still a country that stands united. We pray together, grieve together, and remember together. When something tragic happens, we work together as a nation to solve the issue. We don't just forget things like this. We move on, but never forget.

Countries always become united  during a time of need. I was 5 when it happened coming home from preschool and seeing the news reels on tv. (I live in Australia) There are a few things that could have been done that day i will give you two, The 2nd tower to be hit could have been evacuated before the plane hit and the 2 fighter jets that were sent out in the wrong direction could have been sent out to were the last known location to flight 93.

I got a test on i will post more later.
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 06:09:31 PM »
So 3k people died in 911 and 7,615,360 people died from hunger so far just in this year. yup rip that very very small amount of people that died in 911 and lets not give a fuck about starving kids in america or other countries. once americas hunger problems are fixed, then we need to help them other countries. that money that was put together that made the freedom tower(the tower that was made to "remember 911") costed $3.9 billion dollars. that money could have gone to help the kids in this nation that are starving, but nope lol, we spent in on a fucking tower where only 3k people died.

good job america
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 09:22:40 PM »
So 3k people died in 911 and 7,615,360 people died from hunger so far just in this year. yup rip that very very small amount of people that died in 911 and lets not give a fuck about starving kids in america or other countries. once americas hunger problems are fixed, then we need to help them other countries. that money that was put together that made the freedom tower(the tower that was made to "remember 911") costed $3.9 billion dollars. that money could have gone to help the kids in this nation that are starving, but nope lol, we spent in on a fucking tower where only 3k people died.

good job america
That has got to be the worst comparison. One day of the year, that's all, where we take some time to remember those that died in this terrible attack. I don't get the big deal, honestly. Yes, people die from hunger, and America tries to fix it, but you're making it sound like this one day of the year we forget about everything and just focus on 9/11. No, a simple moment of silence between 9 and 10am, only one minute, to show your respect to the families and friends that lost someone this day. They didn't just die from a car accident or heart attack, they were killed because someone else hated us and thinks killing any innocent American is the way to show their hate.

As for the tower, that's what America is. We don't forget things like this.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »

good job america
That has got to be the worst comparison. One day of the year, that's all, where we take some time to remember those that died in this terrible attack. I don't get the big deal, honestly. Yes, people die from hunger, and America tries to fix it, but you're making it sound like this one day of the year we forget about everything and just focus on 9/11. No, a simple moment of silence between 9 and 10am, only one minute, to show your respect to the families and friends that lost someone this day. They didn't just die from a car accident or heart attack, they were killed because someone else hated us and thinks killing any innocent American is the way to show their hate.

As for the tower, that's what America is. We don't forget things like this.

20,864 people died everyday just so far, I did the math. Only from hunger, nothing else. The year hasn't even ended yet, and the study where I was doing I research was done in July so the numbers would be much higher. We make a day for 3k people dying, yet over 20k people die everyday from hunger. Why don't they have a remembrance day? Oh that's right, it's because 'murica. Many times I'm not proud to be an American, but other countries are not much better.

Watch me get banned for trolling even though my points are one hundred percent valid.

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 10:03:55 PM »
How about we stop arguing? It pisses me off that when Wake tried to start a thread to respect the lives that were lost on this day, the thread instantly turned into a fight.
ok

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »
How about we stop arguing? It pisses me off that when Wake tried to start a thread to respect the lives that were lost on this day, the thread instantly turned into a fight.

No I'm just pointing out how dumb it is how Americans basically have this 9/11 holiday "never forget" when children die everyday IN AMERICA.

Edit: Adding Onto my post. People should stop wasting all of this money for 911 remembrance and fix out hunger problem. That's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:19:18 PM by Cow ??¦? ???°??? ???? ???°???¤ »

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 10:18:02 PM »
My dads partners died in that horrible tower, never forget or forgive.

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 11:02:33 PM »
"oh. only 3,000 ppl died it's not big deal" Shut the fuck up. People died; that's all that matters. When people die, that is tragic. There has only been 3 times in history where the US has been attacked, 1812, Pearl Harbor, and 9/11. Which happened, respectively, 201 yrs ago, and 71 years ago; yet 9/11 happened a mere 12 years ago. So yes, we have a right to make a big deal over the largest attack on the U.S. in the past two hundred freaking years. For all of you that say "oh, so many die abroad every day" Yea, we care. We help and care more than a ton of nations. So I think, I just think that we can get one fucking day to mourn our dead. If you can't respect that, y'all should not have posted in this thread. This thread is to honor the dead. NOT be an argument. So shut the fuck up, please.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal